[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, merry Christmas! I've noticed starting today, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /o/, merry Christmas! I've noticed starting today, my 2003 Corolla makes a pronounced "hissing" noise when I accelerate, mostly between 2-2.5 RPM and moreso at the start of whatever gear it's on. After it changes to 2nd gear, for example I'll hear it, but after being well into 2nd gear, the noise goes away. Honestly not sure if it's some metal-on-metal sound, or the intake manifold. Anyone have an idea what it may be?
>>
Split vacuum hose? Get someone to rev it up and try and trace the sound. Is it still driving ok?
>>
>>14107494
Had a quick Google because I'm in a festive mood and found this.
http://www.corolland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23128-zzzzzing-noise-from-engine-bay/
>>
>>14107512
At the highest rev before a gear change, the dash and car itself do vibrate quite a bit. Not so much like a horribly off balance tire, but a short buzz.
>>14107524
Thanks for the link, it similarly describes the noise I've had, and hoping it's just that small part rather than something major. The oil can also be a factor too, I have no idea how long it's been on the dealer lot, and I have no idea if they used the proper %w-30 oil or 0-30 since most places love putting in a lighter oil than the engine specifies. I'll check it out this weekend hopefully.
>>
>>14107571
Could try an oil change first. Have you just bought it? If so I'd take it back.
>>
>>14107622
I purchased it a month ago, and the noise just started today actually.
>>
Could be an idler pulley, alternator, water pump etc.
>>
>>14107633
Any warranty? Not sure where you are but usually you have a certain period of time to return items that aren't fit for purpose, I don't think it's something massively serious but the dealer could be liable to sort it. At least over here in the uk.
>>
>>14107494

Those engines make all sorts of odd noises. I wouldn't worry about it unless you experience performance issues.
>>
>>14107494
>toyota
Just make sure it has oil and gas in it. Your toyota will take care of the rest.
>>
>>14107645
Actually, now that you mention it, the serp belt does seem to be old, and has cracks in it.
>>14107663
I live in the US, Jersey specifically. It's not certified pre-owned, btw, only used.
>>14107666
>>14107701
Haha, yeah. I went from an older toyota to what's here now, and even though it had horrible cv joints, a failing pinion gear, piss poor suspension, and black transmission oil & brake fluid, it ran fine for the two years/20k miles I've had it for, only "catastrophic" event I had was when one of the rear drum brake cylinders lost a seal and I lost a lot of braking power for a night.
Intake manifold on this one is plastic too, so it wouldn't be too much to replace if it's that, and even so, I know someone who could replace most of what's wrong and insist I don't pay him, or only pay him a couple hundred, including parts. Guy was gonna get me a junked transmission for a better diff and only have me pay the $250 for the part :'3
>>
File: ss (2015-09-23 at 01.00.16).jpg (24KB, 238x312px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-09-23 at 01.00.16).jpg
24KB, 238x312px
Hey, seems like I've got the answers I need, but I'll keep the tab open anyway. Merry Christmas, y'all! If you don't celebrate it, then enjoy your day off! Just have a good time, cheers.
>>
>>14107866
Man as someone who usually spends time on /b/ it makes a change to see someone being nice for a change. Merry Xmas.
>>
File: 1445778964185.jpg (143KB, 1280x819px) Image search: [Google]
1445778964185.jpg
143KB, 1280x819px
>>14107891
I'm running on one hour of sleep, and though I normally am heavy on the banter in calling people faggots and telling them to fuck off like a typical /o/ck, it's not hard to be hospitable when the feeling of respect is mutual throughout. Otherwise though, being how most people who use 4chan are either jaded or in an aggressively sociable mood, it's to be expected if a thread like this is flooded with "google it faggot" for the first few responses.
>>
>>14107927
People usually scream Google it because other than shit posting in auto v manual threads, a lot of people don't know a piston from seat belt.
>>
>>14107494
Corolla is perfect.
Your ears are unreliable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.