[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to sell my car asap. Going to be listing it on craigslist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Craigslist.png (14KB, 1004x307px) Image search: [Google]
Craigslist.png
14KB, 1004x307px
I need to sell my car asap. Going to be listing it on craigslist and am kind of scared of the entire process. Never sold a car on there.

Any advice from those who have sold cars on craigslist before? I know I should buy a counterfit pen but what else should I be looking out for?
>>
Google it.

it's common sense to not get scammed on craigslist.

meet in a public place
don't sell your car to someone you've never met in person

that's pretty much it
>>
>>14061931

It is pretty much common sense.

No paypal or international buyers sending cheques.

Deal with bank drafts, cash, and certified cheques only.

Just remember, first one with the cash wins. Don't "hold a car" for someone unless they give a cash deposit and make it very clear that it's non-refundable ($50-$100 is reasonable imo).

Get ready to deal with people emailing offering shitty trades and less than half the value. Don't reply to them at all, just delete them.

Get ready to have 5 people make all sorts of big plans to meet you and then just disappear like ghosts when the time to meet arrives. Craigslist is full of these garbage people.

If you have "obo" in the price, expect people to haggle and not pay full price. It stands for "or best offer". I'm genuinely surprised how many sellers just put this in the ad and are shocked when I offer less than asking price.
>>
You in NJ, OP? My sebring died so ive been shopping. In any case, get a google voice number to minimize spam. Take well lit pictures. Include mileage. If you leave your license plate in the photos I WILL carfax that shit. If it doesnt match i will not even call. Accidents arent the end of the transaction, be honest with honest people. Be polite but firm. Dont let anyone jerk you around. If you arent getting calls its because the price is shit for the car. And never forget, it's just business.

Good luck homie
>>
>>14062093

I'm in NJ and trying to sell my truck if interested.

Kiksnortrabies
>>
>>14062046
>
If you have "obo" in the price, expect people to haggle and not pay full price. It stands for "or best offer". I'm genuinely surprised how many sellers just put this in the ad and are shocked when I offer less than asking price.

Wait, do they expect people to offer more than they're asking?
>>
>>14062307

Really? What exit?
>>
>>14062321

My guess is that they see a bunch of other people doing it and do it as well without knowing what it means because herd mentality.
>>
>>14062332
>>
>>14062093
>Take well lit pictures. Include mileage

This. If your ad doesn't have pictures it may as well be invisible.

And I mean your own pictures not
>pictures from google but same model and colour
>>
>>14062361

>the rumours that New Jersey is just a big fucking highway are true.
>>
>>14062383
Two. Here, we go by exit numbers for two highways.
At least, in my area we do.
>>
>>14061931
As previously noted, pictures. Front, rear, both sides, and at least one of the interior. Preferably of the drivers side. Anything less and it's obvious you're trying to hide shit.

Disposable email account.

Get a "burner" phone from wal mart and toss it after the car is sold. A surprising number of people will fuck the car up beyond all recognition and then try to call to get their money back. No need to have them be able to blow up your phone trying to scam you.

Bill of Sale. This covers your ass when they don't transfer the title and proceed to kill a family of five. Including the dog.

You might want to meet prospects at walmart or ssomething. Sorta depends. I mean on the one hand if they buy the car they'll have you address since it's on the title. On the other there'll be several prospects looking before somebody buys. On the gripping hand there are a lot of flakes that are "on the way" but somehow never show up.
>>
>>14061931
you WILL GET a shitload of bullshit offers
like would you trade for a gaming pc or laptop

shit like that
>>
Oh, and NEVER travel more than a couple miles to meet a prospect. Either they'll flake out when you're almost there or try to pull some lowballing shit once you arrive. They want the car, they come to you.
>>
>List car
>"I want X dollars"
>Guy offers your X - 10%
>You accept that
>He gives you the money
>You give him the car

If you really want you can do all the legal title bullshit, otherwise just give the title directly to the buyer and he can finish the paperwork himself.
>>
And another thing, NO CHECKS! If that's all they have or just don't feel comfortable carrying large sums, which is understandable, then meet at a bank where THEY cash the check and then give you the cash.

If they bring cash with them you might want one of those counterfeit detection pens too.
>>
>>14062307
Im off exit 140 on the gsp, what kind of truck is this?
>>
>>14063098
I posted a way to contact me already, hit me up there. Faster communication.
>>
>>14061931
Don't let someone convince you that your car isn't worth the asking price. Stick with it and tell them the price isn't negotiable. Make it look nice, clean it inside and out and make sure you clear codes, fix small dents, issues, etc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.