[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you drive fast, or slow? Are you aggressive, or passive? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

File: w-RoadRage_promo.jpg (34KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
w-RoadRage_promo.jpg
34KB, 480x316px
Do you drive fast, or slow?
Are you aggressive, or passive?
Do you like to pass everyone up, or just sit in the right lane going 5 over the limit?

I have a 35 one way drive to work. Speed limit is 60, everyone is going 75-80 except semi trucks, and the occasional asshole going the speed limit slowing everyone around them down.

Got a new car, shit is getting awful gas mileage doing what I do. Going 80-90 the entire way, passing everyone up, I get 22 mpgs. Car is rated for 32
Said fuck it, and started to drive "slow"
Set cruise, sit at 65 in a 60, getting 32-35mpgs now.
Get to work 10 minutes later, but save on gas.

What I did notice that this is very, and I mean very relaxing just sitting in the right lane and occasional passing up someone.
When I drove like I did before I got so infuriated with cunts in the left lane either not passing, passing slow as hell, not moving over. I would flash my lights, honk at them, flip them off. Yell at them. Just work myself up.

But all of this week I've been driving like a grandpa. I dont have to get all worked up with cunts hogging the left lane.
I personally dont like being passed by faster traffic, to me that feels wrong, but fuck it. Sitting in the right lane, driving "slow" on the highway is much more relaxing. And I feel better at work. Even at 5 over the limit, I still pass up slow ass cunts.
>>
I'm a bit of a mix. Aware of my surroundings, but a frequent passer because I speed but don't camp the left lane. If I'm just cruising for fun, I sit in the right lane at the limit and relax.

I do get irritated by left lane campers, though, because there's always somebody doing 10 under the right lane that slows down even more if you creep up on them, and lane campers make it impossible to pass.
>>
>>14056455
just cruise bout 5-10 above the speed limit at all times desu unless im in a 25 zone cause kiddies crossing streets etc
>>
Someone just needs to come up with an app that shames people who drive ignorantly. It not only causes traffic to be backed up, but is actually dangerous.
>>
Mostly passive, given Houston is full of retarded mexicans and big trucks, nobody uses their signals, and people will pull out in front of you.

So I sit in the right, and get over one lane for on-ramps. But when I'm outside of Houston, where everyone is super slow, hauling tractors, I drive aggressively.
>>
File: mercedes-benz-bmw-logo-635x360.jpg (30KB, 635x360px) Image search: [Google]
mercedes-benz-bmw-logo-635x360.jpg
30KB, 635x360px
>>14056455
When I'm alone, I will speed around, I'm usually trying to get somewhere.
I'll drive aggressively but not in a manner that should really bother people too much. I go fast usually 5-30(depends on how empty the road is or how fast traffic is) and I pass but i don't weave though traffic if it's too think. I try my best not to cut people off or tail people. But people think I'm a bigger asshole than I am since it's a BMW.

If I have people in my car I got usually 5-10 over and don't do as much passing.
I'm focusing more on safety, and enjoying people's company.
>>
File: bike filter2.jpg (8KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
bike filter2.jpg
8KB, 269x187px
I usually go the speed appropriate for the road, which is often over the speed limit but an open road with very mild curves to it going 40mph is fucking boring.

As I've got older I've learned its best to just chill if you're running late and in traffic because there is fuck all you can do about it, unless I'm on my motorbike and then I take no prisoners.
>>
>>14056517
This desu
Cops hide in busy 25 zones all the time
>>
>>14056517
And faggoty speed cameras
>>
>>14056455
I am usually the fastest driver on a street at any given time, except for the occasional BMW.

I drive quite fast, especially around corners, but I'm not really agressive at all. I don't tailgate or cut people off or try to squeeze through gaps that don't exist when merging in.
>>
>>14056865
I also drive the same way whether I'm in a hurry or not. This means that when my mother is my passenger she asks "why are you in such a hurry?" even if I'm completely relaxed.
>>
>>14056455
I usually drive like an old man and I agree with you 100% that it's much more relaxing. I don't care if others pass me, that's what the left lanes are for, and that's why I'm in the right lane.
>>
i'm the dude in the right lane going 60mph enjoying 40mpg in my corolla shit box.

