[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay lads, I know a great way to make a profit, but I need t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

Okay lads, I know a great way to make a profit, but I need to know how successful I would be.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DOT-Approved-Four-Doors-Electric-Car_707971630.html

I want to sell these in the Toronto area after importing them, but I need to know if people would buy it and what the laws and restrictions are for selling imported vehicles.

Ontariofags and all help me out.
>>
why does the bottom pic not look the same kind of car as the top one
>>
File: 1419858667698-2.jpg (9KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
1419858667698-2.jpg
9KB, 235x214px
>>14099964
Try harder
>>14099974
>purchasing chink fakes of fakes
>from alibaba
>why is picture different
>>
>>14099974
http://chinaevs.en.alibaba.com/product/704883777-0/LHD_Or_RHD_New_Model_DOT_Electric_Car_with_10KW_motor.html

Wrong listing
>>
Interior
>>
>>14100008
Why does an electric car have a 5 speed?
>>
>>14100028
Motor must be shit-tier
>>
>>14100008
Multi speed trans and a tach.

It's a trap.
>>
>>14100008
>>14099964
>>14099999
this kind of shit makes me want to vomit
>>
>>14100077
I'm trying to appeal to "It's just a car" and "Electric vehicle credits, wow!" people
>>
>>14100008
Why does it have a rev counter that is clearly for a gasoline engine? Or better yet, why does it have a rev counter at all?
>>
>>14100074
It's prob a petrol.
What the fuck is Alibaba?
>>
First why the fuck would you be buying cars over the internet, specially tier shit sites as ali baba. Second think about import costs, taxes and inspections it wouldnt be profitable at all. better off going to auctions a d buying cars there really
>>
>>14100114
its selling heavy things which are shit
>>
>>14100114
Wholesale site

http://chinaevs.en.alibaba.com/product/706623788-0/EEC_And_DOT_Approved_Electric_Car_With_20KW_Peak_Power_And_110Km_H_Max_Speed.html
>>
Electric cars can have transmissions and tachometers. Electric motors are not "ZOMGINSTANTTORQUE" miracle devices like teslafags like to believe, they have a powerband much like an ICE, the transmission helps keep the motor in the most efficient rev range. Plus with a motor that small it's probably way faster with gears as apposed to a fixed gear drive.

I'm pretty sure they modify a gas version of this car and don't bother taking the tach out and use it to read motor speed instead.
>>
>>14100213
This
>>
26 hp. that's worse than a Smart.
>>
>>14100506
26hp in ev terms is like 80hp in ice terms. same as pretty much all sub compact shitter cars.
>>
>>14100213
>Electric motors are not "ZOMGINSTANTTORQUE"
but they are?
>>
>>14100667
Not shitty ones like OP's listing, the motor has very little copper probably to save cost, and cannot handle burst currents like the Tesla.
>>
>>14100580
How the hell does that work?
>>
>>14100685
doesnt matter how big the winding are. electric motors make peak torque at 0rpm.
>>
>>14100702
Not going to accelerate very fast though with that power.
>>
File: torquecurve.png (30KB, 470x245px) Image search: [Google]
torquecurve.png
30KB, 470x245px
>>14100667

DC motors pull max current at 0 rpm but they'll still make max torque once they get spinning. AC induction motors like the Tesla uses have relatively little torque at 0 rpm compared to a DC motor. They get that "dyno breaking torque" from the extremely low gearing.
>>
>>14100008
>manuel
>two pedals
>>
>>14099964
How much would you pay per unit OP?
>>
>>14101987
$8,500-9,000 US
>>
>>14101956
Third one is mostly obscured, but you can see a bit.
>>
>>14102189
I don't think it's worth it then. If it's $9000 USD, then that's $12500 CAD. You'll pay $1500 in taxes and duties, and pay something like say $1000 for shipping (it really depends). That brings you up to $15000 per car in your own costs. I just don't think you would be able to sell them that efficiently unless you can get media presence cheaply and you have no inventory.
An imiev starts at $28,000, and you might be able to convince people over to your side by undercutting them by $10000 or so, but when you start looking at things like the prius c, which starts at $21500, you are going to be making a very hard sell. You will have to convince people to buy a car that is essentially unserviceable made by a manufacturer no one has heard of and from a tiny unheard of company.
If you run with no inventory and just work as a broker and advertiser you might be able to swing it, but you need to know that you aren't going to be liable. When something goes wrong with those cars, the customers will come to you not the Chinese company.
>>
>>14102331
I'll have to ask the company about the manuals for this vehicle, see if it is servicable.

It also seems I'll have to import case by case.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-1351.htm

Sounds risky, but I'll think about it.
>>
File: trike.jpg (184KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
trike.jpg
184KB, 640x512px
>>14099964
These have been imported to the US, so custom hurdles have been past.

More EV"S from moonspeakland...
http://www.carnewschina.com/category/green-news/
>>
I fucking want one just for LULZ and see how crap it really is
>>
>>14105201
You live in the GTA?
>>
>>14106096
the WHAT??
>>
File: Toronto_Skyline.jpg (132KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Toronto_Skyline.jpg
132KB, 1024x683px
>>14106123
Greater Toronto Area
>>
>DOT approved
Surely they don't mean safety wise
>>
>>14106227
unfortunately not. i live in the yuropoors and importing such a vehicle from tchina would be really difficult
>>
>>14099964
If ypu don't already have experience importing cars, don't bother
>>
I think you'd make more money importing them to use for car football like on Top Gear.
>>
>>14099964
Also, while the listing says "DOT approved" that doesn't mean anything coming from China. The ones they built last week may have been compliant with the standard, but there's every chance they switched headlight suppliers since then (to save 2 cents in a dollar) and your cars will go in for inspection with no standard marking on any of the lights and you'll be stuck spending thousands getting new headlights made or retrofitting some other shit. Source: I work on cheap Chinese busses all day, there is no end of problems with them normally caused by the manufacturer having no clue or by cutting corners at every turn. The last 6 we imported didn't even have the wheel nuts torqued on them and the wheels all fell off their first day on the road.
>>
>>14106789
What brand?
>>
many anons have been lol over this but NZ and australia have had chinese built cars for a few years now.

google great wall motors and geely, mahindra(indian made) cheaper to buy than all the other cars on the market currently. plus if you do want to import a car for commercial purposes expect crash testing, and emmissions testing (for a EV their arent any) beleive it or not the safety aspect is comming up in leaps and bounds over what chinese cars used to be like. engine wise great wall is just recycling mitubishi engines. forget trying to import 1 car and sell it car by car its not finantially viable in the long term you would be better off buying into a franchise of a existing manufacturer, they make the cars and advertising all you have to do is sell the car.
>>
>>14107166
This, Chinese cars are for people who want to just get the work done. If they want a C-class they can go get one, but Chinese cars are where the real economy models are at.
>>
>buying anything that relies on a battery to function from China

I could understand if it was some chinese known company like Xiaomi but I wouldn't trust some no name shit to function as intended from China.
You'll probably get sued when it goes up in flames or they need a recharge after 10 miles.
>>
>>14107166 most foton dealers dropped the brand after their Chinese built cummins motors ran all their bottom end bearings because their cranks were never machined right. They had a bunch of other shit fall apart on them too
>>
>>14107041
BCI which I think is built by Xiamen business bus co. They are better than the Zonda and dong-feng busses i have worked on, but still a joke. The only thing I like about them is the job security they give me. Il never be out of the job as long as we keep buying BCI, because they can't go a week without breaking down
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.