[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first cold day of year >car starts screaming that both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (77KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
77KB, 512x512px
>first cold day of year
>car starts screaming that both my oil pressure and tires are low
>got oil serviced 500 miles ago
C-can I ignore it? My dad didn't teach me about cars
>>
>>14075916
Assuming you went to a dealer, just use the kind of oil the dealer uses to top it up. If you don't know what kind that is it's probably in your owners manual.

For the tires just go to a gas station and use their air compressor to check/fill them.
>>
>>14075916
If the oil light ever turns on, you need to IMMEDIATELY stop the engine, as damage is occurring.

Check the oil level, and if it's low, add oil
>>
>>14075916
Tire pressure isn't surprising as the temperature drops, but I'm curious as to why your oil pressure is dropping. Any oil spots around your car? what is the temperature and what type of oil is your car using?
>>
My car started with difficulty today... about 15degrees Fahrenheit outside the house... back to Autozone for more parts i guess... SIGHHHHH!!!!!
>>
>>14076615
er, sort of... just have to get an oil change soon, like on your next lunchbreak or perhaps after clocking out that day
>>
How do I know when my oil needs changed?
I Googled it and got results like "if it's too dark" and "if the level is too low."

How dark is too dark and how low is too low?
My little dipstick thingy has little dots on it to show the level, but I'm not exactly sure of their relation.
>>
>>14076737
Oil needs change after X kms (depends on car) or 1-2 years, whichever comes first. Some engines are more sensitive. It never hurts to change the oil tho.

Just read the car's manual. Reading a car's oil level is not harder than tanking at a gas station. It's very important to regularly check the oil level.
>>
File: 1395789843636.jpg (318KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1395789843636.jpg
318KB, 1280x960px
>>14076737

Both retarded suggestions

If you don't know when it was changed; change the oil and oil filter as soon as possible
If you do know; look in your owners manual and find the recommended service interval
>>
>>14076777
Stars and stones, how did THAT happen?!
>>
File: 68864686846846.png (96KB, 1635x563px) Image search: [Google]
68864686846846.png
96KB, 1635x563px
>>14076804
Its what happens when you're too much of a bumblefuck to have your car serviced
>>
>>14075916
Low oil pressure is a worry.
In cold temperatures you should get higher oil pressure cos the oil is thicker.

Check the oil level.
If its good you have a problem.

Could be a bad oil pump, or worn out parts.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.