in my LS swapped trans am, a fucking maniac.
>>
I always drive fast wherever I go. I like to think that I'm a passive driver though, because if someone is going slow in my lane, I either pass them after signalling to go in the other lane, or I just calmly wait until they move or speed up.
>>
Always full throttle because no power shitbox
Who else bent their gas pedal here ?
>>
File: ç.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
ç.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>14056455

granny driving ftw
>>
>>14056455
I try my best to not be near others on the road

I'm happy when I've got my own patch of clear air, even if I'm driving slowly
>>
If I'm near other people, I drive as fast as the guy in front of me, and very cautiously. Once I'm alone, 50mph over the speed limit all day.
>>
If I am familiar with the area i'm driving in then I'll be much more free-spirited, if not then I just keep up with traffic or lag behind a bit
>>
I drive with purpose. If I'm on the road, I have somewhere to be, so I'm driving quickly but defensively. I always signal early and wait for someone to let me in if there's traffic, otherwise I just stay aware of nearby vehicles and drive in such a manner that allows me to get where I'm going as soon as possible without requiring others to change in speed or direction.
>>
File: image.jpg (376KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376KB, 2048x1365px
welcome to the chill lane, brother.
we'll see you out there...
>>
File: end.jpg (28KB, 301x368px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
28KB, 301x368px
Depends, I generally drive 5 over on populated roads until the speed limit's 65, then I'll drive at 79 to avoid reckless driving charges.

On country roads out in the boonies that I've driven before I'll drive as fast as the road lets me, but I top out at around 100 just because I normally go for those types of drives at night and the roads are too windy to risk going faster with my shit headlights.

Speaking of which, anyone seen a sign like this that's not after a construction zone or something similar? On one of my favorite roads there's a ~40 mile stretch where there's just no speed limit signs, and leading into it both ways there's one of these signs. Other end has an "end 40 mile speed" sign, so the only thing I can figure is that there's just legitimately no speed limit on the road.
Never seen the sign on any other road, though.
>>
>>14056455
I drive however I feel like it. I'm good at maneuvering my long ass limo jag so I pull a lot of stupid shit like weaving through small roundabouts or doing a u turn with traffic, or stomping on the gas at lights for the fuck of it. Usually I'm cruising at 10 over in the right lane, since driving is all that can relax me.
>>
File: Skyline_R32_Ute.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Skyline_R32_Ute.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>14056455
>Speed limit is 60, everyone is going 75-80 except semi trucks
Is this a normal thing in the USA? Nobody does this in Australia, pretty much everyone sits at the limit on major highways because of the point to point averaging cameras.
>>
Outside of city limits:
>Consistently speed (10-20 over)
>Pass when road has a white line passing zone (splits to two lanes)
>Don't usually pass on yellow passing zones

In city limits:
>Go speed limit always
>Drive passively
>Always in right lane

Highways:
>20 over
>Usually in left lane
>Move to right if someone's behind me
>>
Passive but fast. I won't get irritated if I can't go fast, but I'll be happy if I can.
>>
>slow
>passive
>1 under

I see all kinds of videos where people get all worked out because someone pulled out in front of them and they had to hit the brakes. I never get like that, I just calmly adjust and keep it chill.
>>
File: 1400510071106.png (13KB, 528x424px) Image search: [Google]
1400510071106.png
13KB, 528x424px
>>14059853
>tfw the state I live in ruled speed cameras and red light cameras unconstitutional
>Also passed a law saying it doesn't count as running a red if you're over the white line when it turns
>>
File: 1443244002096.jpg (98KB, 423x608px) Image search: [Google]
1443244002096.jpg
98KB, 423x608px
Entirely depends on the time

In rush hour I try to play a game of don't come to a full stop. Always signal and try to be nice to people.

When it's minimal traffic and pretty clear of cops I just drive like 10-15 over the limit.

When I'm on farm roads in the middle of nowhere I drive like an asshole because I know I can.

>>14056562
>Houston
you see that shit about the retard who did a wedding proposal on I-45
>>
I tried the grandpa driving for a while because I figured it would be less stressful and I could just kind of chill everywhere I went. Lasted maybe two weeks before I got annoyed at it and went back to driving my normal way.

I speed everywhere except in school/neighborhood zones. On the highway/freeway I do 85mph pretty much the whole time. My MPG's suffer, but I don't care enough to stop doing it.
>>
>>14056455
It's all about not tailgating. I don't drive too close to the vehicle in front, ever.

