[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soooo.. Whats everyones thoughts on might car mods? Some non

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: FB_IMG_1450084038735.jpg (49KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450084038735.jpg
49KB, 720x468px
Soooo..
Whats everyones thoughts on might car mods?
Some non australian opinions would be interesting
>>
I used to like them, but I started to get annoyed at them, now I can't stand listening to either of them speak. And their content is meh

btw im new zealander
>>
File: 1427944769877.jpg (215KB, 1071x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427944769877.jpg
215KB, 1071x1000px
I think Marty is cool and Moog can be a bit of a stupid cunt at times.
>>
Ausfag here, they're typical Australians and you're all racist.

/thread.
>>
>>14041945
Fuck you this is my thread and i decide when it ends you knobbly gremlin dicked fart munch, btw am australian
>>14041928
Really? I think the opposite martys head just annoys me and moogs brings abit of comedic relief to the relentless aussie sun
>>14041925
They have become too professional to relate to anymore
>>
>>14041916
I didn't realise it was possible for none Americans co be so ignorant.
>>
File: AGAIN AGAIN.jpg (235KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AGAIN AGAIN.jpg
235KB, 1024x768px
I'M TIRED OF THESE FUCKING THREADS JESUS CHRIST THERE'S PROBABLY ALREADY ON IN THE FUCKING CATALOG GET SOME ORIGINAL MATERIAL
>>
File: images (14).jpg (18KB, 523x281px) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
18KB, 523x281px
>>14041971
>>
>>14041916
Started out good, now they've fallen victim to the fame bug and GOTTA KEEP GETTING BIGGER

Compare season 1 to the latest shit

>Season 1
>Installing $50 mods in your moms drive

>Season 5?
>Supercharging a JDM Mini Cooper with the help of multiple professionals and an entire mechanic shop
>>
>>14041971
Yeah it seems like there's one every day now. It's either MCM or RCR and it's always, "what do you think of them"
>>
>>14041992
They had a nice medium of fame, money and good content when they made that drift feature film in japan, the mini and beetle are hopefully a return to that stuff
>>
started out really diy, and I loved the cheap as fuck subaru liberty and blue turd swap. Love to watch those, if only those had more info, but great anyway. Later on... i get what they are doing. And i do enjoy that they are having a go at supercharging, which to me seems not as good as a turbo, but for DD maybe is better, whatever. What i like is that they dont have a strict schedule and they dont force shit out videos, they upload new ones when they are ready, which I think puts more pressure than neccesary on RCR. I wouldnt mind if he took a break and made some top notch stuff.
>>
>>14041928
What manga is that, and is it any good?
>>
>>14042022
Supercharger is more efficient and tame whereas a turbo will just go as hard as pyshics will let it so more top end power, i love their interactivity with their fanbase they reply to half the comments on their fb posts and lately have been doing special favours for kids and shit
>>
File: 1182916516099.jpg (5KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
1182916516099.jpg
5KB, 196x196px
>>14042065
>Supercharger is more efficient
>>
File: 003.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>14042072
>constant torque through the entire rev range
>no spool up
>no need for heavy intercooling setup as it already runs off ambient temp air
>n/a response but with billy mays's special package of boost valued at $10.99
Please dont be ignorant
>>
>>14042103
you just listed nothing to do with efficiency so nice post
>>
File: 1450086027789.gif (485KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1450086027789.gif
485KB, 500x259px
>>14042103
>Compressing air
>Not wanting to cool it
>Aluminum pipes and intercooler is heavy
>N/A response, from something with a clutch that kicks on and off
>Sapping power from the crank is efficient
>>
>>14042105
Why the fuck would i be reffering to anything but performance by saying efficienct you envirofag with your mpg bullshit
>>
>>14042117
>Not wanting to cool it
from compression alone this is only a problem above 10 psi boost
>>
>>14041945
moog made me hate honda
>>
>>14042117
>sapping power from the crank
But youre adding more than 4x what you took?
>>
>>14042124
Most modern supercharged cars worth their salt come with a water-to-air intercooler that requires it's own waterpump.
>>
>>14042136
Or you can just use your waste gasses to spin up a turbo with no effort.
>>
>>14042160
Or you could not have to worry about when boost kicks in because nice even constant torque and power curve
>>
>>14042117

