[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be now >at Toyota dealership with dad. He's buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1449552159950.png (12KB, 402x248px) Image search: [Google]
1449552159950.png
12KB, 402x248px
>be now
>at Toyota dealership with dad. He's buying a new 4runner because his 94 shit the bed at 400k miles. Here just cause.
>sitting in waiting area
>super cuntry, oil field trash is here with his buddy (central Texas)
>says he's getting his Christmas present and that he leases a new Tundra every year around this time
>a new truck
>every
>fucking
>year

>mon visage
>>
>>14116888
>his 94 shit the bed at 400k miles
>400,000 miles

That car owes no favors to anyone.
>>
>>14116888
Gold mine employee here. lots of my co workers do the same, If youre single with no real bills and clear over 4k a month minimum its no biggie.
>>
>>14116888

I know lots of rich oil dicks that get new trucks every 2 years, Most of them don't even put full insurance on them either "meh I'll just buy a new truck next paycheque if I wreck this one"

Ford usually has a program here where they'll lease you a new truck every 2 years. Which is nice if you do a lot of miles and don't want to worry about maintenance.

Modern vehicles are like cell phones, easy to put together and designed to be disposable. There's no fucking way you'll get 400 000 miles over 21 years out of a modern truck.
>>
>Modern vehicles are like cell phones, easy to put together and designed to be disposable. There's no fucking way you'll get 400 000 miles over 21 years out of a modern truck.

Oh wow, that was said so well. It's true
>>
Leasing a truck is gay as fuck. Owning a truck just simply for commuting is also even gayer.
>>
>>14116942
unless you drive a diesel
then you can get 400,000 miles in about a third of the time
>>
>>14116959
You'd be surprised here in Texas. So many people drive trucks for commuting and use them maybe once a year for truck purposes.

I see moms, grandmas, teenage girls, etc... In jacked up trucks just cause.
>>
>>14116959
my dad needs a truck because fast cars don't carry tools
to compromise, he made his truck fast
>>
>>14117001
Its the same in nc too.
>so many lifted trucks.
>>
>>14116909
can you explain why it would be expensive?
how much can it cost, its a toyota it cant depreciate that much in a year.
assuming a low mileage trade in, whats it cost, $5k at most?
>>
>>14117001
Calgary here, same deal
Dumbass oil workers all have to have jacked-up brodozers to cruise around in while they're drunk and ducked on cocaine
>>
File: t1173700.jpg (5KB, 160x127px) Image search: [Google]
t1173700.jpg
5KB, 160x127px
>>14117069
sounds terrible. why do they live such shitty lives
>>
>>14117072
I do not know.
But now they're all out of a job, and realizing they've literally never saved any money. Should see how many quads are for sale secondhand right now
>>
>Leasing a truck
So you don't plan on using that truck?
>>
>>14117045
I didn't say it was overly expensive. those kind of workers just have money to blow
>>
>>14117084
good idea.
side by sides too
>>
>>14117090
>those kind of workers just think they have money to blow
ftfy
>>
>>14117069

I live in Victoria and a friend of mine moved out to Fox Creek, making six figures working in a camp. I make like $56k and live modestly but comfortable, very little debt and I always have cash in my pocket, drive a nice car, etc.

He pulls six figures but it always broke. A big part of it is his $700+ truck payment, not to mention booze, probably coke, and child support.

It seems like there's a ton of money to be made out there, but everyone is fucking stupid about it.
>>
>>14117084
Oh yea, same shit is happening in Texas. Opec fucked the north american oil industry in the ass.

The oil idiots don't understand that working in such a volatile market makes you completely expendable. When they spend all their money on trucks, lifts, cheap beer, hookers, and coke, then get fired, they wonder why they are in such a bad situation. All the trucks on sale lol

I have no sympathy for them.
>>
>>14117090
>>14117097

>those kind of workers just have money for blow
>>
>>14117086
No, they usually aren't actually used.
>>
>>14117108
I'm telling you. They are all jackasses.

They see a huge paycheck then just go fucking blow all of it not realizing people need money to survive.
>>
>>14117131

I guess if you live in a camp and all of your food and shelter is taken care of, it's easy to just piss it all away.