So the reason why is drive so slowly in busy traffic is just because I just want to keep a reasonable distance from whoever's in front, even if it's the asshole who was just behind me two seconds ago.

The other reason is yes, it's just a lot more relaxing. Especially when I drive high , I just give zero fucks. I slowly roll up to red lights so as to minimise my use of the brakes. And people are weirded the fuck out by why I'm travelling one third the speed limit because they can't look even 100 metres ahead to see there's a fucking red light which we don't even have to stop for if you just go easy on the fucking loud pedal.

As soon as traffic has gotten out of my way I go 10 over the speed limit, something like that. I find that 2/3s of the people driving around me tend to relax and increase their following distance too once they pass me and see I give zero fucks. But there is a small percentage who seem ashamed of the way their driving, or some of them are just plain maniacs and they begin weaving lanes and tailing and all that shit to get further in front of me either to prove some dumbass point or to get away from me ridiculing them from behind.

Funnily enough, I had a new Range Rover driving behind me for a long time today on my way home. He ended up in front of me too after a while then I overtook him again but he kept pretty much as big a distance as I was. I was shocked until I saw it was a dude driving
>>
What if you are passive and drive fast
>>
>>14059869
Not him but also a Houstonfag (>>14059858) and that shit makes my blood boil.

>she did not give us "permission" to write about the divorce.
>
>When we asked if Valladares got "permission" to shut down the Gulf Freeway on Sunday, she hung up.

BTFO by Houston Press
>>
Oh and I forgot to mention mileage. Fucking amazing. This car I'm driving right now... I didn't know cars could get the rated fuel economy in the real world... and under 6l/100 kays (40mpg). Fuck me.
My previous care had the same amount of cylinders but used more than twice the fuel
>>
>>14059853
Here in California at least, speed cameras are illegal. CVC 21455.6(c), see also the speed trap section: 40801.
>>
>>14059868
>>14059923
That's just bizarre. It's crazy to imagine living in a place where you can go over the speed limit and not have your license taken for it.
>>
>>14059929

In parts of AZ (Glendale) they can take you straight to jail for doing 25mph over.
>>
>>14059929
Well, technically speaking, the speed limit in California is (below 55 mph) "reasonable and prudent" per the Basic Speed Law. Meaning speed limit signs are, in theory, guidelines. On the freeway where the limit becomes absolute, the signs say "MAXIMUM SPEED" instead of "SPEED LIMIT." Unless one of the Mexicans working with Caltrans fucked up the sign.

In my city, most people follow the speed limits on city streets in no small part because they're set by traffic engineers instead of money-hungry legislators. The whole 85th percentile thing. Google it.
>>
>>14059929
In Canada you're expected to speed. Up there if you don't go at least 110km in an 80km zone, your ass is getting passed by everybody. Highway limits are 100 but everyone goes 150
>>
>>14059869
I was stuck in that traffic.

Even though he fucked around for about 15 minutes pulling that stunt, traffic clogged up for HOURS. I was fucking livid when I got home and found out I-45 was closed because of that selfish cunt.
>>
>speed cameras on nearly every road in my city
>tfw always do the exact speed limit so i dont get a ticket
>make people who speed mad as fuck as an added bonus
>typically they lose their temper at going the speed limit and overtake me at lightning speed
>then up ahead a speed camera gets them
>just sit back and imagine them banging on the steering wheel and swearing
>tfw this happens every day

So why do you all speed when it means you're going to rack up speeding tickets?
>>
>>14060182
>Speed Cameras
Holy shit. I thought red light cameras were bad enough. Where do you live that they have speed cameras enforcing people?
>>
10 over in the right lane. If someone is slow I'll pass them. If someone is tailgating me I'll just let off the accelerator until they move over.
>>
All I want to do is set cruise at 63 in 55 during rush hour and camp out in the right lane. If people go way too slow in either lane and prevent me from doing this, then I get pretty pissed off.
>>
>>14061245
>Where do you live that they have speed cameras enforcing people?
Anywhere in the world that isn't the USA or Canada.

Signed

-rest of the world
>>
I drive 10 over everywhere here in Georgia, but never to the detriment of other's safety. I pass people unless I meet someone going the same speed as I am. Then I just lay back and cruise at a safe open distance behind them.
>>
>>14061314
Fuck the rest of the world.

