/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality Check: unless you're part of the 1%, you won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: home-where.jpg (166KB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
home-where.jpg
166KB, 1440x800px
Reality Check: unless you're part of the 1%, you won't be owning or driving your own personal car in 20 years.

>self-driving cars
>car sharing
>urban car bans
>bifurcating incomes

Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
20 years? Maybe in urope. America is fucking huge, do you have any idea?
>>
>>14056707
how does this make sense
>>
>>14056707
>Live in the rural South

Yeah nah it'll take like 100 to push that all through the nooks and crannies of the US.
>>
>>14056707
nah

they wont do shit until they ban all the guns
and good luck with that
>>
People who live way out in the boonies will be in a tough spot, since they'll be forced to spend a much higher fraction of their income on transportation vs. the great majority of people who will just 'rent' transportation from a self-driving car fleet. Real incomes will likely decline (since employers will be able to get away with paying people less, since their cost of living will have gone down) which will affect people in the sticks too, so it'll be even worse.
>>
>>14056768
>every country in the world has the same dumb fuck gun laws as america
>>
>>14056768
>implying its not already happening
>guns must be de-constructed in DC
>guns cant hold bullets in Cali

Its happening.
>>
>>14056707
I'd say in a 100 years cars will start to be a rare sight in most places. Urban design and planning will have to change drastically, to facilitate the end of private automobile ownership.
>>
>>14056707
maybe in build up cities and urban centers.

also some countries already ban cars older than 10 years from the cities
>>
ITT: we make far-fetched conclusions about the future and disregard that humans are TERRIBLE about predicting societal constructs over the span of decades.
>>
File: 1449692412025.jpg (84KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1449692412025.jpg
84KB, 500x697px
>mfw part of the 1%

You don't have to have money to realize you're a fucking imbecile. Maybe in small yuropoor cities cars will be banned, just as they are today in some places, but America and Australia are HUGE countries, and cars are a symbol of freedom of both. You can't take public transportation to Zion Valley or the Grand Canyon, nor can you cross one of the largest countries on earth without your own personal car.

My job has me driving to various port cities all across the eastern seaboard and Gulf of Mexico. Thousands upon thousands miles a week. Some little muppet car with a range of a couple miles isn't going to cut it.

Simply put, OP you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>14056788
>gun laws
>good
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>14056983
there is a higher chance of getting shot in america than in europe, japan, australia or canada

>b-but muh freedumbs
>>
>>14056707
Reality Check: Coup d'etat and revolution is still a viable option.

Better dead than Red.
>>
File: 1443273766690.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443273766690.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>14057000
>self driving ars are communism

how does it feel to be fucking stupid?

do you also wash your clothes by hand or avoid using a blender?
>>
>>14056707
20 years is pretty far fetched OP. 20 years from now well still have ice powered vehicles around
>>
>>14056991
Is getting shot worse than getting stabbed?
>>
>>14056958
This. The economy would grind to a halt in like 80% of the US without cars.
>>
>>14057017
yes

to get stabbed the murder needs to get near you, you can get shoot from several meters away
>>
>>14056707
>the 1%
Come on bro there are blue collar working stiffs that own their own race car.

>>14057021
Personally I'd much rather have a gun and face criminals with guns than have a knife and face criminals with knives. In a knife fight the loser dies on the street, the winner dies in the hospital.
>>
>>14057021
There is literally no correlation between numbers of guns and murder rates.
>>
>>14057021
You know how cucked you've got to be where you think not having access to the ultimate equalizer is somehow a good thing?
Even that faggot Carl Marx believed taking away guns was a bad think you stupid eurocuck
>>
>>14057005
The system OP's implying is just another version of Communism where the 99% don't have shit and the Party lead.... Ahem Super Rich have everything.

