[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ what would be the faster car. - Lotus Elise sport wi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: スクリーンショット (7).png (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
スクリーンショット (7).png
313KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /o/ what would be the faster car.
- Lotus Elise sport with 134 HP
http://www.lotuscars.com/elise-sport#specs
-Hyundai Veloster turbo R-spec 201HP
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/veloster/specifications.aspx

would the extra power help the veloster even with its weakness (weight and FF layout); and is the veloster well rounded for its price range against the lotus?
>>
anyone holyshit
>>
>benchracing
>>
>>14103533
well i cant find any actual track racing comparison with the 2016
>>
>>14103467

Guessing you are talking about straight line.

Elise:
2000 pounds divided by 134HP. 14.9 pounds per HP.

Veloster:
2900 pounds divided by 201HP 14.4 pounds per HP.

I would still give it to the lotus, due to the lotus being a sports car, complete with sports car suspension and gearing and aerodynamics.

That being said, why the fuck are you asking? these cars are not even close to competitive, in any category. The Veloster is only slightly better than its predecessor, the Tiburon. Its not good at anything. You could do much better in this class for both performance and utility. (see fiesta ST).

If you want an autocross or canyon beater, you could do much worse than the Elise. That being said, its not very comfortable for a DD, it has less cargo space than a miata.

So I guess the question is, why do you ask?
>>
>>14103543
Jesus christ. Ok, track wise? elise is a TRACK FOCUSED CAR. The elise would kick a mud hole in the veloster.
>>
>>14103467
OP, come on, you're not implying that you've narrowed down your next purchase to these two cars, are you?
>>
>>14103573
>>14103578
I was wondering over the amount of power the veloster has. the veloster tops at 150mph. although yes the lotus is a very quick car for such a small engine but. maybe the veloster could compensate for its weight and drive train layout with its turbo. the engines are in these two cars are 1.6 4 cylinder engines. the 0-60 of the veloster is .8 seconds slower then the lotus as well. so I was wondering even at half the price is the turbo enough to keep up to the light weight fighter

>>14103593
no my mother bought me a N/A veloster for me to go to college without me knowing. I asked for a old miata so I could learn how to work on cars. at the moment I'm driving a Nissan frontier with a v6 I'm not sure if lowering the truck an inch and placing a swaybar would be a better option than the veloster though
>>
>>14104075
Wait so are you planning on putting an aftermarket turbo on your veloster and then racing lotuses?
>>
>>14103467
OP, are you the guy who bought NA veloster and praised it as being the best car... in the world?
>>
oh lawdy
>>
OP don't waste your time trying to turn something into what it's not unless you are

Talented
Patient
Wealthy

You don't seem to be any of those so please reconsider your shitbox goals because you sound incredibly naive.
>>
>>14104075
short answer, not around a track. The veloster is designed as a FWD economy car. You would have to drop serious money to make it corner like a lotus, if you even could. Keep the veloster perfectly stock, drive it as a boring get you there car. Save money, buy a miata, put your energy there. As someone who owned a tiburon that just broke my heart, I do have experience in this.
>>
>>14104090
if I had the money I have to do so much to an n/a and I don't have any mech skills although I would be OK with putting a super charger if that is less work/money. but that's not a reality for me. especially with a warranty.

>>14104092
it's just what I have. I would of preferred a miata or an s chassis even a Genesis coupe if it had to be a hyundai

>>14104094
have mercy lawd

>>14104114
I'm patient. I just don't know about cars or what a dohc does or what double wishbone suspension does

>>14105464
feels. what car do you drive now. ill hopefully get a miata soon.

wait how good would an ecobost engine be in a veloster now that I think of it.
>>
>>14103467
134hp Elise.

The Veloster is a huge piece of dogshit that looks somewhat appealing(from one side) to kids, the Lotus is an actual sports car.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.