[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys i have a question about driving and i hope you can help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DSCF0781.jpg (121KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0781.jpg
121KB, 1280x960px
Hey guys i have a question about driving and i hope you can help me with it. I'm trying to get my driving licence and there is one thing that bothers me whenever i drive a car for practice.
When i change the gears, i have to hold the clutch, right? and then when i have changed the gear successfully from say 2nd to 3rd, i have to slowly take my foot off the clutch and gas at the same time, correct?
well my problem is, whenever i go through this process, my car starts to shake abit. like jumps a few times. its hard to explain but its not smooth movements. i want to change the gear smoothly but this always happens. Dont know what im doing wrong, im not taking my foot off the clutch very fast as i heard people telling me in fact, i do it very very slowly.
How can i do it without the car shaking?

sorry for such an amateur question, but i would really appreciate it if some of you guys would give me some tips.
thx
>>
>>14106286
>i have to slowly take my foot off the clutch and gas at the same time, correct?
No, that's only when you're starting from a stop, all you're doing is frying your clutch by slipping it excessively. You can dump the clutch after gear changes.
Jerking is probably because you let the revs fall way too far when shifting
>>
>>14106297
so wait do you mean that i can start gasing and let go of the clutch? wont i stall?
>>
>>14106286
>my car starts to shake abit
Need more gas.
>>
>getting a good answer from /o/
i've asked /o/ about shifting gears while accelerating and stopping
nobody has a clear and concise answer
i am fucking clueless i have no idea how to work this fucking stick shift
>>
>>14106308
Give it more gas. Hold your gas till your gauge says around 3k rpm. Start letting the clutch out and apply even more gas as you simultaneously release the clutch.
>>
>>14106286
>mfw europoors need 4 FUCKING PEDALS

how in the fuck do you operate on that
>>
>>14106286
Sound like you need more gas, or you are shifting too low in rpm. Either way, just keep practicing and you will get smoother with time
>>
It's all about rev matching, not how fast or slow you release the clutch.
Let's say you're in 3rd gear at 3k rpms and you want to shift into 4th gear. You're gonna want the rpms to drop to about 2k for 4th gear. So press in the clutch wait for rpms to start dropping, then let out clutch fast.
This is how you will get a smooth shift, same thing goes for downshifting but instead of waiting for rpms to drop you want to blip the throttle to raise rpms and then release the clutch.
It will all come to you with practice.
>>
>>14106286
You mean take your foot off the clutch and getting on the gas at the same time, right? It sounds like you're not on the gas enough.

>>14106452
That's a dead pedal (footrest) on the left.
>>
File: hehe.gif (892KB, 226x200px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.gif
892KB, 226x200px
>>14106452

>4 pedals
>being this autistic
>mfw
>>
>>14106452
>how in the fuck do you operate on that
it's called not being braindead
>>
>>14106286
practice

/thread
>>
>>14106425
>>14106286
Just float gears pussy
>>
If you're changing gears (not starting) you can let the clutch go quickly and give gas earlier. The higher the gear the quicker you let it out. At 3rd to 4th you shouldn't need any delay at all because the engine and transmission is at such high speed that the clutch gets sandwiched harder than your mother on blacked.

If your car jumps while shifting gears then your clutch or car is fucked in some way. It shouldn't happen.

Starting is a different story.
>>
>>14107462
Yeah that was my problem i though that you always had to bring the clutch up slowly. That fucking explains why i drive like shit.
>>
Try only pushing the clutch in halfway and then force the gear shift. It will be difficult but you need to apply as much force as necessary and shift up.

That will stop it from jumping.
>>
>>14106593
>>14107439
>>14107444
>such terrible bait yet you all still take it
>>
>>14107488
Also, start your car while in gear and push the gas down to the fucking floor.
>>
>>14107462
This. OP is simply taking too long to shift and his car is losing to much speed during his shifting process because he's overthinking it. This is pretty common when you're just starting out though.

Also, there's a huge difference between how you drive a little high revving manual versus a big loping manual. I learned on an Accord but now I have a Ram and a Fox. Big difference.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.