[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, we have a mission: we need to try to pick out a pickup truck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: f350 dually.jpg (165KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
f350 dually.jpg
165KB, 1200x600px
/o/, we have a mission: we need to try to pick out a pickup truck which can moonlight by having a ladder rack and truck boxes mounted to it, workin' and towin', but on the weekend those come off and I can take her trailin', muddin', off-roadin', rallyin', driftin', whatever the fuck i can fun truck.

Considerations:

I know these setups will require part swaps based on activity, such as different suspensions, mud tires, at tires, snow tires, disposable tires for drifitn'.

must pass colorado emissions every so often.
id like to somewhat hide my power level around town, so nothing TOO crazy.
4wd/awd
id like it to maintain a somewhat reasonable mpg, why diesel came to mind.
total stretch i think, but can a dually fit this bill?
id think ideally this could be a truck & engine with lots of aftermarket parts for me to play around with upgrading it.
i'm not shying away from automatic/manual or gas/diesel.
>>
>>14122410
Sorry about your insecurities
>>
>>14122411
>insecurities
dont come off like a complete pleb because you dont have the will or means to have fun the way others do.
>>
>>14122436
>so insecure he replied to the b8
Kek
>>
7.3L turbo diesel ford 4x4
>>
>>14122448
>The 7.3 L DI Power Stroke was in production until the second quarter of model year 2003 when it was replaced by the 6.0L because of its inability to meet newer emission requirements.

>The 7.3 L DI Power Stoke engine is commonly referred to, before the 6.7 L DI Power Stroke, as one of the best engines that International produced.

dang.
>>
>>14122410
>lifted trucks a shit for towing
>12" drop hitch
>no fifth wheel
>hooning a dually
>ima put this lift kit on for the weekend
are you literally 12?
>>
>>14122410
xcab colorado with the 5.3, 4x4

rip out the garbage 4l60e and swap to 4l80e

supercharge

throw air bags on it, drop for towing and lift for off road

It won't be reliable but it'll be versatile.
>>
>>14123871
Also mod for paddle shifting. You'll have to put in a new steering wheel.
>>
File: Ded.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Ded.png
33KB, 917x1186px
>>14122410
>Using apostrophes instead of just typing the g

Kill yourself.

>Drifting in a dually

The whole point of a dually is to increase the payload and towing, partially because of the increased traction of having two extra tires contacting the road. Again, kill yourself.

>Off roading in a dually

Maybe gravel roads, and while true off roading can be done I guess, the extra width of he rear end can get dented up by trees and shit. Wanting to off road in a diesel is yet another reason why you should kill yourself.

>Rallying in a pickup truck, let alone a dually

Please, give yourself a Kurt Cobain haircut

Also

>Modern diesels
>Ever
>>
http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5354710063.html
he wants $3500 for it

offer him $3000 and have it towed to a shop and pay them $10,000 to go through the engine suspension transmission and add a cage

then buy a set of paddle tires for the snow and do hillclimbs
>>
You're a fucking moron, buy two vehicles. That is if you're even out of school yet.
>>
the only benefit to a dually is when you get the weight over the axles get a srw 3500 or 2500
>>
>op says he thinks its a stretch to ask for dually.
>everyone eviscerates him as if it was the only requirement
>>
>>14123871
Would this actually work?
>>
>>14124429
You're in an automotive enthusiast forum and you have to ask?
>>
>>14124881
Yes
>>
>>14122410
"We" don't have a mission to find a truck for you. Hopefully you go on a mission to Africa and don't come back.
>>
I dd a dually, drift it when it rains, hoon on it, I've offroaded with it, it's a 7.3 international with a banks turbo.

probably one of the most fun vehicles I've ever owned, and it gets 18 mpg. Nothing but total hilarity, but be wary - everyone that you talk to about it will be inconsolably perturbed. Be prepare to deal with a lot of "hyurr durr ur dum for liking thing"
>>
>>14128013
What sort of offroading have you done? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to poke fun or anything.
>>
>>14122410
faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 736x414px
it could have been worse.
>>
>>14128013
>everyone will be inconsolably perturbed
looks like were already there boss

also i get 16mpg in muh duallie
>>
File: powerstroke.jpg (296KB, 1776x1145px) Image search: [Google]
powerstroke.jpg
296KB, 1776x1145px
>>14123908
>Modern diesels
>Ever
>what is emissions delete
i dont think you understand how easy it is to make power out of a modern diesel
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.