[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you guys ever buy a car with a rebuilt title because of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 5a.jpg (111KB, 876x520px) Image search: [Google]
5a.jpg
111KB, 876x520px
Would you guys ever buy a car with a rebuilt title because of water getting into the engine from the intake?
>>
If it was super cheap and I had the funds to do a complete swap
>>
>>14057148
Its about 10k below market value. Talking about a 30k car here so its selling for 20k. And its in immaculate condition and runs perfectly. Is it worth it?
>>
Flood?
>>
>>14057166
depends, what car is it?
>>
>>14057138
>>14057166
Depends on the car, but yes. Rebuilt title does not dissuade me if it's fairly priced and fixed with love.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 486x720px
>>14057138
No. Not because of the engine, but because of the electronics.
>>
>>14057138
Are you prepared to be on the other side of the coin when you go to sell it?
>>
>>14057365
This

If you are going to drive the car into the ground for the next 10 years, go for it. But if you drive it for 2 years and want to sell it, don't be suprised when people are offering you $7k for a $15k car.

Inspect that bitch thoroughly tho before you buy.
>>
I wouldn't buy any OBD2 car with water damage.

Older cars are simple enough to re-harness in a day if there are any gremlins.
>>
>>14057326
>>14057297
2011 STI

The guy selling it is a mechanic that bought the car at an auction. He says there was little to no water in the engine and has done a full service on it and runs fine. Electronics all functional
>>
>>14057262
Not sure if flood. Looks like the previous owner drove into a body of water while driving and some water got sucked into the intake. Which is strange as a wrx is suppose to be made to go through that kind of stuff i would guess but then again the car is heavily modded. Another possibility is rhe pervious owner wanted a payout from the insurance and did this all purposly.
>>
>>14057689
If water got in the ac forget it, you'll never get that smell out.
>>
>>14057480
a 2011 STI is not a $30,000 car i don't believe
>>
>>14058735

I test drove a 2011 STI with just about 30k miles a couple months ago at a dealership with no intention whatsoever of buying. Sticker was 34k. Strange mechanical burning smell in the rear ended the test drive after 30 min on the road. Gave me an out. Kek
>>
>>14058846
The msrp for a brand new one is $34k

>stealerships
>>
yes but
know that a project will take more money, time, and effort than just buying the same car in running condition. You wont save money, and resale will be shit.
>>
>>14058133
>If water got in the ac
>in the air conditioner
>water in the air conditioner

Do you have any idea how climate a control system works?
Its really not impossible to clean the blower, cabin filter, and evaporator.
>>
>>14058883
Its not a project everything works flawlessly on the car currently and I want to use it as a daily driver when im not on my motorcycle
>>
>>14059405
yeah didnt read thread. Get it bro.

Theres nlittle to worry about if it looks good. But i would do a very very good inspection. Make sure everything was done right and not wired like a 500$ honda civic off craigslist.
Just because the seller is a mechanic doesn't mean he didn't cut corners. Figure out if the seller is a good guy or not, make your purchase based on that too

If you dont mind the loss of resale go for it.
>>
Shit dealerships charging full price for a 5 year old car.. Like the interest isn't enough!
>>
>>14059447
Ive met with him he owns several stis and seems like he takes care of his things. Hes not the typical sti owner. He is a parent and when he started the car he didnt start revving it like a lunatic like most sports car drivers seem to do.

I cant say the same about the previous owner however. Like i said he bought it at an auction cheap, got it running and is now selling it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.