[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 2015 > So many sources of standalone management >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: mstune1.jpg (272KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
mstune1.jpg
272KB, 1040x780px
> 2015
> So many sources of standalone management
> From cheap to expensive

So, why aren't you running one?
>>
I am. ms2
>>
>>14098519
also a howell on my jeep
>>
>>14098519
Neat. What car and setup?

I'm currently running
>E36 1.6 (m40b16) at 7psi with ms1
>MX6 FE3 (stock 2.0 engine) with TD04-16t at 10psi with ms1
>MS'd a friends MX6 with KLZE (2.5 v6 10:1) swap and reground cams (ms1 running hr code)
>>
>>14098530
bmw 2002 at 10lbs on the stock m10 w/ td04 and crank fire ignition
ms for life. ms3x is as full featured as any high dollar haltech unit or w/e
im mad that i paid for a howell system on my jeep, but that was years before
>>
>>14098546
Love the heritage of the m10's. What power you putting out?

Yes ms3 is really up there, BUT, you really need quite the modern engine for it to be worth it, instead of the ms2.
I still havent found any use for leaving my precious ms1, 3 cars running atm, and had 2 more before that also ms1.
Hi-res code and the injector resolution is really neat.

I'm doing all sorts of stuff on my ms1's still, boost control, idle control, intake-manifold-flapper control (x2 in the mazda v6), fan control.

Hell, i even have atleast one spare output on every single on of the installs. Dont wanna spend more, when im still getting what i need out if it :)

Regarding reliability on the ms's, never had a hiccup either. My 5 year old ms1 v2.2 box is now running the bmw engine, starts every time :)
>>
>>14098501
>>14098519
>running MegaScrap
>2015
>>
>>14098501
Adaptronic is pretty dank
>>
No need on a stock volvo, got the oem R tune from Ard and some reman R injectors. Total cost $300
>>
>>14100115
Its fine for the price point.
A little basic, but works well enough.
>>
>>14098501
>why aren't you running one?
In my state it's a crime unless the car is 1975 or earlier.
>>
>Driving a modern car that comes from the factory with widebands and is easily tunable.

Why bother op?
>>
>>14100215
It's a federal crime as well. Most states don't enforce that kind of stuff
>>
Looking at running Mega Squirt 3 on my LSx swap. For $1,200 you can get the ECU and stripped down harness. It's a great deal and if you get in over your head somehow the local shop has a guy that can rain man any LSx engine by hearing it run for 10 seconds.
>>
>>14100246
u know u can just use the stock $100 LSx ECU right?
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD
ITS LIKE I WANDERED INTO A MILITARY THREAD ON /K/
>>
MS2 on the Miata.
I plan to hook up my L-Jet M90 in the 635CSi to an MS2 and use wasted spark to ditch the distributor.
>>
>>14101886

ECUs. Engine Control Units motherfucker. Go search for Haltech or MegaSquirt or Motec.
>>
>>14101879

I could, but the engine I bought didn't come with an ECU or harness. I'd be buying the harness anyway so for $1,200 I can get a specially made harness and standalone ECU that will be very easy to tune and less than most aftermarket harnesses or ECUs by alone without the other. I'm running a turbo as well so the MS3 will be very nice.
>>
>>14100115
And what do you base that statement on?

OEM drivability as well from my 150$ ECU.

>But larger ve maps and ignition maps
I can't feel the difference, neither in power or drivability, if both managements has been well tuned. But yea, go ahead and spend 5-10x more if you please :)

Regarding the legality of it, if it requires obd testing, then you'd have to spend more on the computer. The haltechs for instance offer OBD port :)

If its just a smogtest without obd check, megasquirt does the job just fine
>>
>>14100215
>>14100239
What.

America literally outlaws the use of aftermarket ECU's? That's pathetic and hilarious.

I'm currently running a link g4+
>>
>>14100230
Living in a country with such high car import taxes, where car prices are the 2nd most expensive out of all the other countries makes newer cars too expensive to tamper with.

#Denmark
>>
>>14104122
Ms3 also allows obd diagnostics.
Well, I believe they do enough to pass usa mot tests.

Can you tune the ls what's it ecu thingy yourself?
I wouldn't want to pay anyone to tune my engine, or lease a software key etc.

The diy aspect of ms product is the definition of hobby.
Getting someone else to do all the work is the anti hobby.
>>
>>14104134
no, you can do whatever you want. Only the more stricter states require you have an OBD interface and working CEL if the car originally came with them(which is fucking retarded, but whatever).

but they only check every 2 years.. so.. you could wire your loom in a way that makes it easy to switch back.
>>
>>14104179
Well, as i've learned now, even the latest megasquirt has obd readout.

But in denmark, tampering with an approved ECU tune, like tuning the stock ecu with a non-approved calibration, or swapping ecu is not allowed.

But - they never check stuff like that, only emissions, so by that we're sort of lucky
>>
find me a good standalone for an rb25det s1 and ill buy it
>inb4 AEM or powerfc
>>
>>14102154
my car came with a computer inside it
does that count
>>
>>14098501
I like reliability.
>>
>>14107069
Power FC is fine if you don't need a two step.

Sure its 30 year old tech but its plug and play.

Have to have a datalogit tho. useless without one.

I'm probably biased cause thats what i run on my rx7s but eh. 500 bucks is alot cheaper than whatever aem has.
>>
>>14107069
Why not nistune? If you aren't going nistune boards go a haltech.
>>
Anyone in here use HP Tuners? How is it?
>>
Because my performance car has no computer controls
>>
>>14108836
So pretty much what you're saying is it's worse in every way when compared to a fuel injected car.
>>
File: 110-450x326.jpg (47KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
110-450x326.jpg
47KB, 450x326px
My boosted miata is running on megasquirt PnP2. It's pretty good, this was my learner's car and it just easy to use. I like it.
>>
>>14108869
It's decent as long as you have a base map to start with imo.

Seems like a fairly popular choice for boosted miatas.
>>
>>14104218
It's still illegal to have an aftermarket ECU reporting ODB codes and readiness. It has to be OEM approved by the state. You could probably get away with it if your ecu looks OEM, but it's still illegal since all the codes could be easily faked. Which I'm sure people do fake them.

It's such a stupid fucking pointless law since even OEM ecus can be remapped now.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.