[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You can charge it FOR FREE Absolute Madman. Alright, i am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (79KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 992x558px
>You can charge it FOR FREE
Absolute Madman.
Alright, i am convinced. I ak getting a tesla.
>>
>>14074994
He's the only executive in the automotive world that understands the kind of incentives that will be needed to change the foundation on which the entire industry sits. The big boys are content to keep internal combustion because that's what they're built on. Tesla needs EV adoption to happen if they're going to survive and Musk knows how to do it.
>>
File: 1376945078953.png (120KB, 563x593px) Image search: [Google]
1376945078953.png
120KB, 563x593px
>>14075030
are you excited about the home battery packs?
>>
What are the pros and cons of a tesla car?
>>
>>14075245
con its expensive and trendy. kind of in need of a refresh soon imo. they are coming out with a suv but thats kinda weird.

pro its reliable and very fast
>>
>>14075252
Is it a good option for someone outside of the US?
In germany, we have like 6 or 7 tesla charge stations. The nearest one being 100km away (180 miles).
I like the design, but it just looks like a chinese knock-off. I can not explain why it gives me that vibe. It just looks like an imitiation of something.
>>
>>14075252
The SUV is already out.
2017 MY brings in the $28K entry level sedan with 250 mile range
>>
>>14075276
>entry level tesla
oh fuck. Thanks i didn't know.
>>
>>14075276
oh really? i haven't seen it.
hows it look in person?
>>
>>14074994
He's smart but, I personally think battery powered cars, at least for the sake of being "environmentally friendly" is a really shitty idea because well they aren't. He really should have pushed for the hydrogen option.
>>
>>14075291
hydrogen is dangerous and massively inefficient.
>>
>electric cars
sorry you must be looking for /reddit/
>>
>>14075282
I've never seen it, but it has all kinds of weird innovations like flexible expanding/contracting air ducts. I'd wait and see how it holds up.
>>
>>14075302
So are lithium batteries lol
>>
>>14075280
The day they announced it I put $20K directly into shares of TSLA.
>>14075282
I think it's kind of bland, I've seen them in SD a few times.
>>
>>14075315
uhh no lithium batteries dont explode violently
>>
I really like the tesla idea. so much cheaper than gasoline. however I have two concerns:

>1) software dependencies, will they charge me for their software and force me to follow their updates?
>2) they will be uncool because every single boring person who drives a prius will now have tesla. call me special snowflake but I want something that I feel proud about.
>>
>>14075356
They only charge for the big updates. For example, earlier this year, Musk released a self-driving upgrade to all model S owners directly to the car overnight. Costs like $5K to enable
>>
>>14075376
what about navigation or internet data monthly fees?
>>
>>14075265
Good lord how on earth did you get to that conclusion? If anything, achieving Tesla styling is the wet dream of any asian ripoff manufacturer, and they don't even come close. I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but saying that any Tesla looks like an imitation is like calling out the Gioconda because she looks like any other woman.
>>
>>14075376
So the software is on the ECU but just not enabled?
How long until someone figures out how to get around that?
>>
>>14075350
Actually they'll catch fire if lithium is exposed to oxygen.
>>
>>14075245

Monster torque instantly..
Really fast acceleration
Quiet and comfortable ride
Don't have to pay for fuel

Bad: heavy, milage per charge.. But its 200-300km+ and not many people drive more then that regularly. If I had a Tesla I'd have a 2nd car anyway like a diesel land cruiser for the big family roadtrips.
>>
File: fisker_karma_hybrid_2012-wide.jpg (374KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fisker_karma_hybrid_2012-wide.jpg
374KB, 1920x1200px
Yeah but will it look cool and make spaceship sounds?

DIDN'T THINK SO!!
>>
>>14075483
>catching fire = exploding
someone missed physics class
>>
Musk in in talks with other car makers about letting them use his charging network. Which means they have higher range EVs coming in the next few years.

Tesla's charging network is along major road networks. To allow long distance travel.

