[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay guys this is for those with a japanese car that's 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 27

File: odometer.jpg (261KB, 1168x876px) Image search: [Google]
odometer.jpg
261KB, 1168x876px
okay guys this is for those with a japanese car that's 10 years or older and has more than 100,000 miles or 160,934 kilometers

i need you to get in this thread and answer these questions...these are double spaced and ungreentexted so you can just highlight and click the post number to reply and answer (in clover, choose quote text and delete everything except for the questions)

if you have more than one qualifying car then paste another copy of the questions and answer for the next car until you have them all entered (multiple posts are ok if you reach character limit)

[questions]
what is the model year?

what is the approximate odometer reading?

what is the current mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car?

when did you buy the car?

what odometer reading did you buy the car at?

what was the mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it?

how much longer do you expect the car to last?

how many more miles do you expect the car to last?

do you still enjoy the car?

is the car giving you problems?
[/questions]

if you aren't going to answer these questions then don't post in this thread.....except for the occasional bump

this thread needs to be as neat as possible so i can easily overlook the data
>>
>>14080121
>this thread needs to be as neat as possible so i can easily overlook the data
> i'm too fucking lazy to do my own research, so i'll just follow what 4chan says

Get out you faggot.
>>
>>14080121
1990 Celica GTS
422,XXX
Interior is mint minus the CD player not working
Exterior is starting to rust where previous owner hit something.
Bought it in 2010
Had 350,000 when i got it
MINT/Not rusting where previous damage was.
The car should run as long as it gets oil changes i think... Or if i kill the clutch by being hilarious.
ORIGINAL CLUTCH/TRANS/Engine.
Love the car.
Only problem i have is that you can tell the tranny has been owned by highschoolers. Including myself, but the car has never let me down. Slight grind going into 2nd and 3rd.
>>
>>14080138
in KM not miles btw.
>>
>>14080121
[questions]
what is the model year?
Honda Civic 1.4i shitbox 1999, silver colour

2750000km
what is the current mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car?
Exterior, rear bumper/wheel arches rusted slightly, repaired once few years back
surface rust in rear hatch. due to paint scrapes and rust in window wipers also (This is Finland, so salt in freeways everywhere)
Some bumps due to shitty previous drivers
Inside, pretty much only worn a bit. Still original. Only the ignition lock is worn so much that I can pull the keys when I'm driving...

I swapped both the front pads and rotors and left front brakes entirely due to wear. Also had to buy new tires as old ones were 6 years old.
No smoke from exhaust
Engine works normally, quite perky for an old car. 6l/100km
Clutch slightly worn , gears too, sometimes hard to engage 2nd and reverse.

this summer, 1000€ , my "One Ton Bomb" I needed as a second car for commuting. Been driving for ~4-5000km since.

see above

what was the mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it?
see above

few years easily with basic maint. It was so cheap that a need for extensive repairs will lead to scrap yard.

probably easily 100000 (read the Interweb, civics are reliable generally) but the risk for repairs more expensive than the car itself rises as km-s go by.
actually it's FAR more fun to drive than my newer 2006 Punto shitbox. Felt like a gokart when I first tried it. Still, not a sportscar but makes me bit sad they don't do this small and low hatchbacks anymore (other than sportier cars like Scirocco etc.).
[/questions]
>>
>>14080190
and no problems other than listed above
>>
>>14080121
One minor dent, 1qt every 1k since 116k
Forever
Yea
Just the oil drinking but I can just buy a new shortblock
>>
>>14080121
1999 Nissan Maxima A32
217900km
Cosmetic: Near perfect, flaking paint on wing, minor scratches that are hardly noticeable. Mechanical: Intermittent misfire that has been troubling to diagnose, loose timing chain as well
One year ago, July or so 2014
207000km
Identical but mechanically it seemed better
Quite a bit longer, much longer if the misfiring can be fixed
Hopefully up to 300000km but I plan on upgrading sooner
The car is a pleasure to drive other than the mechanical issues which make it frustrating.
See above for what and why
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
2001 Toyota Prius

>what is the approximate odometer reading?
231,xxx

>what is the current mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car?
Mechanical: Excellent, no issues
Cosmetic (Interior): Good. Some of the dash climate and stereo control nobs are warn, driver door handle is worn, steering wheel is well worn. Seats are in great condition because a cover is used.

Cosmetic (Exterior): Fair to Good. Number of small rust spots appearing in the paint, but overall the paint is fine, no large chips and it is not noticeable at 5 feet away. One or two dents in the body panels.

>when did you buy the car?

>what odometer reading did you buy the car at?
190,xxx

>what was the mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it?
Fairly similar. Perhaps a few less rust spots.

>how much longer do you expect the car to last?
Another 10 years. At least till the hybrid batter gives.

>how many more miles do you expect the car to last?
200k more miles at its current rate. I haven't had anything go wrong with it besides regular maintenance. (Brakes, air filter, etc)

>do you still enjoy the car?
Its the perfect A to B car. Due to the design of the car, it performs less well at speeds above 50mph, but at lower speeds its just fine.