-Glorious United States of America.
>>
I go the speed limit on most roads. 5-10mph over on highways/interstates because everybody else is. Unless the person in front of me is driving terribly slow, I only speed up to pass if it's a tractor trailer or some truck hauling things cause I don't want to die if something comes loose. I'm no aggressive, but seeing women driving always pisses me off. They're always texting, doing makeup, eating, etc. Literally every week at my Uni there's fender benders in the parking lots.
>>
File: 74_8_thumb.jpg (117KB, 560x747px) Image search: [Google]
74_8_thumb.jpg
117KB, 560x747px
>>14061334
>>
>>14056455
drive a defender, not fast enough to overtake anyone, makes you a really relaxed driver
>>
Usually 5 or 10 kph over in the city, unless its snowy/icy/wet in which case I'll stay the limit or even slower. If it's on the highway, I'll go 10 or 15 over unless I need to save on gas. If I'm on a nice long road out of the city with no traffic in site, I'll usually have fun at 40 to 70 over just for a few minutes, for fun.
>>
5-10 over any speed limit unless I know theres s cop somewhere along ny route. Agressive in traffic because fuck LA and SD traffic. Seriously someone fron Dan Diego are you guys retarded? Why the fuck are we going 50 on a 65 with 10 car lengths between every fucking car.
Only been pulled over 2 times.
1. 85 in the slow lane going around traffic trying to get to school. Signed for ticket, it never showed up so I dodged that bullet.
2. Not moving over or slowing down for highway patrol on shoulder.(was going 85 slowed to 73 speed limit was 70) No tickets so he let me go since I was in Nevada going from California to Idaho to get back to trade school.
>>
>>14061338
She'd be beautiful without the big fake titties.
>>
>>14056455
What car did you get?
>>
>>14056809
Lol faggot
>>
I never get mad at drivers, I don't even honk ever.

Getting mad ruins your line
>>
>>14060063
This
In Richmond, you will get tailgated if you aren't doing at least 70. When the limit turns to 80, everyone goes 120. Oddly enough, on the freeway which is 120, people tend to stick fairly close to that or just tremendously speed at 200+ km/h. Shit is kek
>>
On highways I do the speed limit (70 mph), keep in middle or right lane mostly, will use the left lane if I need to overtake. If there is someone behind me in the left lane I move over.

In the city I'm passive, take things gently. There's no advantage of driving aggressively within the city.
>>
>>14056455
Depends on the car
When I'm in my miata or in my sister shitbox, I drive quite aggressively
But when I'm in my classic, or in a "more luxury" car, I enjoy the ride and don't speed up
>>
>>14056455
Back when I had my first car, an E46, I'd drive somewhat aggressively. When I got my current car, things changed. It's much more enjoyable to listen to music while going 'at' or 'just above' the limit.

That being said, when my boss hands me the keys to his 2013 BMW 650i, I usually accelerate rather aggressively(to the limit) since that thing is such a fucking beast.
>>
>>14056455
>Do you drive fast, or slow?
Slow. Slow, light car. Outside cities I do below limits.
>Are you aggressive, or passive?
Passive. Yet habe to rev the engine to keep up with traffic, so as a passenger you'd tell I'm aggressive.
>Do you like to pass everyone up, or just sit in the right lane going 5 over the limit?
Pass buses and other shit slower than me. I'd like to chill but sadly it's a manual shitbox.
>>
>>14059863
That type of situation you describe is inevitable wherever I drive, but I am always a lot more angry when it happens to me on the dual carriageway / motorway because of the higher speeds involved
>>
Im usually doing 10+ over the limit.
How aggressive I am depends on how pissed off or annoyed I am that day. Which is poor form, but I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>14056455
When im on the highway I have to go the speed limit.

I HAVE TO as I have a prayer for judgement for past speeding violations. If I fuck up one more time I get the last ticket plus the new one and probably lose or get my license suspended.

I was in the slow lane and going 60 in a 60 and had basically everyone riding my ass. Some fat whore in a Mercedes SUV was flashing lights at me.

Im in the slow lane, go fuck yourself, I just held up the middle finger till they went around.

im not going to loose my license so you kikes can go 10 over.
>>
>>14061893
>SUV
Either this or letting woman get a driving license should have never existed.
>>
Somewhat aggressive but it's usually just to get away from retards and other mouthbreathers that shouldn't be on the road.

