[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, Looking to buy a new luxury sedan or coupe. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1450122746183.gif (343KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
1450122746183.gif
343KB, 666x386px
Hey /o/,

Looking to buy a new luxury sedan or coupe. I've driven mercedes for over 6 years so I'm getting tires of the E series. Looking to branch out.

Since my profession usually judges you based on your car (attorney) I have to have a 5 series or better, E class or higher, etc. It sucks and it's superficial but one thing I've learned is that if you look like you have money then people will want to give you more business.

My budget is the 60k-80k range and I will be doing a 36 month lease (better for business).

Please offer any advice you have and please keep suggestions with the newest year/body style in mind. Has to be the most recent update.

In return, here's a holiday themed pepe
>>
>>14062828
Not sure if this works for you, but, I just bought a Land Rover Sport. It weighs over 6,000-lbs gross, so it is eligible for accelerated depreciation - 60% in the first year. So in a 40% tax bracket I ended up getting like 16,000 dollars of real money back. Looks pretty good too and drives nice.

G Wagons are also eligible.
>>
>>14062850
Yeah, but the problem with SUV's in my profession is that nobody drives them. It's a niche for soccer mom's and the sort. TBQH I would be happy driving a truck since it's always been a wish of mine to own one but it doesn't fit the profession.

Which is why I'm stuck in sedan/coupe-ville forever
>>
>>14062869
I know this really successful realestate guy who drives this bright yellow custom truck, the thing is completely rediculous and fast but every seems to love it and makes him instantly recognizable.

Fuck the narrative op, buy the crazy car you want and own it.
>>
>>14062828
5-Series are so boring. If you are just doing a 36mo lease, might as well get the Audi to be a little different. But the real choice here would be a Jaguar.
>>
Get a Cadillac. they're right up there with Mercedes but they have a bit of old-school American swagger.
>>
>>14063078
for 60-80k he can get an M5 which isn`t boring
honestly for the price i`d be looking for BMW M cars if you want the most fun new car.. if you want more luxury, get a merc
>>
>>14063109
or this
some reviewers claim the new ATS and CTS are just as fun to drive as the new BMW M cars
>>
>>14063109
Only problem with the CTS is that nobody in the 35 and younger class recognizes the brand. It's an older guy car now/black dude thing. I would love a CTS-V though.

>>14063126
I pretty bored of mercedes... been driving them for years. Sure they're comfy but they're not impressive. Looking at a tesla 85D maybe.

>>14063078
From what I've read online is that the XJ is riddled with annoying problems.

>>14062921
>real estate
>drives something eccentric

That's part of his business though.
>>
>>14063153
I think most people know what Cadillac is. Unless you're in some weird country.
>>
How is the wheelbase on the XF? It looks short from the photos and I can't fit in a car smaller than an E350
>>
>>14062869
Land Rovers you can get away with for sure, but you know your customers better than me.

I'd say an M5 or something then. The Telsa is fun for a few acceleration runs, but after the novelty of those wears off the actual car isn't very fun to drive (I drove one for a week). It's pretty bland and you can really feel the weight of it.

I think you should test drive Porsche, Audi and BMW. See what you like better. Panameras are really nice to drive, and if you hate the look just get it in black. For sure test drive that.
>>
>>14063182
Most people associate cadillac with their old branding rather than the new. They are changing their image though. I'll check out a CTS-V

>>14063191
Yeah Land Rovers are nice but for some reason it's not see as a prestigious car unless you live in California or the East.

Porsche will be too much and Audi's look boring to me. I want to like the Audi but I feel like the tech and look is antiquated.

I'll go check out some BMW's
>>
This is what you're looking for, OP
>>
>>14063153
the Tesla will accelerate hard but thats pretty much it... a BMW would be sharper, more fun to drive
also this >>14063229
>>
>>14063229
This
>>14063220
You're not seriously considering an M5, are you?
>>
>>14063229
Thos are god awful looking, but if you are set on a BMW but want something a little different, that's probably a choice. A 528i would be really boring. If you get a nicer trim with an M package (what do they even make now, 550i?) that would stand out a little more and niggas will be mirin' dem big brakes.

I think you should test drive an A6 or A7 before you settle on the BMW tho. BMW's are nice to drive, but the interior is a little lacking compared to Merc or Jaguar. I haven't been in any real new Audis or Cadillacs recently though so hard to say anything about those interiors.

Are you totally opposed to an Infiniti or Lexus? For that money, you could get a dank LS or Q whatever. Infiniti's bigger sedans have been underrated for awhile.
>>
GET A LEXUS OR A PORSCHE. You can't go wrong with those.
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 800x489px
>>14063302
>>14063220
Are they going to update the Panamera anytime soon? Kinda sucks that people spend all this money on a new car for their image, but it looks old already.
>>
File: 2016_Lexus_GS_F_001.jpg (2MB, 3000x1951px) Image search: [Google]
2016_Lexus_GS_F_001.jpg
2MB, 3000x1951px
If you're looking for a mid-sized luxury sedan, the new GS-F is pretty good. It's not as rough and racey as the M5, but IMO it's a better grand tourer. Personally, I think the new GS-F is the nicest and most unique looking mid-sized luxury sedan, but that's pretty subjective.
>>
>>14063346
I'm not really a fan of Lexus. Not for any particular reason but they just look like nicer Toyotas. Which are great vehicles but not my cup of tea.

>>14063294
>>14063274
>>14063260
6 series looks okay but I'm very new to bmw and from what I understand is that this body style is on its last leg or have they refreshed it recently? Sucks spending 80k on a car that's updated the very next year.

I'll check out the as though.

>>14063321
Porche looks nice but it's rather uncomfortable.
>>
>>14063412
the 2016 6 series coupe is refreshed, not so sure about the gran coupe though
>>
>>14063412
The 5-Series is going to be the same way as the 6-Series. I think that body style is basically the 2011 refresh.

The 6-Series Gran Coupe is slightly newer than a regular 6-Series tho. I think 2013 is the first model year. And they are a little more rare. It will still probably get a redesign in the next year or two though.
>>
>>14063474
The 2016 is the same as the 2015 (coupe and gran coupe) from everything I'm looking at. Looks like MY2017 will be the update.
>>
>>14063513
you can read about the 2016 updates here
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1027309_2016-bmw-6-series-debuts-at-detroit-auto-show-live-photos-video
>>
>>14063321
Cayennes need to be updated to. Those look the same as they did 10 years ago. The 911 method of minor updates works for anything except 911s. Panameras do drive great though
>>
>>14063698
Doesn't work for anything except*
>>
>>14063346
If my lawyer showed up in that I'd know he was a loser.
>>
>>14063474
>>14063486
>>14063513
>>14063538
I'll go check the 6 series out then and make sure they don't do a facelift in 17. I knew a guy who bought the 2013 S550 full price and then they completely rebuilt it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.