>is the car giving you problems?
None
>>
>>14080288
231,xxx miles*
>>
guys thank you for the entries

i'm actually making a spreadsheet of the results

the main reason i'm doing this is because i'm about to go buy a g35 (did plenty of research, it's my final decision) since i need another car and my father keeps annoying the fuck out of me saying they are shit cars just because they are 10 years old and most of them in my budget have over 100,000 miles and he's trying to push me to spend even more money on top of my budget and finance a brand new shitbox like a kia soul or something instead

i made this thread so i could disprove him

so far looks not too bad....almost all of civic guys problems i can easily avoid.....maxima bro's problems i'm feeling a bit more sketch about especially since it's the same company as the g35

kinda skipping on cosmetic since it's mostly visible wear and tear, rust and dents and i live in southern california so i dont have to worry about that

no i'm not underage....i just turned 20 a couple days ago

just gonna leave this bump and i hope to see more replies later this morning
>>
>>14080526
You're making a spreadsheet to convince your dad to allow you to spend your own money on something you want?
>>
>>14080529
it's a long story that i'd rather not dive into but apparently it's his money
>>
File: DSC05241.jpg (738KB, 1881x1113px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05241.jpg
738KB, 1881x1113px
1. 1994
2. 345000 kilometers
3. Has some rust, need to replace the alternator, in the process of replacing the head gasket, has problems with power steering.
4. Got it from my dad a year ago or so. Dad has owned it for approx 8 years.
5. Got it from my dad at 320k. Don't know how much the car had when my dad bought it.
6. Like 4 years, more if I decide to fix the rust
7. Up to 500k km
8. Yeah, I like driving it
9. Obviously, but it's to be expected at its' age.
>>
>>14080526
Don't buy one with that much mileage, save your money. Don't buy a coupe they have a ricer tax, get the sedan.
>>
>>14080566
Is over 100k miles considered a lot in the USA?
>>
>>14080566
i actually need one now

also i really like the looks of the coupe

my budget is $8500
>>
195000km
Mechanical: excellent condition except for a minor oil leak due to a few worn seals I haven't got around to replacing
Cosmetic: good, except for a few dings. It was repainted about 5 years ago I believe.
Bought 6 months ago
182000 when bought
The same condition as when I bought it
I expect it to last another 10 years easily with basic maintenance
Minimum 100k
I love the crap out of it. I replaced a much newer car with it and it's a heap more fun.
A few oil leaks and the seats are a bit rough. Other than that it's in excellent condition
>>
>>14080588
You don't need a g35 coupe.

https://youtu.be/-7yt1YKbnpw

>>14080574
100k isn't something you go for lightly when people treat their cars like an applicance and reliable to most people means only doing a few oil changes in those 100k.
>>
>>14080574
It's the soccermom avoidance number, because it's the first enormous service interval, which never gets done. So then things break, etc etc the cycle continues.
>>
>>14080612
no i need a car now in general

there is a sedan 40 miles away with 81k nut it has the rev-up and he's asking $9700
>>
>>14080616
If a car has high km's but has full filled out log books with all the correct servicing done at the correct time then your pretty safe buying a high km's car.
>>
File: IMG_20151013_184318.jpg (702KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151013_184318.jpg
702KB, 2592x1456px
1991 Toyota Corolla 1.3 hatch shitbox / winter beater

270 000 kilometers

Mechanical condition 7/10, only minor shit like leaking windshield washer container and rear defogger not working. It is burning a bit oil, though.

Cosmetic 7/10, paint is not pretty and there is a fist-sized rust spot on both rear wheel wells. Interior is mostly flawless.

Bought 2014 summer @ 240 000 km

Bought condition was the same, mostly, some minor shit I fixed and a starter problem. (Worn-out starter solenoid contacts.)

I expect it to last as long as I can pass inspection and emissions.

I never really enjoyed the car ever, I DD a motorcycle but there's heavy snowfall in the winter and you can't transport stuff or people on a two-wheeler.

It's not giving me problems.
>>
>>14080607
Mx5/miata by the way
>>
>>14080526
Steer clear of nissan. Their vq engines are notorious for oil consumption.
>>
File: IMG_20150815_133645.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_133645.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
Three cars:
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata R Package, black
2000 Mazda Protege ES, silver
2005 Mazda 3s, silver

>what is the model year?
1994, 2000, 2005

Miata: 175,000mi
Protege: 165,000mi
3: 178,000mi

>current mechanical and cosmetic condition of the car?
Miata: Mechanically good condition, although it is currently stored for the winter and being upgraded. Exterior is clean with the usual parking lot dings, interior is stripped.
Protege: Mechanically mediocre condition. Car was used as a winter beater for a number of years, and the salt has destroyed the suspension and shifter bushings. Underbody components are less rusty than expected, but still quite rusty. Engine and transmission are in excellent shape. Exterior shows signs of low speed collisions front and rear. Interior is dirty as well, the driver's window is non-functional, and the door seals tend to fall off when the door is opened. Only one working speaker.
3s: Excellent mechanical condition. Exterior has some rash on the bumper cover, nothing major. Interior is impeccable except for cuts in the carpet from a poorly-installed audio system a decade ago, long since removed.

Miata: August 2010
Protege: November 2015
3s: November 2013

Miata: 160,000mi
Protege: 165,000mi
3s: 165,000mi

>mechanical and cosmetic condition of the car when you bought it?
Miata: Car was in stock condition, with the exception of adjustable spring perches from a reputable company.
Protege: Car as described above, poor but serviceable condition.
3s: Car still showed more signs of a poor audio install, bumper cover damage, and worn front suspension bushings. All since repaired.
>>
File: IMG_20151210_163023.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151210_163023.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
>>14080690
Miata: As a project car indefinitely, since I am prepared to accept its poor reliability.
Protege: Maybe two or three years, given the rust.
3s: Probably ten more years. I bought the Protege to keep this car out of the salt.

