[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /o/ tell me your thoughts on the 2014 Chrysler 300c AWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (75KB, 830x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 830x358px
Okay /o/ tell me your thoughts on the 2014 Chrysler 300c AWD w/ the 5.7 Hemi
Backstory follows
>offered job/partnership at consulting company out of state
>was driving 03 745li w/ 130k miles
>not going to drive this cross country as a consultant
>when I was about 17 I liked this car, was searching for something similar after Craigslisting 7 for 5k cash
> 27k for 11k miles, was a rental that was repo'd after being stolen
>do you think purchasing this car in full was a good decision?
I left the job after 2 and a half months. Unvested percentage and bad contract paired with shitty coworkers, not my thing.
>I'm still stuck with a brand new car that was purchased with the intent of traveling around the states for my previous job
>>
I've had only 1 issue with the vehicle which I'm not sure is actually an issue. The "Hemi tick" which concerns me at times. While I owned the 7 I had many problems with it and many costly repairs, I am now hyper paranoid with all vehicles and every little sound gets my attention
>>
Shit/10
>>
Comfy and Hemis are good engines.

But
>Chrysler transmission
and the fact that it's a nigger-mobile.
>>
>>14140819
Nigger mobile, how so? I'm 6'3 and 240 so comfort is something I prefer. What is the issue with the Chrysler transmission and will I see it before my warranty is up? (36000 miles)
>>
>>14140819
no, retard. it has the mercedes 5 speed
>>
>>14140830
I own a 5.7 challenger, same platform/engine. Comfy cruiser that's good for your occasional WOT fun. You sound like you really like the car, and if you can find a good example then by all means I would pick it up. Just know it is American and something may explode horribly around 60k miles. Or it might not. You never know but it's a risk you have to acknowledge.
>>
>>14140830

>nigger-mobile.

Used Chrysler 300s have been super popular 'luxury' cars for black people since the mid-2000s. Because A) They're cheap B) they have a similar styling to the Rolls Royce Phantom.

>Transmission.

In these? Nothing particular, but Chrysler in general has a VERY spotty reputation overall with transmissions.
>>
Another question while this thread has some attention
>does anyone actually use this manumatic shit?
I've tried it out a few times but I don't ever find myself wanting to be in manual "mode" as I'm usually just cruising around taking care of simple tasks, and if I want to "go fast" I do that on the highway
>>
>>14140680
pre hemi VVT LXs are all junk
>>
>>14140840

Ah, didn't know, if it does, then that's a plus in it's favor.
>>
>>14140847
I have a 3.5L charger. Not a hemi, but it's been good to me
>>
>>14140853

>Not using Manumatic.

I've driven a few cars with this, I think they're called a 'slap-stick'? Either way, most people don't use it either. The only practical use it has is low-gear towing. Beyond that, it doesn't remotely replicate the feel of driving a manual car.
>>
>>14140847
I appreciate the input, I'll keep 60k thing in mind as my main driver was a 7 until now. I have a 07 f150 @ 125k and I haven't had any engine issues with such high mileage so maybe this isn't common or am I just lucky?
>>14140850
Ah, I'm from Iowa so we don't have many black folks, usually just Mexicans. Thank you for clearing that up for me though
>>
>>14140866
select-shift, tiptronic, autostick or whatever. every company calls it something different. i use it sometimes when i feel like revving the car like an asshole
>>
>>14140830
We had a 300 base as a rental. The 8 speed liked to jerk us around, and one of my mother's co-workers HAD a Challenger with the same setup and said the same exact thing
>>
>>14140860
No, it isn't.

That shit will blow on you, then you're stuck trying to get a Mercedes transmission worked on or eplaced.
>>
>>14140866
Veloster non-turbo has this in dual-clutch form.

It is absolutely necessary to paddle-shift down a couple gears to overtake someone, or merge safely with such little horsepower in that car.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.