Almost all other public chargers, for smaller range EVs, are clustered in metro areas.
>>
>>14075520
Fiskers are steaming piles of shit.

shit ev range
shit mpg when the GM 4 banger is running
horrible interior space
xbox huge exterior dimensions
only car that catches fire more often than a ferrari.
>>
it's shit because I cant afford it
>>
>>14075282
No real pictures have been released of the model 3, the reveal should be in March though
>>
>>14075726
Is it stupid to buy the first models that come out. Or should I wait a year until they fix any issues with the first release?
>>
>>14075538
Looks like someone skipped chemistry and doesn't know what a combustion reaction is. :^)
>>
>>14075469
No dude wtf. That makes no sense. It's an update like you'd update your phone.
>>
>>14075830
at least i didnt fall on my head at recess, sweetie =)
>>
>>14075030
You know, EVs are probably older than the gasoline ICE engine, right?
tip: what other reasons keep oil derived energy sources the mainstay
>>
>>14075469
no, the hardware is capable of it but the software isn't on it yet. it has to be updated.

just like ur computer is capable of running ur hentai dvds but you still have to buy the media
>>
>>14074994
>for FREE
>except you have to pay the electricity bill
>>
>>14075892
not at public charging stations

also electricity is cheap compared to gas depending on your location
>>
>>14075876
cheap, easy to transport, easy to store, relatively safe, abundant free source of crude oil and natural gas, already in place infrastructure, technology highly refined for over a century because there was no reason to advance or push alternative energies until recently.

oil is still currently the best energy source we have.. it just has the unfortunate side effect of pollution.

vs

ITS A CONSPIRACY
>>
>>14075915
someone pays for it
and they want their money back one way or another
>>
File: 1429444804088.jpg (181KB, 1752x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1429444804088.jpg
181KB, 1752x1703px
>>14075610
>tfw you'll never buy the brand and re-release the car with everything wrong about it fixed
>>
>>14075868
>sweetie =)
this faggot again
you're dumb as fuck and always wrong, fuck off
>>
>>14075935
>just fix all the wrong bits
genius idea, has anyone told fisker?
>>
>>14075925
oh gotcha, makes sense
I guess that is just factored into the purchase price for the supercharging stations, or rather it is something that helps them get new customers.

there are also plenty of government or private owned (malls) chargers in public
>>
>>14074994
>expensive
>battery degradation (5 years in and it will hold half the charge it used to)
>electricity isn't free but cheaper, just not by a ton
$4.29 in electricity (depends on where u are) to go 100 miles. Gas would be $5.28 in a 30mpg car where I am. https://www.teslamotors.com/models-charging#/calculator
>batteries are fucking expensive when replaces!
>no long trips unless you like to wait HOURS AND HOURS at rest stops (if you can find a charger)
>no dealerships in many states
>batteries aren't really better for the environment
>>
>>14075915
>also electricity is cheap compared to gas depending on your location
Well great. I'm in Germany and our electricity is so premium priced that an electric car will save me a laughable 20% over a diesel which in turn will save me a disregardable 20% over a petrol. Anywhere near these numbers will take beyond a decade to even make up for the purchase costs of most electric cars even if you're a frequent driver, nevermind the persisting horseshit practicality of electric cars thanks to their limited range.
>>
>>14075956
I think they would've thought of it themselves, but a car startup isn't exactly a profitable business from day one, and when Hurricane Katrina destroyed much of their stock they had no choice but to declare bankruptcy. If it hadn't been for that flood it might've become a viable competitor on the market by now.
>>
>>14075961
yeah, it isn't always a cost effective choice. But lets say you already have a solar panel at home that you can use to charge your car up. My point is that eventually electricity should be cheaper, and it is a medium that can be converted from different energy sources.

