[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im looking for a project to restore with my dad, what do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image1 (1).jpg (181KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (1).jpg
181KB, 640x480px
im looking for a project to restore with my dad, what do you guys think?

1982 mercury capri turbo rs, 5 speed manual, 2.3L 4 cylinder, 80000 kilometers

he wants 720 ameribucks for it

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/campbell-river/1982-mercury-capri-rs-turbo/1128465867
>>
File: image2.jpg (142KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
142KB, 640x480px
>>14131610
dash
>>
File: image4 (1).jpg (142KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image4 (1).jpg
142KB, 640x480px
>>14131612
engine

he says the carb needs tuning and the electric fan doesnt work
>>
>>14131619
>electric fan not working
He would of figured this out after cooking it first
>carb needs tuning
carb needs to be rebuilt

Can you do these things? can you restore this car to a satisfactory level? Will you enjoy the end result? Can you afford to fix the car? how often can you buy parts for it?
>>
I gibs ya fitty fer dat 5 speed
>>
>>14131636
>Can you do these things? Will you enjoy the end result?

no but my dad can for sure. trying to learn car shit from him

>can you restore this car to a satisfactory level?

i dont need much to be satisfied, ill try

>Can you afford to fix the car? how often can you buy parts for it?

yeah. body/interior parts i can probably loot from most other foxbodies? engine im not too sure but it doesnt look like it needs as much work

im mainy just trying to make sure this thing isnt grossly overpriced, i dont know much about cars at all
>>
Buy it.
>>
>>14131666
>body/interior parts i can probably loot from most other foxbodies

If you swap an aero Mustang front end onto it, someone will find you and murder you and your entire family
>>
>>14131610
Get an 87-93 fox, don't fuck around with the earlier ones.
>>
>>14131733
i want to keep it stock if possible i just meant arm rests, dashboard, all the fucked up stuff
>>
>>14131610
Capris are the sexiest foxes, put a 5.0 in it.
>>
if you have a garage to work on it and your father has the tools, do it.
The worst that can happen is that you end up with too much of a handful and you dump it to another fool.

i was here in the last thread btw
>>
My cousins just finished restoring an '88 Chevy Monza Spyder. Its ugly but I love it.
>>
I;m going to guess some of the Fox Body general are in here.
OP just post this in the foxbody general.
>from the anon last night that told you these were foxbody, and sold in the US, and not just some obscure Canadaland ford sold for a year or two.
>>
File: 20151219_131754.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151219_131754.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>14132033
Hey Baby
>>
>>14131612
I feel like the entire underneath is rotten
>>
foxbump
>>
Go to foureyedpride.com

Lots of good guys on there
>>
>>14134371
True
>>
Assume literally everything is broken, but it's a fox so it's good for like $700.
>>
That's not a turbo...
>>
Somebody assploded it and swapped and n/a 2.3 in. But thats good. Good excuse for an efi 2.3t easy to make 300whp with them. Do it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.