Miata: Indefinitely. The car has few remaining stock parts.
Protege: Possibly 40,000 more miles if appropriately serviced.
3s: I expect 100,000 more miles out of this car before any major mechanical issues.

Miata: Deeply so. The car is temperamental and uncompromising, exactly what a performance project should be.
Protege: A wide powerband and light weight make it more than acceptable in traffic, but the suspension condition makes it unpredictable. Car serves its purpose adequately.
3s: Yes. Good utility coupled with solid handling and a nice shifter make it satisfying both as a daily and for running through the mountains.

Miata: A project car is nothing but a series of problems.
Protege: Yes, as described, but the ones I will actually fix are a short list.
3s: No problems.

As a side note I can't recommend using the reliability of Japanese cars in general to prove the reliability of a specific model.
>>
'99 RX-7
124.000 miles
Exterior is okay, interior is meh, mechanically it's okay-ish
50.000 miles
Same as it is now
not much time more
not many more
Yes, already had to rebuild the engine 4 times
>>
>what is the model year?
135000miles
>what is the current mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car?
The engine is still running very smoothly for a 4 cylinder.
Paint has been neglected but it's still in "okay" condition.
The previous owner did some rust repair in a shop. Hasn't returned yet after 3 years.
Replaced the old seats for something more sporty because they were ripped anyways.
Almost two years ago.
About 120000miles
>what was the mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it?
Just about the same as now, except for the ripped seats.
Hoping for 3 years but since it's a Honda it'll probably still run at that point. I'll probably sell it then for something more modern and comfortable.
Probably 50000 or 70000
It's a blast with the VTEC. It's also pretty nice to daily drive. I still enjoy my NA Miata more though, despite it having less power.
The engine cranks but doesn't start. Already made sure it's got fuel pressure. I used my timing light to check for spark and it seems like the spark is either inconsistent or weak. I'll get an actual spark tester and a compression tester. If it turns out spark is present and the compression is the issue, I'll probably bring it to an actual mechanic.
Another issue is a jingle bell like sound coming from around the right front brake. I have no idea what might cause this but I'll have to change pads and rotors soon so I'll probably find out what it is then.
>>
File: IMAG0174.jpg (1MB, 1915x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0174.jpg
1MB, 1915x1080px
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
148k miles
Needs new brakes. Has a spot of fender rust. Otherwise all is good. Pic related.
Summer of 2011
109k I think
Perfect. One owner, garage kept, etc.
My lifetime, because that's how long I'm keeping it.
See above. I'm rebuilding it soon for more faster.
I love it and will keep it forever.
Nothing more than you'd expect, it's mostly been pretty good.
>>
>>14080121
1992 ls400
Stuck at 206k I've but about 10k on it
Interior leather in the front is worn the outside has some scratches since it was owned by a ww2 vet
Same as above
Another 800k.
Yup
Started leaking psf agian. But that's your normal 1uzfe thing.
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
Interior is breddy good, exterior is excellent, recently lost compression on #3 cylinder (exhaust valve seems to be leaking copiously)
About a year ago
All great
Now that it's running on 3 cylinders, it's worthless for anything but parts and limping about town Have to downshift to maintain 60MPH on freeway hills. Luckily it's a 3rd gen Integra so good value in parts.
Zero.
Love the chassis.
Yes, running on 3 cylinders due to valvetrain failure. Even before valvetrain failure, it was burning oil at the rate of 1 qt per 500 miles. Needs new/rebuilt engine. Also the clutch master cylinder has a slow leak at the piston seal, fluid is dribbling down the clutch pedal.
>>
File: 2015-12-20 11.07.12.jpg (3MB, 2984x1675px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20 11.07.12.jpg
3MB, 2984x1675px
>what is the model year?
2004 Honda Civic Lx Coupe 5speed
131,000 miles
cluster gears making a whine, paint isnt shiet but could be better
2 years ago
93,000 miles
paint was still shiet mechanically all good
Until It needs more gas... Tires... Probably 3 more years
Lasts up to 200k minimum
No, I bought a fbody camaro and it's in the shop right now so this pos shitbox is all I have
Its fukken slow m8