>teens texting
>soccermoms in roadtank SUVs
>wetbacks and city workers doing 10 under everywhere since they're on the clock.
>senior citizens in general

The list goes on. I love finally having a car with enough power to easily put some distance between myself and them.
>>
>>14061908
man, I saw a woman in her early 20s driving a Ford Expedition on the highway at about 75-80mph. Her head was quite literally pointed down at her phone(presumably on her lap) and she'd occasionally look at the road...
>>
>>14061921
not that I dont think women shouldn't drive, but man they are usually the worst when it comes to phones and driving...
>>
File: creep.jpg (112KB, 1227x649px) Image search: [Google]
creep.jpg
112KB, 1227x649px
OP here. Today I was running late for work, and drove like my usually self.
I must have popped a fucking blood vessel in my forehead dealing with like 10 retards hogging the left lane.
this one cunt was going straight up 5 under the limit in the left lane. like 10 fucking cars behind her pilling up, two semis in the other lanes so they cant pass up.

I when I finally got the opportunity to pass her up, I actually wedged myself behind her and the retard who was tailgating the SHIT out of her.
started flashing my lights. no response.
started honking. Nothing
using hand gestures. nadda
nothing, didnt look in the mirror, didnt brake check me, nothing. just continued doing 55 in a 60.
fucking passed her on the right and called her a nigger. which she was. fucking entitled coons.
everyone else passed her up finally. a few people honked.

goddamn I almost had a stroke. yeah. I cant deal with these tards anymore. driving aggressively is a fucking workout.

pic semi related.
>>
>>14059746
muh nigga. this is how it should be.
good job anon!
>>
>>14059210
dont do that shit, I bet I have less power than you but holy shit does it kill the MPG and gives you same acceleration as half throttle
>>
>>14056455
This is actually super interesting.

I used to drive just like you, passing everyone, etc and then i switched and started hypermiling, so basically going even slower than you, 5 under the speed limit. I can confirm it's definitely very relaxing, and it's much more enjoyable when you decide to speed again one day a week, doing it daily isnt as much fun.
>>
>>14059878
>The other reason is yes, it's just a lot more relaxing. Especially when I drive high , I just give zero fucks. I slowly roll up to red lights so as to minimise my use of the brakes. And people are weirded the fuck out by why I'm travelling one third the speed limit because they can't look even 100 metres ahead to see there's a fucking red light which we don't even have to stop for if you just go easy on the fucking loud pedal

fucking hate people who do that. fine if you're alone, but fuck you if your holding up traffic.

some people may want to make a right turn at the light, or just get in front of the line, and you're preventing that.

I mean I slow down and roll to red lights too, but not to a point where I'm holding back. if there is a car on my ass, I wont be rolling to a light unless there is no where to go but straight. or a no turn on red sign is there. that way i cant possibly hold anyone up
>>
>>14062122
This and also when retards leave a full car length ahead at a red and I can't get into the turning lane in time for the light
>>
>>14062087
This is me
Drive 1k a week and have no patience for bad drivers. Aka Canadians, women, old people, left lane campers and truckers.
Basically anyone without commercial plates is driving too slow.
>>
>>14056455

I'v seen almost everyone in this thread say the same thing, semi-fast in open road and normal + passive in busy traffic

i must be insane but this is what i do

>Do you drive fast, or slow?
I drive fast when theres lots of cars around, lots of things to go around or avoid. THIS MEANS that my 'fast' is like 15km/h faster than flow of traffic which is moving at like 40km/h in a 50 zone. So no ones gonna die if anyone fucks up.

Once the roads open up and the speed limits go up i drop ultra slow, at this point all fun is gone, you speed you die, so i fall back to getting maximum MPG, 5 under the limit, coasting everywhere, trying to hit every green light and not using any braking

>Are you aggressive, or passive?
Aggressive in heavy traffic, passive when no ones around.

>Do you like to pass everyone up, or just sit in the right lane going 5 over the limit?

Pass everyone when under 80km/h limit
Sit in right lane when on highways unless legitimately in hurry which is almost never.
>>
>>14062122
>>14062141
Are your turning lanes that small?
I cant imagine how this works, if you're turning right and theres a car infront of you and theres no dedicated right turn lane then you cant do it... you need to wait for the first car (him) to move out of the way before you can turn anyway?
>>
File: qt.jpg (44KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
44KB, 400x300px
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.