[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get new car two days ago >driving through a street where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nu41u56kiT1qlqua9o1_540.jpg (75KB, 456x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu41u56kiT1qlqua9o1_540.jpg
75KB, 456x810px
>get new car two days ago
>driving through a street where they're doing construction
>pull into parking lot, see bird shit on the hood and walk closer
>realize it's not bird shit but tar
>there's globs and specks of tar all over my fucking hood and windshield

I don't have any car cleaning products at home, is there anything else I can use to get them off without damaging the paint or scratching the windshield?
>>
WD-40
>>
>>14063385
Should I just spray some onto each glob, let it sit, then gently wipe it off? Same for both the hood and windshield?
>>
>>14063402
Pretty much.
You'll obviously have to clean all the WD-40 off the windshield afterwards.
>>
Aircraft remover is my go-to for stuff like this!
>>
>>14063418
Thanks, going to go do that right now. What should I use to wipe it off? Just like an old towel or cloth? Should I wash it down with water afterwards or will a good solid wipe be enough to clear everything off the WD-40?
>>
>>14063434
It's oil. I'd use water and some sort of soap to clean it off. Then wipe dry with a soft cloth.
>>
>>14063484
Okay, I just came back and it didn't really work. It got the globs/chunks off but the tar stains are still there and look really really bad. Don't really have time to look at it now so I'll look at it tomorrow morning more closely. What else can I do when it's really stubborn?
>>
>>14063431
You are an evil mother fucker.

Use prepsol, just keep in mind that it will take off any wax that's protecting your paint also, so you may want to wax it afterward
>>
>>14063551
Use a heat gun. But be careful and patient, you don't want bubbling paint.
>>
>>14063633
>>14063661

Just came back home, stopped by OSH on the way back and bought some Goo-Gone and a car soap + wax mix. Using a combination of the two and the jet setting on my hose I was able to get most of the tar off, save for one small, almost unnoticeable spot on the hood, but it's getting dark out so I'll leave that one till tomorrow. Does tar "set?" Is it harder to remove if you leave it on for a few days? I have to go out of town in a day or two for a week so I might just leave it until then and after getting rid of it give the car a total wash and wax all over.
>>
>>14064375
It likely does take more effort to remove latet
>>
>>14064387
Fuck it, I'll just get up and do it in the morning then. No point in putting it off if it'll only take 5-10 minutes.
>>
>Berkbile 2+2 Gum Cutter
>>
>>14063366

Try pure carnauba wax. It can work to remove spray paint at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5tJb_S-A6g
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.