[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wealthy parents want to get me a car, /o/. Their maximum budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 4L_5xt5vjos.jpg (65KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
4L_5xt5vjos.jpg
65KB, 640x483px
My wealthy parents want to get me a car, /o/. Their maximum budget is roughly $30,000. Straight from the stealership. I can basically choose whatever I want, as long as it's not a van or minivan, because my father is a sports car enthusiast and hates them. I know that may not make much sense, but it's not up to me.

I'm looking for something:
>4WD/AWD (I live in the mountains and it's winter)
>Manual transmission
>Not a sedan or a very small vehicle (I'm like 6'3" and I absolutely hate driving in small cars)
>Reliable
>Off-road capabilities (dirt/sand roads, forest service roads, but nothing extreme like climbing up rocks and driving through mud)
>Can sleep in during long road trips and camping trips (this is key)

I'm sure this will elicit some angry responses, but whatever.

TL;DR: Wealthy parents want to get me car, max budget is $30k, what should I choose
>>
>what car iz gud

this is /o/ not yahoo answers
>>
>>14053169
F82 BMW 4 Series if slightly used.
2 Series if new.
>>
>>14053169
I'd say the Ford Focus Rs when it comes out but you might consider it small. Besides that it does everything on the list
>>
>>14053428
I don't think there are any manual transmission BMW's anymore.
>>
From your OP it really sounds like you're asking for us to recommend you a Subaru. I think they're pretty much the only one's still making AWD sedans/wagons with stickshifts.

People are gonna tell you to get a WRX, but I say just go with a cheap Impreza hatch. A wrecks is too nice to be throwing around snowy mountain roads, and it's a lot easier to sleep in the back of an impreza hatch.

If those are too small for you, you might have to look at some of the cheaper crossovers that might have avaliable stickshifts.
>>
>>14053169
Ford Transit Connect.
>>
>>14053489
Not sure about the US but both of those I mentioned have manual either as standard or NCO here.
>>
>>14053516
checking back... the only other 4wd/awd things avalibable with a stickshift, that you might be able to sleep in, are the Jeep Renegade & Liberty. The Renegade is the nicest Fiat 500 you can buy, but that's not saying much. The Patriot might be more acceptable.

I'd check out the Impreza first and see if it's too cramped for you, before going down the sad road of jeepdom.

>>14053527
In the US, the entire BMW lineup is automatic-only, and the cheapest AWD BMW starts at $35,000 anyway, which blows his budget.
>>
Subaru forester
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 800x536px
U S E D
S
E
D

S T I
T
I

you can get a 2005 like in pic related for 10k USD (where I am anyway) but if your parents insist on buying new, get a wrx. Goof luck anon, I hope you go with one of the two
>>
File: 19hat1s6grf66jpg.jpg (958KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
19hat1s6grf66jpg.jpg
958KB, 1200x700px
Jeep renegade, Jeep Wrangler, Chevy Colorado
>>
Buy something good used for less than 20k, then work over it with the remainder of your cash and fix/replace worn out parts. You'll know your car well afterwards and know it's all in good shape having seen it with your own eyes.
>>
>>14053577
Wow, according to the website you can get one with a stick. I've never seen one equipped that way in real life, though... and none of my local dealers have one in inventory with a stick. Maybe OP's area has better dealers than mine.
>>
>>14053616
You missed the part about where the people paying for the car are insisting on dealer new?
>>
>>14053638
oh, that sucks
>>
>>14053648
I agree.
>>
>>14053638
Your best bet is a wrangler jku or a Subaru XV Crosstrek if you insist on awd and manual.
>>
>>14053629
Pretty sure they stopped making a stick forester in 09, but maybe that's just the xt.

My 06 forester xt fits all those reqs. Too bad it's gotta be dealer new...
>>
File: wrxsti.jpg (91KB, 646x396px) Image search: [Google]
wrxsti.jpg
91KB, 646x396px
>>14053169
Go to >>>/o/

Get a base model Subaru WRX. Rally car, practical, reliable, new 268hp boxer is pretty good, not a "small car." If the sedan part bothers you too much, get a wagon version from last year.
>>
File: dur.va.png (72KB, 155x193px) Image search: [Google]
dur.va.png
72KB, 155x193px
>>14053737
Wait this is /o/ why did I think this was another board

fug
>>
>>14053169
There's only 2 vehicles I can think of that fit all that criteria.
Subaru Impreza WRX hatchback (2008-2013)
Suzuki SX4 (2007-2012).

Between the 2, I prefer the Suzuki, but the Subaru will be easier to find.
Both cars are very off-road capable, as both made names for themselves in the World Rally Championship.

If you want brand new... there isn't really anything that fits your criteria...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.