Pic related
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
151,000 miles
Excellent
~100,000 miles
Good
5 to 10 years
Yes
No
>>
File: hhghghgh.jpg (1MB, 2048x729px) Image search: [Google]
hhghghgh.jpg
1MB, 2048x729px
>what is the model year?
Like 150k or so
Mechanical - 2/10 engine wise, the 16 previous owners are really fucking my ass real good with shitty and broken "fixes" I keep running in to. Exterior - 6/10 fairly beat up and a little rust but in great condition for being in Iowa. Interior 9/10 nearly mint
Sometime last November I believe
around 140k
Mechanical - Ran but was def broken still so still 2/10. Exterior improved under my ownership, was like 4/10 when I bought it same with interior would say it was like 7/10
>>
>>14081074
I don't plan on driving it in snow so hopefully a good long while
none on the current engine (unless I can fix it)
Yes
Yes, but I have a reliable DD for that reason
>>
>what is the model year?
1999 Nissan primera 2.0TDI
260K km's
ripped drivers seat, broken steering pump, brokn back windshield wiper, left back door closes badly, cracked head-and taillight covers, rims fused to rotors with rust so can't replace the broken discs, calipers and bald tires that are on it now, dirt in gass tank, sometimes runs on 3 cylinders, spews so much poison diesel fumes on startup it makes jews cry, some rust stains on the hood and body panels, lot of rust underneath (i blame the salt on the road during winter), tends to blow fuses often, radio sometimes stops working until you beat it with fist, ... and a bunch of other small things.
got it for free in 2010
180k km's
same as above minus the rust
about a week. it's going to the junkyard for parts when i got my 'new' car registred and road legal
the engine and tranny can do at least 100k more. the rest of the car not so much
yes.
obviously
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
1995 Lexus SC300
Some tearing on the driver's seat with a dent and some scuffs/scratches on the exterior. Engine starts and runs every time. Minor rust above rear wheel well with a solid under body.
mid June 2015
Same as the above with some minor repairs here and there.
Until someone wrecks it.
Maybe 90,000, probably more with good care.
Fuck yeah!
Valve cover gasket is leaking, power mirrors don't work, and I get bump steer.
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
>what is the current mechanical and cosmetic
(both interior and exterior) condition of the car?
Very good. Seats are little worn due to moister getting in through a broken seal though. Nothing major
Over a year ago
Around 90k
Some scratches from the previous owner, only cost about £80 to sort out. When I got the car the radiator was broken. No faults since then.
Fucking ages
>how many more miles do you expect the car to last? Shit loads
>do you still enjoy the car? Yes.
>>
>>14081243
>is the car giving you problem?
No. Forgot to mention it's a 2003 T sport celica.
>>
>what is the model year?
2005 Subaru Forester. It's my DD.

Good for all three.

Three years ago.

The interior and body were good. Mechanically it needed new brake calipers, pads and rotors as well as struts and ball-joints.

Another 4-5 years

At least 60,000

Absolutely.

Not really. Aside from the brakes and suspension, I did a lot of belt and fluid replacements that were likely neglected by the previous owner. The radiator became clogged after an initial flush and the car almost overheated necessitating its replacement. I also had to replace the catalytic converter.

Note that I did all of these things in my apartment parking garage except the ball-joints.

This car had no service history to speak of. I bought it based on my own research and inspection.

OP if you're not that mechanically inclined and want to buy a higher mileage car, I'd recommend buying one with a detailed service history unless you don't mind a little down-time or learning and getting your hands dirty.
>>
File: mitsu 98.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mitsu 98.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>14080121

>what is the model year?
2001 Mitsubishi Carisma

443000 km 276875 m

It runs good on LPG, but sometimes stutters on cold mornings. Switching to gasoline untill it is warm fixes this.

It has some rust on the front left fender but hardly noticable. Missing a front right bumper strip. The Rear bench has some ketchup stains and the trunk is messed up because i used it to transport building materials when i was renovating a friends house.

173000 km 108125 m

It was in very good condition (both mechanically and cosmetically) when i bought it from this 50 y/o. Riding the Fast and the Furious wave he somehow thought it was cool to replace the stick shifter with a brushed aluminium one (which i still use). It also had a broken wiper motor.

I will probably drive it until it literally falls apart or when the repairbill is higher than 500 euros. Promised to give it to a friend by then who wants to use it in an autocross event.

I hope to break the 500000 km mark

Yes very much, so much good memories.

Apart from the cold engine problems on LPG in cold weather, not so much.

pic very similar
>>
>>14080126
>NO NEW CONTENT IS ALLOWED ON MY INTERNET!!!

where do you think research comes from, dummy
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
Corolla 1991, same as >>14080641 but white sedan
~204,000 km
Mechanics largely ok, for cosmetics there are rusty spots
A year ago my grandpa passed it down for me
~197,000 km
Pretty much the same
As long as the drive shaft won't shit itself, which might be tomorrow, 5 years later etc.
See above
It's small shitbox with small engine, but it's mine and I enjoy driving it and doing occasional wrenching on it
Small problems that don't affect driving
>>
what is the model year?
93 Miata
Interior is decent, paint is fucked in the front

In great mechanical condition
About a year ago
what was the mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it? Same as it is now. Imagine what oil changes do for you. I did have to change the slave cylinder, though.

