[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

almost certain i'm gonna buy Citroen AX 1,5 diesel tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: Citroen_AX_Green metallic.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Citroen_AX_Green metallic.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
almost certain i'm gonna buy Citroen AX 1,5 diesel tomorrow
price is equivelent of $300

what to look for in particular while inspecting?
>>
oh my good fucking christ anon dont go near citroen AX they have the most electronic gremlins known to man. citroen should literally bow their head in shame. this one just got lucky and avoided the scrapage scheme go find a nissan micra they made those with the renault diesel or a twingo
>>
>>14134892
shit, srsly man?

i've read many good things about AXes also on /o/
>>
File: gohanwat.png (220KB, 328x328px) Image search: [Google]
gohanwat.png
220KB, 328x328px
>>14134805
>go find a nissan micra they made those with the renault diesel
>buy a small nissan
>with renault engine
>>
>>14134912
/o/ also says the Miata is a legit sports car.
>>
>>14134805
>what to look for in particular while inspecting?
Rust, probably. Everywhere. Literally everywhere.
>>
>>14134912
They have very few electronics to actually go wrong so ignore that anon.
>>
>>14134912
>>14134933
this is my personal experience of the UK model on 3 separate cars all in car electronics break since the relays are cheap even your light/wiper stalks. every citroen engine from the 90s seemed to be poorly constructed. head gaskets, oil pumps, dead turbos, etc. we never got the diesel one but theres a reson every 90s shitbox left in the uk is japanese.

>>14134918
nissan and renault have a joint partnership aka renault owns/cucks nissan
>>
>>14134934
what was the bx like?
>>
File: szufla_smutny.jpg (8KB, 360x260px) Image search: [Google]
szufla_smutny.jpg
8KB, 360x260px
I posted a thread about Citroen AX one day and it was
>OMG IT'S GREAT

and now
>IT'S SHIT

go figure

>>14134933
yeah, I figured, but thought maybe he knew something I don't
also please halp me to make a decision an/o/ns
>>
>>14134805
1.4 diesels have chocolate headgaskets. When i had a 1.4 i went through 3. 1.5's are meant to be pretty good. Be prepared for a lack of speed
>>
>>14134934
I haven't heard any horror stories from people that I know who own them. Besides it's hardly going to throw complex repairs at OP. The head gasket problem was on the 1.4 diesel and the 1.5 is non-turbo.

>>14134940
It's $300 for goodness sake. If I see running cars for sale locally for that or less I almost certainly impulse buy them.
>>
>>14134939
no experience with that car they did make a fast one though with a twin cam turbo 2.2 4 pot on first google. literally know nothing about it though never even seen one before googling it.
>>
OP bump - going to sleep and will read in the morning :3
>>
>>14134971
im from the uk and it was big in the early 90s
there are almost none left now though
>>
>>14134805

you can't go wrong.

Bulletproof engine, check the electrics but it's a gut car
>>
>>14135015
blame the dreaded scrappage scheme. so many gems gone because of that travesty
>>
>>14135027
OP here, cant sleep
Thanks anon :3

Also
>bulletproof engine
Oh hi Jay how are ya
>>
>>14134805
If i were you i'd get a citroen saxo, not much more expensive and waaay more reliable.

Got one and got rid of it with 300km on the ODO, needed a lot of work on suspension gearbox and the cluch was in it's last legs but the engine was tip top
>>
morning bump
>>
yeah, bitch!
>>
>>14134805
No

Buy a twingo with that money
>>
File: hektik.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
hektik.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>14134805
do it faggot

>>14134928
>>14134933
>>14134962
nofap
>>
so I went there for an inspection

we turned on the engine and the fuel pump was STREAMING FUCKING DIESEL FUEL ON THE GROUND, "dripping" would be too little of a word
so as you imagine i couldn't even test drive in this state, let alone buy and drive back home
i imagine the stream would be even greater when actually bringing some RPMs up than just idle

so yeah, my quest for AX (Peugeot 205 and Renault 5 are also ok) is still on
>>
File: $_20.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_20.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>14140211
also pics
>>
File: $_201.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_201.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
>>14140211
dem lancia integra taillights tho
>>
>>14140216
this unpainted bonnet really triggers me
is it just me or it screams internally
>i've been into serious front crashes and my owner doesn't even pretend he cares

>>14140211
>the fuel pump was STREAMING FUCKING DIESEL FUEL ON THE GROUND
what a shame
>>
>>14140279
the owner explained his wife was driving and the bonnet lifted itself while driving - luckily not damaging the windshield

yes and it's a great shame about fuel pump, but he said if he won't sell it he will repair it
i would buy it otherwise
oh well, i need patience i guess - not a single AX for sale in 150km radius
>>
>>14140298
Why don't you just replace it? It's not that hard.
>>
>>14140327
i'd love to but it's 25 km away from my home

you think it wouldn't be too much of a risk to drive a car with leaking diesel fuel pump

the owner said the smell of diesel after few km's would be horrendous not to mention losing fuel
>>
what would you recommend guise?
>>
>>14140575
obvious answer
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.