[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to a dealer to take care of my ignition system recall on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 20151002_010344-1.jpg (1MB, 2139x2337px) Image search: [Google]
20151002_010344-1.jpg
1MB, 2139x2337px
Went to a dealer to take care of my ignition system recall on my cobalt 2007. After they did it, the buttons on the steering wheel stopped working.( into and enter) Now they say that what they did is completely unrelated to this new problem, and that they will gladly take a look at it, but they will have to charge me if the problem proves to be unrelated. 110$/h... I don't trust them. I'm not an expert on cars, so how can I prove that it's related?
>>
>>14061406

Offer to call GM corporate for them.
>>
Well it was working before you took it to them right? Just tell them it's bullshit and that you either want your money back or that they are going to fix it.

If they continue to be shady, cut your losses and do the shit yourself. It's just an ignition switch.
>>
By calling their bullshit. You have documents proving that work was performed, in the same area where stuff is now going wrong
>>
>>14061406
It's definitely related. One of the techs probably left the clockspring or something unplugged or loose.
>>
>>14061422
>>14061424
That's just it. They say that the area they worked in is on the opposite side of the wiring for the buttons, and that all they did was pull out the ignition switch and put in a new one, programmed 2 new keys and made sure they worked with all the locks. I'd talk back but the only argument I have is "it worked before and Now it doesn't". I'd fix that myself if I knew how, but I lack the knowledge to do so. Anyway, I'll try calling :) corporate like the first reply said and go from there...
>>
>>14061451
god damn phone. i meant calling GM corporate. stupid auto correct.
>>
GM techs are fucking useless OP. When I took my car for the switch replacement they broke a tab off of the bezel that fits around the ignition switch and now there is obvious panel gap. When I pointed it out when I picked it up they said it was already like that and that basically they weren't gonna do anything about it. My advice would be just to fix it yourself rather they let those incompetent fucks mess with it.
>>
>>14061718
>just to fix it yourself rather they let those incompetent fucks mess with it.
this seems to be the sad state of all of auto repair. I loathe getting new tires because mounting them is the only thing I can't do myself.
>>
File: hoist damage.jpg (48KB, 503x421px) Image search: [Google]
hoist damage.jpg
48KB, 503x421px
>>14061751
>loathe getting new tires
Me too. I do all my own work, except mount tires(and perform recalls I guess). It is even worse for me though. The way the factory lifting points are for a 2 post lift on my car, you have to use jacking pucks or some kind of spacers to not crush the fenders. The first time I got tires I stressed this to the point I think the guy at discount tires probably thought I was an autist or something, but I don't care. I am going to need new tires in the next couple of months and I plan on sperging out just as hard to make sure they don't crush the fiberglass fenders.
>>
>>14061751
>>14061817
>tfw pay extra to get my tires mounted at the dealer since they're the only place in this mongoloid town that won't scratch the fuck out of my rims
>>
>>14061751
Depends where you go. A lot of the luxury dealers are alright where I am (especially Lexus service).
>>
Well, called GM. They simply asked if I could prove that the buttons worked before that. How the fuck can i? Not like I recorded a video of it working before... Seems like I'll have to pay of my own pocket for that... Beware of recalls. I wouldn't be surprised if, because a recall is free, they break something else on purpose just to get you to pay for anything.
>>
I made this whole thread and you all fell for it! EPIC!
>>
>>14061406
I took my work Fiesta in to fix the clutch packs in the auto tranny. Now my touchless power window no longer works. Don't know what they did and it's still under warranty so I will have to bring it back. Also, the auto tranny a shit.
>>
File: 1418777102711.jpg (10KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1418777102711.jpg
10KB, 250x228px
>>14063888
>>
>>14063895
Sorry, I meant the one-touch power windows not touchless.
>>
>>14063901
How did they manage this feat?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.