[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you just stick a driveshaft under it and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Oppo PM-3.jpg (324KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oppo PM-3.jpg
324KB, 1000x1000px
Why can't you just stick a driveshaft under it and make a fwd car rwd
>>
>>14061788
Because transverse engine layout.
Now git out.
>>
>>14061789
what makes it transverse
>>
>>14061789
Wrong.
All cars come with a driveshaft but you have to modify the fuses to switch the power input from FWD to RWD
>>
Bullshit!
not Op
But I'll never turn my 5th gen lude into a RWD/AWD car?
Bullshit!
Ultra failed attack!
What the fuck am I going to do? I wanted to become the racer in my Prelude!
>>
>>14061793
Manufacturer designs them that way. Noteable exceptions, are Saab, the Citroen DS and some Audi cars. The Audi longitudinal cars are also available as AWD, so that's pretty easy, just yank the front driveshafts out.

The Saab and the DS are a bit more difficult. You'd also need to put a rear axle in there that can actually transmit power, not the usual dead axle.
>>
>>14061788
My friend unironically tells me to do this to a ford fusion.

"Oh it'll just take an afternoon; you can find a 3.73 rear end in a junkyard and find an old mustang driveshaft and you'll have an AWD car."
>>
>>14061806
why doesnt it w ork
>>
File: honda-civic-1.jpg (60KB, 668x327px) Image search: [Google]
honda-civic-1.jpg
60KB, 668x327px
>front driveshaft removed
>sprocket welded to drive shaft
>kart style rear axle
why do people at like this is a big deal /o/?
>>
File: image.jpg (353KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353KB, 2048x1360px
>>14061789
Are you implying transverse FR cars don't exist? Because they do.
>>
>>14061899
post proof
>>
>>14061948
Brodus Clay wants proof
>>
>>14061793
The fact that the entire fucking engine ins sideways
>>
>>14061891
WAT engineering does it again!
>>
File: evo_ix_eng_500.jpg (40KB, 320x202px) Image search: [Google]
evo_ix_eng_500.jpg
40KB, 320x202px
>>14061948
>Evo IXs donated to the Tokyo Drift production by Mitsubishi were converted to rear-drive drift cars by replacing the differential's output assembly with one that leaves out the splines to drive the front wheels and capping the output holes in the transfer case. The stock transverse-mounted six-speed transmission is left alone, as is the rest of the drivetrain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHVMN5QPXA
>>
>>14061891
Saved
>>
>>14061795
HELP
BULLSHIT
ULTRA FAIL
>>
Because you need to custom design an entire rear subframe to house the differential.
Or mate an existing subframe from another car which requires completely redesigning the rear of the unibody and unibody frame rails.

Then you have to find an engine, transmission, and transfer case that will fit. which could require modification to the front subframe, at the very least you will need custom mounts.

Then you have to modify the floor pan and seat boxes for a driveshaft, and probably modify the exhaust system to fit around the driveshaft.

So you're basically stripping a car down to it's bare shell and re-engineering it from the ground up.
Of course it's been done though. There's a good youtube series of a celica gt-4 drivetrain going into a mini. it's been like 3 years and they haven't even started on the loom.
>>
>>14061987
That's not converting, that's just removing the front shafts.

because AWD can't compete.
>>
>>14062120
why does it need all that new shit
that makes no sense
>>
>>14062163
>that makes no sense
it makes no sense because you've never worked on a car and have no understanding of how they work or how they are put together
>>
>>14062176

ok but i need help man
its bullshit
its understeering sack of SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>14062176
YOU
HELP
NOW
>>
>>14061794
wat
>>
>>14062504
ask nicely
>>
>>14062545
JEWISH?
>>
File: 1431038823845.jpg (89KB, 794x624px) Image search: [Google]
1431038823845.jpg
89KB, 794x624px
>>14062634
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.