[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought an 07 Subaru Legacy GT with 108k miles on it, automatic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 00Y0Y_ipOEtwNMvvC_600x450.jpg (35KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
00Y0Y_ipOEtwNMvvC_600x450.jpg
35KB, 600x448px
Just bought an 07 Subaru Legacy GT with 108k miles on it, automatic because Pa died before i got my license and my mom hates me.

Tell me how bad I fucked up /o/!!!
>>
did you check it see if it had a coolant change
>>
>>14113256
no, how exactly do i check that? i only have a down payment with the guy right now, not picking it up until tuesday
>>
>boxer engine
not even once.
>>
Good for traction in snow, which is relevant right now. Automatic is convenient if you are in heavy traffic / are a new driver in snow. Overall good choice for snow driving but probably not the best for regular driving. I wish I had one personally, my manual 2nd gen tercel is annoying in inclement weather.
>>
Not bad at all.
>>
I don't get you, OP. Your pa died and I'm sorry for that but what does that has to do with your new car and your mom's hate towards you?
>>
>>14116551
ma don't fuck with those stick shifts so she never taught me how to use 'em
>>
>>14114289

>confirmed for never owning a Subaru

They're Toyota reliable if maintained properly and modified sensibly.

>but muh friend installed a boost T and an exhaust and a turbo and ran 20psi and the engine blew up
>>
Awesome car op. A liberty/legacy is more suited to an automatic as its quite a large car so its not like you'll be running the touge
>>
>>14117871
Yeah until the turbo nukes the center housing bearing and sends the shards through all the oil passages in the motor making it spin a bearing.

On that note OP, change the Turbo before exactly that happens. It's why you see A LOT of cheap Legacy GTs
>>
>>14113236
Awesome cars, I love them. Want to find myself the wagon version. Great sleepers and daily drivers.

One issue you need to research immediately. Turbo failure from oil starvation. There's a filter in the oil lines that feed the turbo which gets plugged up. If it gets plugged up the turbo can fail and debris can get sucked into the engine and cause big damage. This tends to occur after 90k miles. Real easy to fix, but you need to research it. Well documented on the LegacyGT forums.
>>
>>14117960
The turbo got replaced at 45,000, but i'll still check for it, thanks
>>
>>14114289
but they rev so smooth and have a low CoG
>>
>>14113236
How badly you fucked up has a lot to do with how much you paid.
>>
File: impala.jpg (147KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
147KB, 1200x799px
>>14113236
Should of gotten an Impala.
>>
>>
>>14117902
Don't listen to this idiot, just need to change the oil so the banjo filter don't get clogged and oil starve the turbo.
>>
>>14118790
$8,000
>>
>>14118823
no thanks it snows where I live
>>
>>14117902
OP don't worry, if that happens then me and the mad scientist will just have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried.
>>
>>14113236
My girlfriend's mom owns the wagon version. Very smooth and handles nicely.
>>
>>14113236

It's the best looking generation. And the last one that isn't crossover sized.
>>
Is it the four or six cylinder? Either way they use lot of fuel and aren't very fast, the price you pay for AWD.
>>
>turbo subaarooooooooo sedan pushing 280hp
>automatic

You fucked up senpai, but not too much, still could sell it once it's at 150k miles.
>>
File: 20151222_072948.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151222_072948.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Kawaii desu
>>
>>14113236
Slushbox is disappointing, but that's still a turbo scooby and you'll have fun with it
>>
>>14121406
Four Cylinder Turbo w/ 241 lb torque i'll be ok
>>
>>14121412
sort of plan on selling in 5 years after i graduate and get a job. it can be some other kids first car
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.