[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who have friends: >do you ever charge for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1416712650796.png (99KB, 360x269px) Image search: [Google]
1416712650796.png
99KB, 360x269px
For those of you who have friends:

>do you ever charge for gas money?
>if so, when and why?
>>
If I'm gonna go somewhere and they want to ride along, then no I don't ask for gas money
If j have to go out of my way, picking them up or taking a friend who doesn't have a car someplace I wasn't going, then yes I do
Also if I'm low on gas and have no money then I see if anyone wants to invest in not pushing my car
>>
No. If I had a friend who never helped anyone else out and was always bumming rides I might consider it but as is we all help each other out here and there and that's all there is to it. I give a buddy a ride and don't charge him for gas. He orders a pizza later in the week and covers it on his own. And so forth.

Now, planning a long trip where everyone pitches in is a different story. But just around town and shit? Nah.
>>
>>14116641
I dont charge for gas money. Then again, all my friends have cars of their own. If we do drive somewhere together, usually someone else drives the next time so its not an issue
>>
Usually when my friend and I ride in each others cars we pay gas / food. Most of the time it ends up being food because we're just hanging out.

The longer the trip however, yes I would want to ask for money.
>>
No, unless we go a decent distance. Though even then i dont really charge but if i got to lug someone who im really friends with or my friend is bringing a +1 then yea i'll charge.
>>
>>14116692
Meant to write really not friends with
>>
>>14116641
Never, and they have never asked me for cash either
>>
Never ask for it. My friends offer it a lot, here's what I do in the scenario:
>here let me fill up your tank
nooooo, i can't take that
>come on man just take $10 at least
noooooo i shouldn't
>I insist
ok!
>>
>>14116641
Only if it's far as fuck.
>>
>>14116641
I take one of my friends to work every day and don't charge anything. Gas prices are cheap and I have an 09 accord, so its just time spent
>>
>>14116641
Never
Unless its a rediculously long trip, well over 100 km
>>
File: 1451058613002.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1451058613002.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
People who ask for gas money are worse than Hitler
People who ask for gas money when they were going there anyway are worse than Stalin
>>
>>14116641
>do you ever charge for gas money?
Yes.
>if so, when and why?
Taking a friend to the airport. I have to drive 20m to get to their house, 30m to the airport and then another 30-35m back home. Then also going and picking them up.

It's exponentially cheaper than them taking a taxi to and from or leaving their car at the airport.
>>
I never ask for gas money anymore. Back in highschool I would because not everyone would have cars, and often I'd be hanging with a buddy, they'd get a phone call, then "Hey anon can we go scoop up such and such 20 miles away"

In that situation yeah they were giving me a 5 spot. But If a friend just needs a lift home from a party or something in town, no big deal.
>>
>>14116641
Yes
Always
Because they're the ones too lazy/drunk to get a license and a car.
>>
>>14116641
I drive electric so no
>>
Well i have a single cab, usually i never drive unless its with my gf, so no.

But how it usually goes is we only pitch in for gas when we go on road trips. Otherwise its not too big of a deal when you live on an island.
>>
File: 1384803767962.jpg (431KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1384803767962.jpg
431KB, 1600x1200px
>>14116641
Only if i'm going out of my way. Otherwise no.
>>
>>14116641
I gave the bros some gas money for a 2+ hour ski trip

If you ask for cash for a 5 minute drive you're a scumbag honestly
>>
File: 20150709_173438.jpg (1014KB, 2397x1757px) Image search: [Google]
20150709_173438.jpg
1014KB, 2397x1757px
No, because it costs me $2 to go 40 miles.

I will accept money if it's offered, though.
>>
I don't charge unless the trip is over an hour and I get nothing out of it.Also If the trip was fun I don't charge.
>>
>>14116641

I ask for gas money only because my friends don't realize how often I drive them and get comfortable with the idea of not having to pay for transportation. I'm fine with giving them a ride every now and then, but every-time we go out they always rely on me since I'm the only one that has a car.

Not to mention it's really fucking annoying having to wait for people to come out and driving back and forth to pick up/drop off.
>>
>>14116864
>worse than Hitler
You say that like it is a bad thing...

Anyway, I haven't asked for gas money in years and years because I'm an adult. Back in HS, when I drove my Explorer and got 12mpg, we would go to skateparks all over the place so I'd make somebody roll a blunt, and then I would probably match them anyway. And the few times I asked for cash, I was probably broke as fuck because lol 20hrs a week at minumum wage.

I don't even think about a gas budget or expense anymore. My work is so close, as are most of the places I go outside of work. $20 every 2 weeks does the job. I'll grab my mom's Jeep some days and if it's low on gas, just fill it up. She probably hasn't been to a gas station herself in a couple months since she hasn't been working.
>>
>>14116641
no friends no problems
>>
Only if it's a long trip.

If it's just to get dinner or run to walmart (collegefag), then no.
>>
>>14117647
I also want to add, when I was younger I rarely asked for gas $$ anyway because:
1) I had the biggest and most comfy car of anybody
2) I actually enjoy driving, so I would always offer. I can't stand being in the passenger seat.
>>
>>14116864
shut the fuck up m8 i dont ask any mony for gas. i got enough gas maybe i give you SOME@@@!
>>
>>14116673
This right here. Unless it's like a long road trip, then everybody pays their fair share
>>
>>14116864
There are more countries than United States of Supercheap Gas in the world.
There are countries where you get one and a half litre of gas per hour of work.

I charge even my brother. I don't want to but I'm poor as fuck even for my country's standards, so I have to fill up somehow what needs money.
>>
i dont have friends
>>
>>14117704
U wouldnt have a car if u were relly pott
>>
If I'm going somewhere already, I don't need gas money
If we are all going some place together, I don't often ask for gas money, but might if I need gas or something.
If I'm going out of my way some ridiculous distance (>10 miles), I'll ask, but won't push it.
>>
File: 1436060893167.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1436060893167.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>>14116641
>For those of you who have friends
>>
Never. Even when I was a poor a
17 yr old apprentice I never asked. What's a few bucks between friends.
>>
All my friends have cars. If I ever have to give them a ride for whatever reason then they'll usually buy me lunch or something
>>
>>14117794
My car isn't roadworthy yet it's the only way to go the university.
>>
>>14116641
not usually, unless its a really far drive. I dont usually have them pay me cash, i usually just have them buy me some food or something
>>
Blow job, i dont care is im dropping off their grnadfather to the hospital. Better give a blow job
>>
>>14116662
This
>>
Never ask for gas money. If someone I'm not really friends with asks for a ride, fuck them I'm not really friends with them anyway, so no wasted gas. I'm pretty cool with mostly everyone though so they all get free rides. I also drive a shit heap mustang so lol@mpg, but if my friend is driving I always give well over what I should but they never ask because that's what good friends do. On the other hand if he just shows up he's not getting any money from me.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.