[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bought a used car >it smells stale/a little dank Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 12

File: bq6WE3W.png (223KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bq6WE3W.png
223KB, 500x375px
>bought a used car
>it smells stale/a little dank

Not like anything in particular, but it's not pleasant either. How do I get it out, /o/?
>>
File: freshnesss.jpg (233KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
freshnesss.jpg
233KB, 900x900px
>>
>>14085518

It's probably fecal matter in the seats.

Steam clean them
>>
>>14085518
Clean the car
>>
File: 082W543863110001-1.jpg (62KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
082W543863110001-1.jpg
62KB, 1000x1000px
>>14085522
please.
>>
File: god_tier_freshness.jpg (209KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
god_tier_freshness.jpg
209KB, 900x900px
>>14085522
>>14085539

bitch, please
>>
File: VOODOO.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
VOODOO.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>14085522
>>14085539
That's some bad juju
>>
File: VanillaPride.jpg (54KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
VanillaPride.jpg
54KB, 600x400px
>>14085555
>not vanilla pride

Nice quads but nawww
>>
>>14085566
>tfw thought it was a shop then looked it up
>>
replace cabin air filter

located behind your glove box
>>
File: ApplyingDressingInteriors008.jpg (64KB, 700x477px) Image search: [Google]
ApplyingDressingInteriors008.jpg
64KB, 700x477px
>>14085518
1/2

Clean out your car and vacuum it. Wipe down all the surfaces with a mixture of simple green and water, I recommend around 1/4 concentrate 3/4 water. Avoid any clear lexan/plastic surfaces like your stereo, gear select, instrument panel and rear view mirror, as all purpose cleaners will destroy/haze the clear surfaces. Buy a bag of towels at costco for 15 bucks, the yellow microfiber ones. If you don't have a costco, figure it out. Get one kinda wet with the solution and wring it out before wiping down the surfaces. Use some elbow grease. Spray as you need to keep towel medium wet. Use dry towel to remove all excess after your passes.

Buy a bottle of interior dressing. Water based is the best, look it up in the forums. lots of good brands out there. Buy a normal dish sponge without the scotchbrite, or an actual application foam/sponge thing at the auto store if you want to spend extra money, apply the liquid directly to the sponge and squeeze it until its liberally wet. If it comes in a bottle, spray DIRECTLY into the sponge or else youll be chasing beads of this shit all over your car. Start applying to the top of your dashboard and then the rest of your plastic and vinyl surfaces, avoiding the clear plastics. Let it sit for a good while. Wipe off all excess with those towels you bought, and I mean all of it. The satin finish will look professional and people will ask where you got it done.
>>
File: nozzle_tool.jpg (7KB, 302x355px) Image search: [Google]
nozzle_tool.jpg
7KB, 302x355px
>>14085518
>>14085835
2/2

Pull out your floor mats and throw them on your driveway. Take a hose to them. Use the clear simple green solution I talk about in the next paragraph. Spray right on the mats. Brush them down. Hose them again. More spray, brush them down, hose one more time. Take a WET/DRY vacuum and start vacuuming out the water slowly using a nozzle tool in pic related. It amplifies the suction and youll begin to understand how it works as you move along. Try finding a table to work on for this, it helps.

Get your interior carpet damp with a spray bottle and CLEAR, NOT GREEN simple green, or carpet cleaner solution if you can afford it, read the instructions on dilutions of carpet cleaner so you dont ruin your carpet, brush it a bit with a very light bristle brush, start your vacuum and blanket the carpet with a few more sprays of the solution, take your vacuum and extract every last drop of water/dirt, muck.

Do it again, only this time with only water in the spray bottle, no cleaning solution, but spray right in front of the nozzle as you make your slow passes. This should take you about an hour to complete, so plan ahead.

Lightly spray down your seats with the solution if they are fabric, and I mean very lightly. Use one or towels or a terry cloth to wipe them down first. Then vacuum.

Once done, grab a couple of fans if you own any, put them on the seats and point at carpet and one toward the back fo the car to keep the air moving. Crack your windows about 2 inches and close the door. Let carpet dry for at least 3 hours.

Come back, take some odor removal spray and lightly blanket your carpet with the stuff, turn on fans, turn on AC fan, few more sprays, keep driver door cocked open with something so you dont lock yourself out, and close your doors with the windows all the way up. Leave it like this for 5 to 10 minutes.

Come back, remove fans, apply black ice tree. Your car interior is now professionally detailed.

>giving real advice on o
>>
File: i_am_death.png (712KB, 492x720px) Image search: [Google]
i_am_death.png
712KB, 492x720px
>>14085906
>>
>>14085894
Nice one bruh
>>
>>14086134
thx bruh
>>
>>14085518
The cabin air filter has probably never been changed in the entirety of that cars life
>>
>>14085835
>>14085894
Thanks Ex, looks like I finally have Friday plans ;_;

>>14085692
>>14086464
According to Google, my car doesn't have a cabin air filter. It's a 92 Toyota Celica GT
>>
>>14085518
>clean EVERYTHING on the inside thoroughly.
>check for rotten meat and used condoms under all seats
>wipe EVERYTHING down with vinegar, salt water, and/or alcohol
>clean it again to prevent rust
>get a blue Febreeze air freshener

source: bought a smoker's car which I couldn't drive for more than 30 minutes without getting dizzyness and headaches when I got it.
>>
>>14085835
One question, wtf is simple green? I am australia and my car is the smell bad. Help
>>
File: 1418923675237.jpg (49KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
1418923675237.jpg
49KB, 640x801px
>buy car from indian/paki 3 months ago
>still smells like curry
>>
>>14087627
it's a detergent that cleans absolutely everything and smells like pine needles.
if you take any "all surface" cleaning product, it'll be fine.
>>
>>14087636
Mad, that's easy then.

I came to browse shitposts and found real actual advice. I am suitably impressed.
>>
everything i drive smells dank.
for various reasons.

worst/creepiest smelling car that got passed through the senpai was my moms ex-hearse caprice that continued to reek of (although ever so mildly) embalming shit / death for several months after purchase despite having been properly clensed couple of times.
problem was eventually solved by replacing the carpeting/upholstery in the back completely.
>>
>>14087674
>problem was eventually solved by replacing the carpeting/upholstery in the back completely.
that should have been the first step, and budgetted into the purchase of a fucking hearse.
>>
>>14087662
not everyone's Australian

:^)
>>
>>14085894
>apply black ice tree

this is key.

Your previous steps will be for naught if you don't do this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.