Until I don't want it anymore, probably.
100k at least.
Yep
Nope
>>
>>14080121
1992 Mitsubishi Expo LRV
176,000 miles plus
A/T is a bitch, slips out of gear. Engine runs at full compression but has the same pathetic HP it left the factory with. All the electricals work. Paint is good. Doors open, close and lock for the most part. Glass intact. Interior is 80%.
Bought in 2012 for 500 buckaroos
I think it had 150k
Condition was terrible. We cleaned up the interior but the engine needed some work, we bored and sleeved the #1 cylinder to regain compression. Then we found out the TCM had literally exploded so that got swapped.
It's a mystery. Transmission is on borrowed time. Engine was saved once already but it does work. Could die today, could run forever. I'd estimate 190-200k before it finally dies.
I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's a van after all and a pathetically under-powered one. Driving it on the highway is terrifying. On the other hand the body roll is kinda fun and it can haul a lot of shit without burning THAT much gas.
Current problem list.
-A/T occasionally slips out of gear and revs uselessly or stalls. Solution is to restart car if stall and shift into L and back to D is slips out.
-A/T hesitates switching to 4th gear on the highway, runs in 3rd at 70 mph for as long as 5 minutes. I have no tach so I have no idea how hard it's revving during this time, I'd guess redline.
-There's a sticky thermostat causing temp to hit max briefly during startup and then jumps right back down to normal. Only does this on cold starts.
-ECU throws a CEL during startup for 2 seconds. I'm guessing a recurring misfire.
-Passenger side seatbelt won't extend to buckle without manual coaxing.
-Sliding door has to be kicked closed from the outside.
-There's some kind of mystery beeping coming from the ECU when I turn the key off. 5 rapid beeps.
>>
>>14080121
2001 Civic em2 coupe ex
One very small hole in the bumper. Dents from college parking lot on doors. Paint fucked but not too noticeable. Interior has been cleaned 1000s of time because it was bought from a smoker.
Used car dealership
A little over 100,000
Condition was worse when we bought it.
Life.
Tailpipe may fall off. Wiggles when driving.
>>
what is the model year?
~218k mi
Mechanically the interior is perfect, cosmetically one panel is slightly out of alignment, a few scuff marks. Exterior wise left side of rear bumper is popped out about 2mm at one corner, one hubcap has lost a "spoke" due to tofu boy encounter with curb
Passed down year and a half ago
Same minus the hubcap part
As long as I continue to own it
At least another 100k mi
Yes, wish it was faster but light enough to throw around easily
Nope. Minus a squealing loose accessory belt and some minor work to pass inspection this year
>>
File: 107.jpg (95KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
95KB, 960x720px
>what is the model year?
1987 Toyota MR2
342,000 Kms
2 rust spots that need fixing
got keyed 5 days ago
few other paint defects
crack in the dash from the sun
small oil leak from engine, not enough to worry about, otherwise engine going good.

320,000ish

alot worse than it is now, mostly restored car to original condition

a fair while, lasted this long

a lot longer

yes, very much so, looking to get a factory supercharged one to replace it though.

not really, bit pissed someone keyed it though. such is life. love it, very glad i bought it, would totally regret selling it and not having another one.
[/questions]
>>
>>14082571
bought the car 3 or so years ago.
>>
File: 93 'ry.jpg (117KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
93 'ry.jpg
117KB, 640x480px
1993 Toyota camry V6LE

Odometer: bout 208,000 mi

mech/int/ext: a fair sized oil leak that drips onto the exhaust manifold, therefore smoke after about 20 mins of driving, or going up long hills, though this has no apparent faults other than the smoke. a few scrapes and dents, only thing really noticeable is a baseball sized dent on the front left panel. Blew a tire on the way to work about a week ago so i still just have the spare on. interior has seen better days, only 2 working seat-belts, a couple dashboard lights are out, gear shift is worn

bought: hand-me-down from the gramps

og odometer: 174,000 mi

og mech/int/ext: oil leaking has been a problem since i got it, rollin up to a light in a fuckin CLOUD. exterior had a couple fewer dents and scrapes, but it was never pristine, interior was about the same too, but the seat-belts worked back then

years left: about 5 years left in him i reckon

miles left: probably 30-35,000 mi

enjoyment: i love this fuckin beater like a son, i hated everything about it when it was given to me but it grew on me so much over the years. the v6 still puts out a reasonable amount of power, still sounds ok too. cruises like a pro.

problems: oil leak, having people try and tell me its smoking in traffic
>i know.....
>>
>>14082601
passed down in 2010
>>
>>14080121
2003 Toyota Corolla E12 1.4VVT-i

285000km (~177000miles)

Mechanically ok. Exhaust is rusted and should be replaced. Light rust where windshield meets the roof. Few small scratches.

I got the car from my dad in 2012 (he was the only previous owner)

~235000km

Condition was ok, bunch of scratches, broken front light bulb mounting mechanisms and connectors

At least 3 years without any major repairs. After that we'll see. The suspension is pretty much all original and it won't last forever. I think it will easily last for another 10 years

100000km (~62000miles) with some bigger repairs along the way

I like shitty hatchbacks like this. It's just the kind of car I learned to drive in. The car is fairly noisy, not super comfortable and the engine is a bit weak. Objectively it's shit. But I really enjoy it. I also like how you can fold the rear seats flat and have quite a lot of space in there.

The biggest issue was with the gearbox - it started getting more and more noisy and in the end I had to replace the gearbox bearings. Cost was around 450EUR so not the end of the world, but still a lot compared to the value of the car. I also had issues with wobbliness when braking. Replaced pads and discs twice in two years and it finally stopped. Not sure what exactly was wrong, but it's fine now. I had to repair the starter motor - it was simply worn out, probably because the car was used mostly for short trips. The front lights are a bit weak now (the plastic is foggy). I got them polished once and that really helped, but it's getting quite bad again. The CD player sometimes refuses to play burned CDs. Oh and the remote doesn't work half the time.
>>
>>14082668
Forgot to add - I replaced the clutch too, at around 250000km
>>
>>14082571
>keying an aw11