Why do you think Putin has instituted a Oligarchy in russia? Becuase its the same shit as communism with money.
>>
>>14057053
>this post

kek
>>
>>14057060
>le black and white meme
>either you are allowed to own every gun you want or you cant even own a knife

kek

>>14057063
>in the current system only the 1% can own supercars
>somehow this is communism

double kek
>>
>>14057064
>Oh shit a no gun zone sign
>I cant possible shoot up this place!
>>
>>14056991
>mocking freedom
Mohammed pls
>>
>>14056991
>dat bait

here we go
>>
>>14057064
It's true. I'd post the charts but I don't have them on my phone.
>>
>>14057075
Europe is absolutely fucked with its gun laws, you can barely own a BB gun let alone a gun, so I'm not saying black and white, I'm saying it's better in America than Europe in regards to gun laws you stupid asshole.
>>
File: 6e9.png (127KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
6e9.png
127KB, 300x500px
>>14057077
>schools in europe, australia, japan and other developed nations are no gun zones
>less school shootings than in america
>>
>>14057086
Not all of Europe. Finland and Czech Republic are pretty ok.
>>
>>14057086
>it's better in America than Europe
then why is there a higher chance of getting shot in america than in certain parts of europe?
>>
>>14057088
>schools are no gun zones
>this is why there are no shootings there

As if the criminal gets a gun then goes to the school and sees the sign "no gun zone" then turns around and goes home. He will murder children but he will not enter a no gun zone.
>>
>implying the inevitable race war with the muslims won't push self-driving cars back for at least 50 years
>>
File: englandyes.jpg (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
englandyes.jpg
103KB, 640x480px
>>14056991
>>
>>14057103
>make it harder for the crazy ass virgin criminal to get a gun
>he cant shoot schools anymore

it took breiverik like 8 months to finally be able to get his gun btw
>>
>>14057086
I live in Germany, and getting a gun (including semi-auto rifles with no caliber or mag cap, or semi-auto handguns) is about as hard as getting a car.
>get hunting license (costs as much time and money as a driving license)
>buy gun online
>have gun registered (actually a lot easier and cheaper than registering a car)
>>
>>14057123
Then it's too hard to get both cars and guns.
>>
>>14057115
>ban guns
>Knife Murders increase 2000%
>>
>>14057094
Higher chance of getting shot isn't the same as higher chance of being murdered. If guns are more available obviously criminals are going to use them instead of something else. Also when looking at gun death statistics remember to subtract all the ones that are just suicides too. America is a big place, there are some cities where the violent crime rate is pretty damn high. Ironically enough usually the very liberal ones with a lot of diversity and really restrictive gun control. There are cities where it isn't so high too. The violent crime rate seems to correlate a lot more closely with diversity and income disparity than what the gun laws are like.
>>
>>14057121
>guns are illegal
>suddenly criminals cant get them

You can print guns these days, you know that right?
>>
>>14057150
There's lots of red tape for everything.
Cause we like it that way.
>>
>>14057184
printed guns break

>>14057170
>Higher chance of getting shot isn't the same as higher chance of being murdered.

kek
>>
>>14057193
It's like you've just turned your brain off intentionally.
>>
>>14056991
there is a higher chance of having the innate freedom to own firearms than in europe, japan, australia, or canada
>>
>>14057319
Most antigunners are hopeless, anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>14056707

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uukZgfHZIoc
>>
File: turning-in-guns.jpg (70KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
turning-in-guns.jpg
70KB, 500x335px
>>14057121
nigga have you ever been to america there is like one gun for every person. you ban them all tomorrow and they will still be widely available
>>
>new technology will come to the 99%
>old technology will be concentrated exclusively in the hands of the 1%

Yes, that's exactly how that works.
>>
>>14060081
Not to mention the riots and insubordination.
>>
Energy crunch will force almost every one to live in dense towns and cities. using electric rail, walking, and bicycles. Electric cars and motorbikes will exist, but owning one while living inside the dense cities will be prohibitively expensive for the working class. cars and trucks that burn fuel will be limited to commercial vehicles and by permit to rural residents.
>>
>>14060105
America becomes Europe 2.0
no pls no
>>
>>14057897
>muh freedoms
the why does america have the highest percentage of incarcerated people per capita?

>>14060030
>you are an antigunner if you dont agree with retards owning guns
>>
>>14060119
more like Japan 2.
>>
>>14060121
>the why does america have the highest percentage of incarcerated people per capita?

Democrats trying to be tough on crime.
>>
>>14060121
Who gets to decide who is and isn't a "retard"?
>>
>>14060131
>almost all weapons banned
>those that aren't are unreasonably tough to get
>prohibitively expensive to drive an old car
Kill me now
>>
>>14056707
To be honest, I'd only seeing it going as far as cars being banned in city centers and there being more buses/trams and trains to the city center. It'd make more walking areas and a 3 lane road one each way and one for emergency vehicles instead of 4-6 lanes on the main city streets. As cities become increasing busier this will get closer to happening
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.