[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm waiting in line to take my road test /o/, I live in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1112263329.jpg (758KB, 1100x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1112263329.jpg
758KB, 1100x1800px
I'm waiting in line to take my road test /o/, I live in Queens, NY.

Any tips? Second time around, I'm scared as fuck.
>>
Fap beforehand so you last longer.
>>
>>14146454
At least as of 2010, when parallel parking, bumping the curb with your tire adds 5 points (15 points or more fails the road test). Jumping the curb (tire goes over the curb) is an instant failure. At least this was the case in Westchester county.

Exceeding the speed limit at any time is an instant fail. Ignoring a traffic device (running a red, right on red when prohibited, blocking the box) will generally fail you as well. At stop signs, perform full stops. Stop before the line. If you must inch forward for visibility, do it after a full stop before the stop line.

I took the road test in Putnam and it was really easy.
>imagine there is a car in front of you and behind you. parallel park
lel

If you fail they are generally supposed to tell you why you failed. Did they?
>>
keep both hand on wheel
>>
>>14146471
I didn't turn around and look back, didn't see traffic when I tried to parallel park, hesitated at all ways. The guy was a huge cunt too.

>>14146473
I lost the "cool guy" driving with one hand habit already.

>>14146468
Kek
>>
>>14146454
>queens
who cares, you shouldn't be driving a car while living on welfare you spic
>>
>>14146454
Keep it in the lines. Any moving violation is an instant fail so keep it ultra conservative. Drive between the speed limit and 5-under. Count to 3-Mississippi for every stop at a stop sign or right-on-red.

Do head-checks for any lane changes or backing. Don't trust mirrors at any time - write "NO" on masking tape and stick it on all 3 mirrors to remind you to actually turn your head around and look with your eyeballs.

If you do that and ace the driving portion, you can afford to miss a few points on parallel parking.
>>
>>14146490
But I'm Polish

>>14146496
That's one thing that fucked me up, I relied too much on the mirrors and didn't check the blindspot. Last time I took it, my friend got this qt white chick and I got an angry nigger.
>>
>>14146506
just because your great great great grandpa raped a polish woman visiting Puerto Rico doesn't make you polish
>>
>>14146454
What state are you taking it in?
Typically you can get by with level 2 driving skill, 5 STR, 10 DEX, and 5 LUK, unless you get fucked over by rng.
>>
>>14146454
>dat image

fuck amerifats are so fucking autistic
>>
>>14146471
do you know how many points for being too far from the curb when parallel parking, and how far is actually too far?

From Brooklyn and been learning to drive, only thing I really struggled with so far was parallel parking.
>>
File: nyroadtest.jpg (193KB, 650x580px) Image search: [Google]
nyroadtest.jpg
193KB, 650x580px
>>14147080
5 points for excessive distance from the curb.

Also, I was wrong. It's not 15 or more points on fail, it's 30 points.

I had a bitch on my first road test (a black woman infamous for failing young white guys, to the point where she had a nickname) and failed on 15 points (failed to make a 3 point turn, she said a car a half mile away in a 25mph zone was "too close" and told me to abort it, then added a couple bullshit ones about turning caution). I took it a second time and had only 5 points (they will always cite you for something so you don't think you are perfect).
>>
>>14146471
Muh Bestchester bro.

My test was really easy. I forget where I took it, something is telling me it was Pleasantville but I got a perfect school.

Driving tests are reall easy. Overdo everything essentially. Get in the car, put on your seatbelt, check your mirrors, turn on the car. Signal you are pulling out and signal every turn you make; signal everything besides going straight. Always do a complete stop at stop signs, obviously, and count to 5 before going. Signal before you parralel park and make sure you turn the wheel in when you get 2/3rds down the car next to you, turn the wheel in again when you have enough clearance in the front. Follow the same rules when going back to the test location start.
>>
>>14147155
>I got a perfect score

Typo and that's a true story.
>>
Try to see if your examiner is in a good mood, if they are then don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. Otherwise don't even bother.
>>
>>14146468
This makes little to no difference, unless combined with not giving a fuck, thinking about something else besides that your fucking some bitch, and just fucking relaxing nigga. Unfortunately if you can't last very long, there isn't much you could do.
>>
>>14147167
Who cares if your examiner is in a good mood, don't be an idiot anyway. My examiner couldn't give a fuck, she was quiet and not talkative besides giving orders. I was excited as fuck and simply made sure I did everything perfectly. I don't understand how people fail driving tests. Don't speed, signal every manouver, stop at yellow and red, wait 5 secs at stop signs before going. Don't do anything reckless or too quickly.
>>
>>14147097
>tfw young white male
>le oppressed

I also heard you need a certain amount of hours done driving before taking it, do you do these at a driver's ed or something?
>>
>>14147288
If you're underageb&, you have to have at least 50 hours of supervised driving (hours spent during a Driver's ed course do count) signed by a parent. If you're 18 or older, you just have to show up with a licensed driver 21 or older to the test, and either have passed driver's ed or a "five hour" pre-licensing course. The MV-278 (five hour course) is valid for a year after you take the course. It must be valid when your road test is scheduled, but can be expired at the time you take your road test if you scheduled it when it was still valid.
>>
>>14146454
When i took mine a few years ago i got points off for not looking in my mirrors enough. First time i ever parallel parked.
>>
>>14146454
>tfw i have a 200hp engine capable of 116 mph
>>
>>14147997
>tfw I have a 185hp engine and can do 115
>can still beat ricers in drag races

2012 Ford Focus for the win. Its an SFE even.
>>
>>14146454
Mercedes Mechanic here,

>Any tips?

Don't fail again.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.