Fuckin' scumbags mate.
>>
>>14080121
1) 2004 civic
2) 118,000
3) Needs power window fixed, tag light replaced, front bumper corner reattached. Else is quality
4) ~2011
5) 55,000
6) Standard dealership quality
7) However long I do regular maintenance
8) 200,000
9) No. Need manual.
10) Brakes grabs on downshift.
>>
>>14080121
2001 Nissan Sentra 2.0
new
shopping a new one
could last much more with work
yes
Brakes are gone, tires are gone, think it needs a throw-out bearing and clutch repair? It does have 360000 miles on it, so...
>>
>>14083198
Oh, Exterior is shit - rust and paint peeling - car lived next to the ocean for years though. Interior is like new except for the headliner.
>>
good
7 years ago
good
no idea
no idea
tired of it
2-4 coil pack died recently
>>
>>14080121
what is the model year?
>98 Honda Civic LX
>120k
>understeered into a mailbox front end is pretty messed up, both tail lights are busted out, few dents and scratches, interior is dirty and has numerous cigarette burns, runs good though
>fall 2009
>65k
>Small dent on the hood, few scratches, pretty clean interior
>Dont drive it any more, got a new car a few months ago
>Could of ran for at another least 100k miles
>I don't drive it anymore, but It was my first car, I drove the ever living shit out of it
>Started up every single time, only things that ever went bad was the cat converter and an O2 sensor
>>
File: 1445974867821.jpg (1MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1445974867821.jpg
1MB, 4928x3264px
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Exterior: OK Interior: Could use work
2 years ago
~175,000
Exterior: ugly Interior: bad
20 years
I still enjoy fixing it and learning something new
Yes but it's always been a project car
>>
another bump
>>
File: advans.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
advans.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>14083722

Cozy ass traphouse, senpai

>Model Year
1986 Toyota AE86

>Odometer reading
43 xxx km

Some scrapes here and there, interior is gutted, could use some work but I had a look under, no rust what so ever.

3 months ago.

I don't remember.

Hoses needed replacing, had an oil cooler line rupture on me.

I don't know but it'll stay with me until my son is old enough to drive.

I absolutely love it.

None but the throttlebody and sensor could use a cleaning.

>In b4 buttmad shitvic drivers
>>
>what is the model year?

Exterior - Previous owner let love bugs dry on the front bumper in the hot florida sun, so the clear coat is gone. Other than that a small amount of scratches or dents thats expected with a 10 year old car

Same as it is now, except I've put a different grill on it

I've talked to people with 500k+ on them, so a long time

See above

I love it

I had to replace the air compressor and evaporator core, but they lasted ~12 years in the intense florida heat, so I can't really complain. The mechanic for the evap core told me he was the senior mechanic at the toyota dealer and ever since the car came out he hasn't seen a single one come in with it, because they really just dont break. That's how well theyre built. So I expect another ~12 years out of the a/c honestly. As for the rest of the car, no problems. Just done standard maintenance and it's run perfect. I love it. It'll be a shame to sell it.

Car is a 2004 Scion xB for reference
>>
File: 00003.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00003.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>14080121
Who gives a shit about mileage? Unless you drive an M3 doing an engine swap isn't that expensive
>>
File: file.jpg (39KB, 520x340px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
39KB, 520x340px
>what is the model year?
300,000 km
Radio doesn't work, roof leaks on drivers side, 4 cm hole in left front bumper from a fender bender on tues
windshield was cracked
5 years more hopefully
100,000-150,000 hopefully
Don't care, cars are just an appliance, I enjoy riding motorcycles
Only when it rains and water starts dripping on my crotch/getting the seat wet
>>
>>14085627
2001 Honda civic
>>
>>14085545
how much did you paid for it
>>
>>14085651

Ludicrous to any normie.

>Smallport 7age, 43 xxx on rebuild
>Short shifter
>Tokico HTSes,
>Sway, and strut bars
>Adjustable panhard bar
>Straight pipe with Greddy muffler
>Widebody rear fenders
>Caged
>Advan Volks wrapped in Advan AO48s
>TRD whale tail
>Celica Supra LSD
>FC RX7 calipers

I'm probably forgetting stuff.
>>
>>14085672
>8k
>>
File: 2008_then_2015.jpg (3MB, 3365x2210px) Image search: [Google]
2008_then_2015.jpg
3MB, 3365x2210px
>Model year?
>Approximate odometer reading?
218,000 miles.
>Current mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car?
4/5 and 4/5. Shit is so cash. I love my car.
>When did you buy the car?
November 2008
>What odometer reading did you buy the car at?
180,000 miles.
>Mechanical and cosmetic (both interior and exterior) condition of the car when you bought it?
2/5 and 2/5. Paint cracked all over. The engine was covered in mud and the water pump didn't work and leaked. The soft top leaked. Water leaked from the center console while turning in the rain. It was moldy inside. The leather seats were cracked. The stereo volume knob didn't work and the door speakers were literally blown out. The weld of the midpipe to the muffler was fully sheared off. At least it's always been 100% rust-free.
>How much longer do you expect the car to last?
Forever, man.
Forever, man.
>Still enjoy the car?
Yes, more today than when I first got it, over 7 years ago.
>Is the car giving you problems?
Nope. Not a goddamn issue.
>Sikk factory info:
'95 had the chassis rod behind the seats, but had to settle for OBD-1. Options for mine included a fully-sikk 10-speaker system with an amp installed near the steering column, 2 stereo speakers in each headrest, and bass "thumpers" in the seatbacks. Mine came with power steering, no ABS, a manual trans, and the Torsen LSD.
>Sikk mawds:
Replaced cat with a resonator. eBay exhaust. Racing Beat intake. Flyin' Miata F/R sway bars. R-pkg front lip. Smoked turn signal lenses. 15" NB "Sport wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE-11As. Hawk HPS pads. New headunit, All speakers replaced and re-wired to work. Re-upholstered leather. Removed worthless shit from engine bay. New soft-top, zipperless. New OEM replacement steering wheel (old was cracked as fuck). Lots of paint work (done at the local prison lol for cheap). All fluids (cooling, brake, trans, diff)
>>
File: relena.gif (384KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
relena.gif
384KB, 400x272px
>>14085776

Atleast I don't drive a single cam, autotragic 98 shitvic.