limited range is an issue in Europe? everything is so damn close together unlike america.
>>
>>14075981
Not in everyday life, no. I think I could even reach every member of my family with the range, but if I'm going to buy a car I expect to not only go relatively far, but as far as I want. Regardless of the range of a petrol car you can refuel it at every corner. Even when you disregard the crappy charger coverage for electric cars, there still isn't a way to rapidly charge them, and I'm not going to consider them until there is.
>>
>>14075921
>alternative energies
Alternative to what? Electromagnetism isn't an "alternative energy".

t; Electricity is cheaper and easier to transport.
http://knowledgenuts.com/2014/02/24/gasoline-used-to-be-considered-garbage/
They literally forced gasoline onto the consumer automotive world as the premier hydrocarbon of choice so that their problematic waste fractions society would become entirely dependent on. They saw what electricity did to oil lamps. They saw what Nikola Tesla was able to do by making the induction motor and the electrical systems that power them industry standard, blowing hit-and-miss combustion motors out of the water.

Hydrocarbons as motor fuel is a crutch, a relic of dark ages.
>>
>>14076025
you're absolutely right it's a giant conspiracy, thank you for opening my eyes
>>
File: gooniessloth.jpg (27KB, 493x430px) Image search: [Google]
gooniessloth.jpg
27KB, 493x430px
>>14075334

>not having a diverse stock portfolio
>>
>>14076025
>Cheap, a seemingly never-ending supply, and light, gasoline was far better suited to early autos than kerosene, electricity, or steam.
The answer is literally in the link you just posted you absolute retard
>>
>>14075350
actually, they do if punctured or exposed to fire
>>
>>14076077
It's a good way to not lose but also not win
>>
>>14076060
Finally you get it, even if you don't actually, due to an ironic incompetence borne of the conceit of yourself.
>>
>>14075879
>buy hentai
topkek
anon has never heard of torrents
>>
>>14075350

LOL
>>
>>14076084
not violently
>>
File: 1314749050635s.jpg (15KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1314749050635s.jpg
15KB, 251x251px
>>14075334
>hand picking securities
>>
>>14075044
>YFW you can use them auto unrelated.

That is the only reason, but I don't have backyard solar farm.
>>
>>14075876
>You know, EVs are probably older than the gasoline ICE engine, right?
>ICE engine
>Internal Combustion Engine engine
shit nigger what are you doing
>>
File: model-s-crash.jpg (161KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
model-s-crash.jpg
161KB, 970x546px
>>14075960
>>14074994
THIS GUY>thread...
>>
>>14075876
Ur mom keeps this dick the mainstay
>>
>>14075030
>He's the only executive in the automotive world that understands the kind of incentives that will be needed to change the foundation on which the entire industry sits.
I'd wager plenty of other executives understand the incentives necessary for such a change, but see no reason to make the change to begin with.

This seems all too familiar though.
>company X releases radical new product
>advertises it as revolutionary, everything else is now obsolete
>lifetime no questions asked warranty
>turns out it's shit
>product universally fails
>company shuts down
>warranty is out the window

You could also compare it to Apple, but Apple was all about the advertising and overpricing. They would not have stayed in business spending billions on giving more billions away for free only to sell more product and then start giving trillions away for free.
I just don't see this lasting long. But Elon's a smart guy, he'll move on to something else right as or just before Tesla flops.
>>
Why can't the Tesla get power from its axles as it's driving?

>charge car once
>never have to charge again
>keep going forever
>>
>>14075350
RC LYF

There a reason you can't ship this crap by air with certain carriers.
>>
>>14075400
It feels heavily derived to me too.
Mostly from Jaguar and Aston, neither of which are a bad thing to look at.

But it needs a visual update.
>>
File: npRf3IH.jpg (673KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
npRf3IH.jpg
673KB, 2448x3264px
>>14074994
EPIC
>>
>>14080100
I'm waiting for someone to have a "URWLCM" plate.
>>
>>14074994
>charge car
>sell electricity
>profit
>battery dies
>ask for warranty
>free car
>free money
>>
>>14075915
>not at public charging stations
shit im moving to america, im tired of paying tax
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.