[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I work at a grocery store in Arizona and there is an abandoned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Legacy-bf5.jpg (179KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy-bf5.jpg
179KB, 1280x960px
So I work at a grocery store in Arizona and there is an abandoned vehicle in the parking lot. Checked it out and it turns out it's a 1991 Subaru legacy wagon RS. I talked to the police and they said that if I wanted it then I would have to pay all the registration fees and towing costs, after 90 day waiting period.
Question is, I have no idea what the condition the engine and transmission are in, so should I go for it??
>pic semi-related
>>
>>14039326

do you have a car now, anon? you want a project ride?
>>
>>14039326
You're not going to get many cars on just registration fees alone.

If it don't start then you'd still come out ahead on scrap value.
>>
>>14039385
I have a dd, I want a project car though
>>
>>14039448

go for it. this is the chassis Subaru set a endurance speed record in. get a cheap twin turbo japanese engine off ebay, convert to single turbo and go party.
>>
>>14039326
get it boi
as >>14039416
said, you will make money even if it's crapped to hell. and you can always use it as a project car
>>
>>14039326

Yes, always.

But it might have to have an R or S title made, since you dont have the title, depending on your state. That can make insurance different but that's another issue altogether.

Get it or someone else will.
>>
>>14039486
its a fucking wagon
what the hell
>>
>>14039326
I'd go for it, I have a 03 Legacy wagon myself its great.
>>
>>14039708
Legacy in Japan had a twin turbo ej20 in the wagon mate.
>>
File: checkem.jpg (64KB, 535x600px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
64KB, 535x600px
How do they determine a car is abandoned in Arizona? Surely it is registered to someone. You can't just "claim" a fucking car like some 17th century homesteader.
>>
>>14039848
what a waste

i hate the subaru tax anons
its impossible to even find a normal impreza sedan or legacy sedan for sub 5000
>>
>>14039859
I know mate. But fucking subarus are like fucking Legos. Shit is so easy to swap shit in.
>>
>>14039854
You can when somebody abandons it, dickhead.
What else do you want? Cars left on the side of the road to just stay there forever, just in case the dickhead who paid $200 for it wants it back?
>>
>>14039854
They try to contact the owner and if the owner doesn't claim it in 90 days it's up for auction
>>
>>14039884

Why can't you produce a proper reply like >>14039927

Simple question required a simple answer you simple fucking cunt. Eat a bag of shit.
>>
>>14039326
Even if its in bad shape, the block by itself is worth a lot of money. The 2.2 they used in that car is completely closed deck unlike any other turbo motor they've sold here, and it's the closest to the 22b engine out of every other engine they've made. You can run a LOT of boost in that block.
>>
>>14040099

this is true, but unless you put $$ in it yourself, might as well pull that shit for an already turbo engine.

seriously, its a lot of work for reliability as a street or a race car to make the 2.2 na into turbo.
>>
>>14041718
Nigger it's a 2.2 turbo
>>
>>14039326
If you can get it cheap, then go for it. If nothing else, you can always swap something else into the shell.
>>
>>14039859
are you talking about the more recent gens of Legacys? I picked up my first gen legacy sedan for 800. But the RS turbo ones are around that

Avoid the 2.5L engines from the late 90s, unless you're sure the head gasket has been replaced before
>>
>>14039326
pop the hood and take a look at the engine and fluids
not sure how easy it is on a subaru though
>>
>>14042013
>more recent
NOPE
ANYTHING WITH THE SUBARU NAME IS AUTOMATICALLY 5000+
>>
>>14044355
My 98 Legacy GT wagon with a 5 speed was $1800
>>
>>14039326
Yes, yes you should. You're not going to have an opportunity like this ever again. Cars usually aren't 200 dollars
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.