>In b4 more butthurt
>>
>>14085813
I dont drive a civic
>>
>>14080972

Jason??
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
1992 Toyota Camry
137000 km
Mechanical: 9/10, rock solid, even AC still works with original filling (and can't refill due to the chemical being banned nowadays)
Cosmetic (interior): 9/10, near mint
Cosmetic (exterior): 6/10, no relevant rust spots, but quite a few scratches dings and fixed paint chips in random states of discoloration, but I'm in the process of slowly fixing those up
80000 km
Pretty much the same, some dings less, my mom took care of the rest until I took over the car in 2010. All services properly made, but I've lost the log book. I need to go through the old receipts and re-compile it, as mom has saved them all
Indefinitely, I love this car and see no reason to believe that it should die out of nowhere (except if I get in an accident)
Some 400-500k, not unusual for the 5SFE. It will probably have to retire from being a DD before that, though.
A lot, and due to the limited power at 136 HP, I can floor it longer than most (less HP than thr average car in Switzerland)
Age is showing, some parts need maintenance or replacement, a random part at a time. This summer I got a new distributor, thanks to the dying ECU-relay killing the old one.
>>
bamo
>>
>>14080121

1996 MR2 GT Coupe
155,000 miles
Engine great, interior mint, paint great, no evidence of accidents but badly rusted sills and ropey sidelights and indicators
1 month ago
5-10 years
40-50k more miles
Yes
Problem is mild steel bolts shearing on everything despite ample WD40
>>
>>14080121
Fuck off data collector.
>>
>>14080190
>2,750,000 km
>1,708,771 miles

Well played.
>>
File: 1417605569642.jpg (550KB, 2560x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1417605569642.jpg
550KB, 2560x2080px
>what is the model year
2001 Honda Civic LX
255000 miles
Some dents and dings also the hood has a slight gap. Burns a little bit of oil and VTEC solenoid is giving me problems
6 months ago
Same as now other than blown head gasket and warped brake rotors
Forever is a Honda™ yo
First manual car so yes
Lower control arm has worn bushings been meaning to change it.
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
210,4XX
Cosmetic - Pretty bad. tons of dents, assload of scratches, paint is fading, bumper is taco'd from hitting a pole, the tail gate is bowed out like 2", and the bed looks like I just throw rocks in it to fuck it up all day. Interior is totally disgusting, my side of the bench seat is black, the shift knob is black, the arm rest is black, all because I use it to make parts runs while working on my other cars.
Mechanically - It's alright. Power steering pump is whining some, and it's throwing some CEL codes.
December 2007
I think around 120k
Way better. Had some scratches and very few dents, the bed was in far better shape and was totally straight. Most of the abuse is from me.
It's a 3RZ Tacoma, I've seen guys put 600k on the motor without a rebuild. I expect no less than 300k before it starts giving me much trouble.
Like I said, probably well over 300k
I never really found it enjoyable, but it's reliable as shit and fulfills as useful a purpose as it did 8 years ago when I got it.
Just CEL codes and aforementioned power steering pump whine.
>>
>>14080121
you sound entitled as fuck. not even a fucking please in there or even a "could you". Just "do this shit"

>>14081463
>where do you think research comes from, dummy
not from 4chan where there are no rules* and the points don't matter

>>14080535
>>14080526
if you're 20 why is your old man treating you like a kid? most parents let their kids make their own mistakes on their own. You still living at home.
>it's my final decision)
sounds like it's not

good luck chucklefuck
>>
>[questions]
>what is the model year?
185'000 km
Perfect (because rust repaired)
5 month ago
182'000 km
Leather seat very used and rust
Till it dies
Till 300'000km at least
A lot
Nope, maybe some minor leaks on the soft top but nothing important
>[/questions]
>>
File: IMG_20130123_224542.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130123_224542.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
2006 Scion tC
all good, save for some chips/scratches on the outside. one dent in the hood (palm size)
9/2011
better exterior. the interior needs a detail.
5+ years? I've seen these with +300k on them
up to 250k before major work
Hell yeah, but I'll need a truck soon.
None
>>
>>14080121
>2000 Accord
>198k
>Rust on the rear fenders, cracked windshield, auto trans slips in 2nd and 3rd, subframe is rusted out, lost a chunk about the size of my hand going over a pothole last week
>Parents bought it used in '05
>~50k
>As perfect as a 5 year old Honda gets
>Not long, maybe 1000 miles before the subframe gives out. Stopped driving it for anything more than trips around town, I don't trust it on highways anymore
>See above
>I've never enjoyed it
>See above
>>
File: IMG_20150717_200500.jpg (1MB, 2988x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150717_200500.jpg
1MB, 2988x2988px
what is the model year?
2003 Honda CR-V

195000 km

Cosmetic: 8/10 some scratches on paint pristine interior
Mechanical: 4/10 put about $4000 of parts and oil in the time I have had it.