>"sapping" power from the crank

Are you retarded? I know turbos are more efficient but jesus christ.
>>
>>14042120
Because a system's efficiency is defined as energy out/energy in, and superchargers are parasitic.
>>
>>14042065
"Supercharger is more efficient"
[Citation needed]

What is parasitic loss?
^thats how you win Jeopardy
>>
>>14042297
parasitic loss prevents the boost from having the same HP potential gains as turbo so in regards to boost efficiency it's lower.

but the thing is, unless you're going for the limits it really doesn't matter and your car is still more fuel efficient/powerful than without it and it's much easier than turbo piping since you have half the tubing required assuming proper intercooling.

>>14042626
I am really hoping that poster is talking about "greater efficiency than N/A" because at least that's factual. But saying superchargers are parasitic is not completely accurate.
>>
>>14042103
>constant torque through the entire rev range
Where the fuck are you getting this tripe from? For a given application, a well matched turbocharger will have a broader torque range than a well matched supercharger. Not to mention, a turbocharger's effect is applied through demand (throttle) as opposed to the RPM dependant supercharger.
>>
>>14042056
if you like fanservice, weak plot, shit themes, shit characters, and love tentacles then yeah, it's great.
>>
>>14042664
I mean in the sense that they require engine power, since turbos use the already flowing exhaust gases. They do generate enough power to make up for the power they require, obviously though.
>>
>>14042664
>and it's much easier than turbo piping since you have half the tubing required assuming proper intercooling.
Only if the vehicle in question has an available "supercharger kit", otherwise it's easier to have an exhaust manifold fabricated than a custom belt drive.
>>
Theyr're OK i guess. but when MARTY getting nasty with all sorts thing. it icks me off.
>>
>>14042695
True, exhaust piping is easier to fabricate, but I suppose I mean when it comes to space to plop it in. A lot of engine bays have space at a premium though, but that's not impossible to get around with, considering how many cars have been turbo'd that have never had the factory option.
>>
>>14042117
>Something with a clutch
The majority of superchargers aren't clutched, which is where the "wasted energy" part comes in.
>>
The series was taking a turn for the worst but with the bug and mini they seem to be getting back to cool stuff. Reading about the issues they had with unwelcome visitors and attention while they were working in thwir yard makes me sad. I'm glad they have the new space and hopefully they can get back into making the kind of videos they used to between their sponser paid videos.
>>
File: tubs.png (395KB, 1547x671px) Image search: [Google]
tubs.png
395KB, 1547x671px
>>14041971
>>
>>14042738
its just as much wasted energy with a clutch
its still beign turned with the crank.
>>
File: SmokeyYunick_700.jpg (107KB, 700x633px) Image search: [Google]
SmokeyYunick_700.jpg
107KB, 700x633px
>>14041916
>"roight in this new and excitin' episode of MOIGHTY CAH MAWDS we're gonna be showin' you a cool diy trick on how to do X to your car where all you need is a few SPANNAHS, a shop and technician to do free skilled labor, a sponsor to pay for all the parts, a few nuts and bolts and some gay cunt with a gopro to get his spaghetti all over and grind work to a standstill- LET'S DO IT."

*cue shitty bleep bloops*

I guess I don't have anything against them personally or on principal, unlike some other car shows, but they really need to drop any pretense of what they're doing being diy- Considering they're hardly doing anything anymore. I mean sheit, the one guy couldn't even be bothered to paint his own car after how many years of being at this? Come on.
>>
>>14042683
>>14042683
I like all those things.
>>
>>14041916
I like them and I'm not from straya, there latest vids about supercharging a jdm mini is pretty cool just have to get over cheesy jokes

Still better then a lot of American car shows but worse then others 7.5/10
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.