[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tried to start my car this morning and it wouldnt start. Instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: h1n1.jpg (12KB, 427x572px) Image search: [Google]
h1n1.jpg
12KB, 427x572px
Tried to start my car this morning and it wouldnt start. Instead there was a red flashing light beside this gauge. What does it mean? Pls no bully. I just bought the car.
>>
>>14063557
I should specify, it was the lower of the two
>>
It means time for an ls1 swap. don't worry though, it'll only cost $500 and an afternoon
>>
>>14063557
Looked it up and it says engine coolant temperature. It's fucking cold where I am. what do?
>>
>>14063567
This is just a complete guess, but its possible your coolant temp sensor is fucked giving the pcm false readings, which could cause a rich/lean condition that's so severe that it won't let your car start
>>
>>14063557
That's more of a QTDDTOT question, but:
Does the starter motor work?
Does it try to turn over?
>>
Call AAA, dont come to the internet to fix your car
>>
>>14063689
dont know what the first one means but it doesnt try to turn over
>>
>>14063557
I would check the coolant level, make sure its full. I wouldnt think that the computer would try to stop the engine unless it was overheating though.

>>14063799
So the engine did nothing when you tried to start it, didnt turn at all? Battery maybe is low or dead?
>>
>>14063832
Its an older car( 2002) so I dont think it even has a computer. I didnt hear it try to start when I turned the key. Just the red light beside the coolant gauge would flash.
>>
>>14063654
That shit doesn't run until the system hits open-loop, which is at temperature. Just like every other car.
>>
>>14063855
Holy shit are people really this dumb?
Every car since the 80s has had a computer.
You're either 15 or a teen girl, or both.
>>
>>14063855
It definitely has a computer. Was the light just a normal light, or was it a symbol? Im reading that dodges usually put the security light next to coolant temp. The light can either have to do with the chip in the key not being correct, or the battery being low. I would have someone come over and jump start it, or put the battery on a charger. Id say thats the issue.
>>
>>14063980
It was just a solid red light. I checked and each gauge has one next to it.
>>
>>14064031
Have you tried - you know - reading the fucking manual?
>inb4 I don't have it
>>
>>14064031
see
>>14063654
>>
>>14064035
used car. didnt come with it.
>>
>>14064039
see
>>14063862
>>
>>14064046
I knew it.
I knew you're the type of guy who's too lazy to google his own car's manual before opening your own thread to ask your question.
>>
>>14064068
Modern vehicles (ie after 1991) use the CTS all the time, with no exceptions. What you're thinking of is closed-loop operation, but all fuel injection systems need to know the engine temperature for starting and warm up fuel trims. An ECU that thinks it's overheating by a faulty sensor will never provide a rich enough mixture to start a freezing cold engine.

By the way most new cars use factory wideband sensors and control fuel trims right after cold start up.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.