June 2014

178500 km

Cosmetic: 9/10
Mechanical: 7/10

Selling it next summer due to constant issues. But probably 4 more years.

~200000 km more

I love it. Can do light off reading, awesome in the winter. And on road it handles great for a small suv and is fairly quick with it's K24.

Decided to become a 2 stroke. Horrible mileage. Just failed mvi due to bad exhaust. Whole system needs replacement.
>>
>>14080121
>06 Yaris

>170,000 km

>minor dent to fender panel, interior remains absolutely mint except I turned the center console from silver to gloss black... no discolorations or wear in interior, no paint chips to exterior.

>new, back in 07.

>odometer said 18 km, which is expected for new.

>New.

>I don't see the damn thing dying any time soon... I can easily see it making it past 250,000 km.

>probably about 100,000 more.

>meh, it gets from a to b... its not meant for fun really.

>Well, I need to replace the insulator mount at the back of the transmission, and I'll be replacing the exhaust donut at the rear... but no real problems, just two irritations.

>I answered your damn questions, don't give me sass.

>I'm BEING NEAT for fucks sake. DID I NOT DOUBLE SPACE THIS?
Fuck it, I'm out... fucking questioning me and shit... fuck this.
>>
>>14080121
>so i can easily overlook the data
Ache-sellent.
>>
>what is the model year?
1995 Chevy Cavalier
~269K miles
interior horrible
exterior battle damaged
108k miles
"enh"
we will see, it's gone pretty far for an american shitbox
50k?
never did
right now the power steering is loud as hell and it needs brakes and i'm not sure about that fuel pump either
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 750x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 750x741px
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
175,XXX
Not too bad, some paint chips, interior is immaculate
August 2015
173,XXX
Same as now
As long as I don't wreck it
It's a 5 speed, not too boring. It's a Honda Accord.
Clutch is barley starting to slip

Pic related: my car
>>
File: 143646892106.jpg (13KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
143646892106.jpg
13KB, 209x241px
>>14080121
>MARKET RESEARCH SHILL HERE, HI GUYS WANNA BE FRIENDS? LET'S TALK ALL ABOUT OUR CARS..... PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS FOR SOME GOOD INNOCENT FUN. PLUS MY DAD AND FIRS CAR AND PROVE HIM WRONG ETC ETC. LET'S BEGIN
>>
>>14090125

What would a marketing researcher want with a bunch of poorfags driving shitboxes?
>>
>>14089934

>Chevy Cavalier
>Japanese
>>
File: 1432882231285.jpg (105KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1432882231285.jpg
105KB, 410x410px
>>14090136
>Marketing: How does it work?
>Shilling: Would anyone really do that?
>>
File: cavalier_02l.jpg (280KB, 1400x848px) Image search: [Google]
cavalier_02l.jpg
280KB, 1400x848px
>>14090142
Trolled!
>>
File: IMG_1144(1).jpg (2MB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144(1).jpg
2MB, 2448x1836px
>>14080121
what is the model year?
1994 Mazda Miata 1.8L
162,000mi
Slight leak from the slave cylinder but no big problem, too lazy to do a $20 repair.
Cosmetically poor, hail damage on hood, cracked front bumper and ripped top.
Have a fresh hood ready to go on (color matched), New bumper ready to paint tomorrow night and brand new top shipping now.
April 2014
125,000mi
Much worse, rolling on steelies, stripped interior, awful brakes, very dirty.
Until I die, I am willing to pour as much money in as it takes.
See above, aiming for 1 million and I know it's possible with enough engine/drivetrain swaps
Every damn day. When I got a bike my love for it kinda fell off but it still puts a smile on my face.
Hardly ever, top off the slave cylinder every few weeks and its always good to go.
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
1986 Mazda RX-7

146,000 miles

It's a beater. Interioir is 4/10. Exterior is 3/10.

Summer 2014

Not good. Interior 3/10. Exterior 3/10

Can't say. Compression is becoming weak enough that it's hard to start, but I'll drive it till it dies.

Hope to see 160k miles

Yeah, it's pretty fun. I'm glad I got to own an RX.

Hard to start in the cold. Transmission synchros are wearing out. Seats are shot.
>>
>>14080121
>what is the model year?
2004 Mazda 6 GT Wagon

130 767mi

Exterior: minimal qtr panel rust, some scratches and chips 7/10
Interior: driver seat heater needs repairs, needs 1 bulb changed on center console (ac backlight)

Mechanical: 10/10 I change oil 5w30 every 3 mos

August 2013

121 788mi

windshield needed replacement, tires bald, needs a fuse for the cig lighter
7/10
engine was 10/10

very long time; i love this car and so does the tgf. she's a mech eng so we'll just fix whatever problem comes up. also we had our first date in this car so it's not going anywhere.

I'd shoot for a million+

Wagon
V6
33mpg city (obd2 readings)
simple to work on
Bose sound system (opera and orchestras sound real bomb)
Black leather

I enjoy it, yes.

Car too low (not lowered or stanced; it came out of the factory like that) and i have to use a jack whenever i need to get under.. not really a big issue, just a minor annoyance
>>
>>14080121
>2004 Nissan xterra
>mint inside and out 4wd super charged fosgate audio
>love it
>all I have added is a 6 on ch lift and nismo cold air intake
>>
>>14080621
Mine's not even japanese but it has 295k km on it. Service logs are all filled and nothing is worn
>>
>>14080138
That clutch must be 1/2 inch thick.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.