[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously wondering what type of car I could afford. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1983-porsche-944-pic-26960.jpg (692KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1983-porsche-944-pic-26960.jpg
692KB, 1600x1200px
Seriously wondering what type of car I could afford. I'm really into the Porsche 944, but I also like other old cars like BMW's and Volvo 850R for example.

I'm a citizen of the Europoor provence named The Netherlands.

Currently:
Living: With parents
Bank: €62.200
Car: None
Net income: €1.750 (€2.150 gross)

Will I ever be able to afford my dream car, the Porsche 944? It doesn't make financial sense to buy one. I need around €185.000 for a tiny home, or better €200.000.

Currently the highest mortgage I can get is around €100.000, at least I think so, using the calculators on the internet.

Really wondering about your opinions and experiences.

(I'm not the fag in the picture)
>>
>>14118066
Literally me OP. Except I got 50k in the bank and a 40K car (AUD currency)

thinking of selling my car buying something much cheaper than buying a house and working hard to pay it off within 5-8 years
>>
Depends if you live in the city/ need a car

If you don't need one save up, or buy a shell if you can't wait
>>
>>14118081
OP here, what's a shell?
>>
>944s
>Live in Alaska
>944s are a dime a dozen here

Go to America and buy a restored one for less than $14,000
>>
>>14118076
Thanks for your advice, which says, don't buy, I guess. What car do you have?
>>
>>14118097
Same here in The Netherlands.. we're very close to Germany.
>>
But honestly OP buy it only if you have a car that already fulfills all your daily needs: like grocery shopping, commuting, hauling bulky items etc.
>>
>>14118135
Basically this. If you need a dd don't if not get one from germany unless you want a turbo or something.
>>
>>14118066
Do you really want a 944 in the Netherlands?
All the snow, and maintenance problems.

I'd say go for an E30 BMW or the Volvo 850R. Good choices.

How is your credit? Have you already built it up?
If not maybe you should take out a 1 year loan for the car before getting the mortgage. The money you spend on the loan for the car could end up being saved on the house mortgage over your 20-30 years or whatever it is.
>>
>>14118105
Eh wasn't advice I just thought we are in similar situation lol

and Toyota gt86
>>
>Dude makes 1.7 euros a year
>>
>>14118097
Only 1 for sale in Fairbanks and it's a rat.
If it's only the dynamic and not the cache of having an R the only difference was wheels, springs, Ecu and injectors. Any 850 turbo can become an R with a couple hundred bucks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.