[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Canadians here on /o/? I'm moving to Halifax later next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1394867448637.png (576KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1394867448637.png
576KB, 1024x724px
Any Canadians here on /o/?
I'm moving to Halifax later next year.
How is the process for acquiring a driver's license and the test like? I have a provisional license from my home country right now.

Can any of you give some insight into car insurance and what's that like?
Possible to bring my car with me if I wanted to?
>>
>>14140453
>Car insurance
You're getting fucked in the ass hard no matter what.
>>
>>14140462
It's retard level expensive then?
>>
come on guys
>>
>>14140546
>>14140677
this is spam, people know it's spam fuck off go ask an even more vague question with a toyotaspampic next to it somewhere else.
>>
>>14140453
Not as pants on head retarded as most of Europe, written test, driving test, done. You'll get ass fucked by insurance if you don't take a driver's ed class or try to buy something nice, but I own a slowRZ and I'm 28, pay almost nothing for insurance on it
>>
File: 1394829367873.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1394829367873.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>14140686
How thw fuck is this spam? How is th even fucking vague when I specifically asked for help with something?

I always knew this board was a shitfest but holy fuck you faggots are really something.

Do I give a fuck about your toyota spam? No. Not a single iota. I have a question that I would like help with. Specifically fr mthe canadians on here.
Now fuck off you twonk cunt.
>>
File: 1430287838729.jpg (38KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1430287838729.jpg
38KB, 425x425px
>>14140699
>>
>>14140698
I'm jamaican, have gtir pulsar.
don't really want to sell it.
>>
>>14140714
fuck off
>>
Not crazy as fuck. Test for learners license, is like 25 simple questions on signs and shit assuming same in most provinces. Wait a year then you are applicable for the road test for your actual drivers license. Bring your own car that you're familiar if you want to pass but if you don't, you have to extra for renting a car for the test.
For car importation, it should at least be 15 years old to be a legal import
>>
>>14140788
doesn't sound bad at all
>>
>>14140717

What's the import car market like in Jamaica? Full of cool jdm stuff? I'm thinking about importing cars from there, since Japan is very far from NYC.
>>
Halifax sucks, dartmouth sucks.

WE DONT NEED ANY MORE NIGGERS SO MOVE TO ONTARIO FAGGOT.

Ps, I own 902 productions, check it out. My names Nick
>>
I'm in Ontario and have 2 tickets at 19 and my yearly insurance is $4590

Kill me.
>>
>>14140717
Should be okay importing isn't a huge deal here, but since it is 2-door it will raise the insurance, not sure how it works in other provinces but in Manitoba you have only one choice of insurance provider
>>
>>14142943
>Quebec
>21
>No tickets
>$400/year
>>
>>14141308
Mos of the islands are 100% jdm shit
Jamaica probably has the largest amount of GTiRs outside of Japan. They love the fucking things
>>
>>14142139
I met you at a point pleasent meet one time - you are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>14145396
Fight me next time then goof instead of talking shit online. You must know what i drive then, that big lifted diesel with 35s, roll right over your goofy ass.

Please tell me youre that faggot in the white 5spd accord with the rusted out rocker panels HAHAHA faggot bring your bf next time
>>
>>14140717
Car has to be 15 y/o to import into Canada I am fairly certain,
>>
>>14143417
>ontario
>2002 wrx worth 1800$
>20
>3 minor speeding, no accidents, 1 for expired sticker
>no claims or accidents
>still labeled as a high risk driver for getting 1 speeding ticket a year
>417$ a month

just.
>>
>>14146352
Them tickets stay with ya for like 5 years. After age 25 you should see a drop tho. Assuming you don't keep getting tickets
>>
canadas insurance costs are fucking retarded.
im so glad i live in a country of freedum
>>
>>14142139
>muh dslr
>muh point n click
>>
>>14146387
Hey he has branched out and is now selling apparel with his shit logo on it
>>
I moved to Halifax at 17 and I had my intermediate drivers license. When I got there and went for my new license they graduated me to a full license with no restrictions. The shitty thing with NS is that every 2 years you need to get an inspection/safety done to your car.
The shitty thing with insurance is that I came from Winnipeg which had public insurance so the rates were pretty damn cheap, but going to NS where its private insurance gg, it'll fuck you in the ass. Try to get Johnson's insurance its the best/cheapest insurance but you have to have had your license for 3 years to get it. Anyways that my piece, good luck OP!
>>
>>14146407
I actually move to Wellington (which is still part of the Halifax Regional Municipality)
>>
>>14146362
3 years theyll get dropped, but still fuck that bs.
>>
Alberta here, it's a boring place to love cars. The constant cycle of winter and road construction means everyone drives highly practical vehicles or shitty lifted trucks. Also, fun and twisty roads are extremely hard to come by.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.