I'd slave away for a year and bank it all, but I've got a nice comfy position here in BC that I can't walk away from.
>>
>>14117141
No, it's more that these are the same brotruck douchebags you saw in highschool who thought they were hot shit, their stupidity catches up to them.
>>
this thread is turning into r9k
>>
>>14117111
i dont either. how these people can use their money so poorly is a mystery to me
i mean i dont make much, but i have no debt either. better off poor than owing tens of thousands in junk
>>
>>14116942

I'd argue a new 4Runner can and will reach 400k without any issues, in fact if I had to pick one new vehicle to stand the test of time, it'd be a 4Runner. No direct injection, a tried and tested 4.0L engine and 5spd Aisin automatic that's been around forever. Simple transfer case, simple and durable suspension front and rear. No real reason to worry about future electrical issues.
>>
>>14117186
My Tacoma has the exact same engine and transmission. I've had zero problems with it over 115k miles other than a gremlin with the door locks. Can't figure out why some won't respond when I press the lock button. Have to manually lock.
>>
>>14117186

400k over 5 years... Yeahhh that might be possible but 400k over 20+ years... Naw that's not going to happen, not when brand new cars on the lot already have rust holes forming.

Do you really think there's going to be 2016 4runners on the road in 2035?
>>
>>14117254
>when brand new cars on the lot already have rust holes forming

Things that didn't happen: the post
>>
File: 4RunnerFluidFilm.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4RunnerFluidFilm.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>14117254

>brand new cars on the lot already have rust holes forming

Pics or it didn't happen.

With modern galvanization and paint, I'd expect a new 4Runner to last just fine. Admittedly the sheetmetal on the newest ones is thinner than on the older ones like my '96, but overall I'd say corrosion should actually be less of a problem than it was in the past.

Pic related, the well preserved frame on my '96 4Runner.
>>
File: saltlick.jpg (350KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
saltlick.jpg
350KB, 1300x956px
>>14117274

Come to Alberta and see for yourself. I'm sure the Albertans on here would back me up. You can literally measure the rust holes and watch them grow week to week. I wish I had to make these things up but it's just the way things go here. It fucking sucks.

>>14117279

You clearly don't live in a rust prone area. ZERO cars here have underbodies that look like that pic. Road salt + 30 degree temperature swings + lack of maintenance = rust in brand new cars
>>
>>14117007
Your dad made a 94 4runner fast? How the fuq?
>>
>>14117332
im not op
it's an '01 f150
>>
File: 4RunnerSnow.jpg (177KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
4RunnerSnow.jpg
177KB, 2048x1536px
>>14117327

Okay, you said there are brand new cars. still on the lot, with perforations in sheet metal due to corrosion, I asked for any sort of evidence of this.

I absolutely do live in a rust prone area, admittedly not quite as serious as where you are but body rust is a big deal here. The reason that frame looks as good as it does is because it gets a fresh coat of fluid film lanolin undercoating sprayed on every fall.

OP's 4Runner made it to 400k and they are much more rust prone than later generations of 4Runners, including my third gen, particularly on the bodies themselves. Third gen (96-02) got galvanized steel body panels, 2nd gen (90-95) did not.
>>
>>14117327
What's w all the Edmontonfags on right now?
I'll ask you too, have you been to Sunshine Village? Thinking of coming up this winter to ski. How is Banff in winter?
>>
>>14117339
My bad, clover app blows dick
>>
>there are people that don't own their vehicles

Cucks.
>>
>>14117353
>you said there are brand new cars. still on the lot, with perforations in sheet metal due to corrosion, I asked for any sort of evidence of this.

I don't feel like going out and taking a picture that's why I said come and see for yourself, or just google "new car rust issues in Canada"

Your 4runner looks mint compared to most around here, though I don't want to know whats under those giant fender flares.

Even the current gen 4runners rust like a motherfucker here
>>
>>14117440
If you garage your car and keep the salt off you can easily prevent rust

I think a lot of people are tards that leave road salt on
>>
>>14116960
> modern epa raped diesels
> reliable
>>
>>14117440

There is absolutely nothing going on under the fender flares, I assure you. On these 4Runners, the chrome bumper corners will rust out before anything on the body itself, and mine are in great shape aside from some surface rust on the insides of said bumpers.

Still not seeing anything when I image search those terms, and I still don't believe that outlandish claim.
>>
>>14117452

You are correct sir. The "diesels are million mile motors bro" is an outdated idea in regards to the current generation of diesels in passenger cars for sale in the US. I'd put money on a regular 4 cylinder or V6 in a Camry outlasting a new VW TDI diesel given equivalent maintenance.
>>
File: Tdi clog.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tdi clog.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>14117504
pretty much. even the good tdi had egr issues
>>
File: 728003-miles-1024x768.jpg (32KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
728003-miles-1024x768.jpg
32KB, 1024x768px
>>14117504
>thinking im talking volkswagen
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.