[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mercedes 190D 2.2 l4 8v Automatic ~320k 1075$ USD Is this a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 50668837_614.jpg (66KB, 614x460px) Image search: [Google]
50668837_614.jpg
66KB, 614x460px
Mercedes 190D 2.2
l4 8v
Automatic
~320k
1075$ USD

Is this a good price? It seems to be in good condition, has only had one owner, an older guy. Also, how expensive will it be to maintain? Will it need repairs often? Are parts hard to find? This will be my first car, if I buy it, taking a look tomorrow morning. Also, anything in particular to watch out for when looking at it?
>>
>>14137898
Bump
>>
>>14137898
Bump
>>
It's worth that much, but i wouldnt buy it for that much. At most 950$.
Ball joints, rear shocks, and all the electricals are common problems.
I've had many 190's. The diesels are extremely reliable if you don't redline the shit out of it and floor it a lot.
Check the suspension all around and check every single electical thing.
190's are great dd's, and the diesels will last you forever if you drive them properly.
>>
File: benz 250D.jpg (60KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
benz 250D.jpg
60KB, 605x454px
>>14137898
beautiful car.

i bought a 250D with the 2.5 liter diesel and around 300k kilometers (190k miles) about 5 days ago. i just drove with it, i feel like a golden god dude, im sitting on a moving cloud, man. the diesel sounds like a ship engine, feels like a ship engine. you cant expect to accelerate fast, but the top speed is more than enough for the highways here, just takes some time to get to it. paid 1850€.

and man, i feel like people are staring at it constantly. like, they dont even give a fuck what benz you drive as long as it has a fucking star on it. and im the comfiest fucker around. i sit in it like in a living room tv-chair, the diesel brabbles smoothly and the inside is so fucking calm i could sleep in and crash to death without even waking up.

pic related, mine.
>>
>>14137898
>Is this a good price?
Meh, haggle him down to 900. Cool car though.
>>
>>14137898
>Is this a good price?
eh
How expensive will it be to maintain?
very
Will it need repairs often?
yes
Are parts hard to find?
YES
Also, anything in particular to watch out for when looking at it?
everything
>>
>>14141824
you dont know anything about old mercedes do you
>>
>>14143865
Not him but
I think you don't know much about old mb's

>tfw 6.9 costs more to fix than was paid for car
>>
>>14137974
Those are not really problems. They part of regular maintenance just like any car.
But make sure to check them.

The only real problems that might come up are the stupid heater blower thing, minor leaks on the vacuum system. They are very annoying to diagnose and fix. Also, the electronic antenna is fragile, and the rubber thing on the drive shaft likes to die often.

Neither of the above will leave you stranded, but at that mileage they should have been changed already.
If not, the car has been horribly neglected.

Also, its not easy to tell the condition of the shocks unless they have failed completely. Because they are gas and hydraulic.
The gas component usually fails first and the hydraulic can last a while longer.

Get under the car and inspect the plastic dust cover for the shocks, and the condition of the bump stop. No dust cover usually means the shocks are quite old.

Also, open the hood and inspect the front shock mounts for cracks in the rubber.

As for the rubber thing on the drive shaft, simply put the car in a low gear, and pump the accelerator pedal quickly.
If you feel a knock, then it may need replacement in the future.

If you hear that know in normal driving, or when you lift off the pedal, or when you accelerate hard, it will definitely need replacing.
>>
File: 2015-12-17 10.29.35.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17 10.29.35.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14143887
lol it's not a 6.9. The really expensive shit in the 6.9 is the hydropneumatic suspension, the luxury features and the unique gasoline injection system on the engine.
All of which a 190 D 2.2 will not have.

I don't know how bad it is in America, but here in germany parts aren't any more expensive than for a VW Golf. parts for a Civic are more expensive here. That said a 20 year old car is a 30 year old car and you have to expect shit to break sometimes.

pic related, my '98 C180 next to a new model. Yes, it rusts. No, it's not bad. I can literally get most maintenance parts for double digit money from the dealer for this and I have had no problems since I bought it 9 months ago with it except I had to recalibrate the electric sunroof which took me all of ten minutes to do.
>>
>>14139932
Pretty much the same way I felt the first time I drove a 250D.
The feel is 90% from the engine. I had a 260E before and it felt like a completely different car.
>>
no
why?
at least 22 year old mercedes automatic transmission.
find a diesel with a manual transmission and you're set.
>>
>>14145640
I know it's not a 6.9 but mine is.
And the valve train essentially shat itself. All luxury amenities work just fine.
I already rebuilt the entire brake system costing more than the car itself, and now this
>>
File: shit.png (695KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
695KB, 900x600px
>>14145906
>valve train essentially shat itself
What happened?
pic related

On a more serious note props to you. I know a guy who has been in the process of restoring a 6.9 for a few years now. He said just disassembling and reassembling the doors takes almost as long as disassembling and reassembling a 90s economy car. He recently had the paintjob done and it developed bubbles on the roof for unknown reasons. The fact that our Nazi environmentalists forbade the use of nitrogen based paint might have something to do with it.

TL;DR: Owning this car is a privilege you definitely have to work and pay for. I admire you guys who follow through with it.
>>
>>14145639
Thanks for the tips, mate. In addition to what I suspect is worn rubber flex discs, the bolts that fasten the differential to the sub frame has seized, so the diff is slightly loose, haha.

Does anyone know what can cause very rough idling when cold starting petrol engines? Could it be worn out bearings (200 k miles on the clock), or just due to the injection system?
When it has warmed up, it does run fine.
>>
>>14145939
I'm not sure what happened. It was misfiring badly so I took it to a guy that specializes in vintage mercs/VW and he said the driver side bank camshaft is bent (u wot m8) and it would take a good chunk of change to fix and he didn't want to do it, so I'm stuck doing it when funds are available.
Funny thing is, it isn't mine. It's my girlfriend's. She kinda fell in to ownership of it, and dailyd it for years until this. I help her (read: do it myself) take care of it. She sees aesthetic beauty in it, I see the mechanical marvel that is the 6.9.
She didn't know she had a special merc until I shit a brick over it and told her.
>>
>>14137898
>~320k

Lol, germanbro here, that engine aint even ran in. Go for it.
>>
>>14145949
Could be the injectors are dirty.
Try running injector cleaner trough it and see if it runs better.

In my experience injector cleaner will not actually clean anything. But it is useful for diagnosing a problem.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.