[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Neons reliable DD's? I've been thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
Are Neons reliable DD's?

I've been thinking about buying a sub 2k neon but I'm not sure what problems they have. I Also want to eventually turn it into a Rallyx car.

Any tips?
>>
File: Untitled.png (322KB, 706x877px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
322KB, 706x877px
>>14043945
They arent reliable. Go for a Civic, its superior in literally every way.
>>
File: Dodge Neon.png (28KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
Dodge Neon.png
28KB, 600x541px
The Dodge Neon is the least reliable car that money can buy.
>>
>>14043951
What the heck is a 'gas saver' ?
>>
>>14043951
That was my other option, I'm just not sure on what model to choose since there's so many of them.
>>
>>14043945
Chryslers are notorious for shit quality. I think many people can back me up on this
>>
>>14043945
HORRIBLE. My dad bought two. They are shit piles. The ACR is fun to race if you strip it and make it a TRACK ONLY car. That's about it.
>>
Their dipstick was wrong(like a Mustang) , everybody over filled their cars with oil and then engines started to become kill. If you buy them from somebody who knew this, the engine is fine.
>>
>>14043968
but a sentra or a prelude.
>>
I don't understand, my 2000 Highline with the 3 speed auto never treated me wrong, I bought it with 70k miles 4 years ago and aside from replacing the radiator I haven't really had any issues except shitty mileage due to the horrid trans
>>
>>14043945
Hey op, I own a 1998 Neon, manual transmission. There autos such ass, so do the 2000 to 2003. They aren't as unreliable as people say. Been driving mine for a year. No major problems. Just oil changes and maintenance.
>>
>>14043945
Owned a 98 R/T and a 2000 Highline. The Highline was an auto, gas mileage was meh (25-30), interior was bland, but in 35k, didn't have an issue. Sold it with 230k on it and it is still running around today with over 300k on the clock.

My R/T.... Wind noise galore from the frameless windows until I replaced the door seals. It was a manual and was quite a bit more fun. Once again, very reliable only got rid of it when I got rear ended.

Having also owned a couple civics and a del sol, I learned this: The Civic is better on gas and feels faster. The Neon has better handling characteristics and is faster.
>>
How about a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with the 3.2L v6?

I've found one with 120k miles at $2.8k I plan to jew him to like $2.3
>>
>>14043968
DX<LX<EX

DX is the base, not that common. LX is the mid trim and the most common, has a tach and power windows over the DX. EX is the top, has the LX interior plus around 20 more horsepower. There's also the Si but I don't there will be any

92-00 are the best model years.

>>14045554
Avoid Chrysler's v6s like the plague, There's a reason their cheap
>>
>>14043945
>chrysler
No.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.