[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me this isn't a Golden Age for Cars. >low gas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
Prove to me this isn't a Golden Age for Cars.

>low gas prices
>cheap used sports cars
>cheap used cars in general
>loads of new performance models
>new cars are objectively better than ever

pic semi related
>>
It will be a short lived one though since all the new ones have fucking gunslit windows and are harder to modify.
>>
It is, but it's going to come to a screeching halt around 2020 when v8's are starting to get phased out, Muh feelings car safety legislation becomes rampant, and self driving cars start becoming more common. I don't think there will ever be a high point in automotive history than this decade.
>>
With the direction cars are going in, its looking more and more like Mazda is our only hope, what with the miata and hopefully vision
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (21KB, 503x480px)
no fun allowed.jpg
21KB, 503x480px
>>14102728
Holy fuck. We have more regulations than ever, gas is more expensive vs. the minimum wage than it's ever been, and there isn't even any rivalry between auto makers since dodge is the only one putting out anything worth a fuck.
>>
>>14102842
>dodge is the only one putting out anything worth a fuck.

Were you dropped on your head or something as a child?
>>
>>14102842

>Dodge is the only one putting out anything worth a fuck

uh
>>
Just testing to see if telling you faggots to go to (2*2*2)chan /o/ is a bannable offense
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 800x591px
>>14102728
Yep, you could buy a new 2002 base z28 for 19k.
I bought my new 01SS for 25k.
>>
>>14102844
>>14102853
>what is the hellcat charger and challenger?

You niggers dumb or something? I'm not even a dodge fanboy but the shit they put out now beats the shit out of chevy and ford for the price.

Don't even bother bringing up jewbaru or mitjewbishi. They won't do shit in a drag race compared to the hellcats. Maybe they could compete if they were modded and the hellcat was stock, but otherwise, no.
>>
>>14102842
>Holy fuck. We have more regulations than ever, gas is more expensive vs. the minimum wage than it's ever been
+1
>>
>>14102842
>more regulations

Unfortunately so, but we also have more ways of getting around those regulations than ever

>gas is more expensive vs the minimum wage

lol minimum wage who gives a shit? Minimum wage is meant to get you started long enough you find a real job, you aren't supposed to live on it forever you stupid shit.

>no rivalry

It's definitely subdued compared to the 50's and 60's but it's a lot stronger now than it's been in decades

>dodge is the only one putting out anything worth a fuck

More like Dodge is only putting out one or two things worth a fuck. If all their cars could be as good as their commercials for their flagship cars are they would be in great shape.
>>
>>14102863
/o/ is a slow forum on forch. on fulIchan its a dead forum. not a big enough community to support both and there's not a good reason to migrate
>>
>>14102877
My point behind that post was that someone who was my dad's age could have got probably 4 or 5 gallons of gas for working an hour for minimum wage. Assuming you go by the federal minimum wage, you're talking about $7.25 an hour, which translates to roughly 3 1/2 gallons at the roughly $2 a gallon I've been paying recently. That said, this cheap gas won't last. I'm sure by summer next year gas prices will probably end up around $5 a gallon unless we end up in a full blown civil war due to an economic recession worse than what we saw in 2008.
>>
>>14102728
the real golden age is in a few years
when cars drive themselves
>>
File: 1353812805160.gif (525KB, 240x176px)
1353812805160.gif
525KB, 240x176px
>>14102873
>2002 base z28 for 19k.
>I bought my new 01SS for 25k
you seriously over payed

i would of baught a nice C5 for that money

love my z28 but a nigger stole it right out of my workplace parking lot and apparently their easy to steal now so good luck.
>>
>>14102914
agreed

but they'll keep the bubble going as long as they can f am
>>
the 90s were the golden age m8
>>
>>14102895
>lol minimum wage who gives a shit? Minimum wage is meant to get you started long enough you find a real job, you aren't supposed to live on it forever you stupid shit.
>you stupid shit

Listen here, nigger. It was a means of comparing what a dollar was worth then, vs. what it's worth now. If your silly little nigger brain can comprehend such concepts, it's not about whether minimum wage is meant to live on, you ignorant nigger cunt. Also, see >>14102914

>>14102897
>not a big enough community to support both and there's not a good reason to migrate

Well there isn't the tripfaggots and there usually seems to be more intelligent conversation.

>>14102934
baka desu senpai
>>
>>14102943
>baka desu senpai

dat wordfilter

Obviously /int*/ has made their way here.
>>
>Weight

You can add all the power you want, but a 3500lbs car will never feel as good as a <2500 one
>>
>>14102963
>mfw a heavy as fuck electric btfo sports cars
weight doesn't mean jackshit
>>
>>14102728

if you live in the first world ;~;
>>
>>14102728

>low gas prices
Kinda.
>cheap used sports cars
Nope, way more expensive than ever before.
>cheap used cars in general
Nope way more expensive than ever before.
>loads of new performance models
Not really, and they're all built for the top 10% at best. So that doesn't mean anything to most of us.
>new cars are objectively better than ever
No they're not.
>>
>>14102842
>gas vs minimum wage
>at its peak
Nigga do you not remember 3 or 4 dollars per gallon and 7.25 an hour? Now it's like 8, 8.something, or even higher per hour and gas is under 2 dollars.
>>
>>14103167
>Nigga do you not remember 3 or 4 dollars per gallon and 7.25 an hour?

I do. Gas isn't as high as it was a few years back when minimum wage wouldn't get you 2 gallons of gas, but historically, when you factor in inflation, gas is high as fuck.
>>
>>14102876
>drag racing is the only racing
>dodge beats everyone
Kek
>>
>>14103242

Not like most people can go around a track fast (not in the US anyway) without crashing and burning. which is why drag racing is the most common and Supras are hyped up so much even though most modern cars would crush it on any given track.

Get what your saying though.
>>
>>14102842
>dodge
wtf
>>
>>14103233
It's not reasonable to factor in inflation this way, it'd lead you to deceptive statistics. It's a unit cost per gallon versus median hourly wage sort of thing, year by year.

By your reasoning, the fact that factoring in inflation will make potatoes seem extremely expensive versus historical prices is omething to write home about. You forget to factor in the increasing cost of living, which has been the real story of the past fifty years, rather than inflation by itself.
>>
this is the worst time for cars.
my example? This board.
>>
>>14102876
This is a pretty bad shitpost m8
>>
>>14103099
>it's wrong because I say so
>>
>>14102728
>low gas prices

What fucking planet do you live on?
>>
>>14103489
Depends, which one are you on?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.