[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go about finding the car they want off of craigslist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: f6b8a313.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
f6b8a313.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
How does one go about finding the car they want off of craigslist if they don't live in the city?

I'm a 19 year old and i've been driving this 2003 v6 auto vert mustang for a while, it's sorta growing old. I bought it for 2500, which everyone I talk to says was a great deal considering it's condition (it has a broken compressor and a few scratched on the paint but is overall in great condition especially the engine even at 176k miles) so I was going to see if I could fix the A/C and flip it for 3k to pursue a new car.

That would be the easy part, i've searched my local craigslist and I can hardly find anything good at all let alone something i'm interested in. I live in south carolina, near columbia to be exact which is the capital but it's small compared to others, hardly even a city at that, but still the most populated part of the state, and I find garbage.

I'm trying to find a CRX, which I realize is high hopes for a car from the 80s, but even 90s cars like a 240sx or an eg civic are hard to find in extremely shitty condition. I'm not talking riced out, i'm talking fucked up panels, stripped interior, and lucky to even crank up

I don't care if the car is auto or not, I just want something I can enjoy instead of driving a shitty mustang.
>>
all the cars you listed are old and hard as fuck to find good condition anywhere
>>
File: IMG_20151122_170536.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_170536.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>14026083
Never had a prob with mine.
>>
>>14026083
CRX's sure, but EG civics and 240sx's aren't that old, plus cars from the mid 2000s are obviously going to be more expensive which isn't optimal

i'm trying to stay around $3000
>>
Check other places people sell cars. Old people list cars on the newspaper, check nearby cities craigslists, check forums for that car if you're willing to travel.
>>
>>14026061
>tfw clean crx's in my area under 3k
>>
File: 1438475819351.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1438475819351.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>14026097
>discussion about pre-2000 Japanese cars being difficult to obtain
>posts a new murican car
>>
>>14026061
Honestly, I'd say "be willing to drive"

When looking for a car (I'm in Cincinnati, OH) I often search:
Cincinnati OH
Dayton OH
Columbus OH
Indianapolis IN
Louisville KY
Lexington KY
as well as some other smaller towns. I'd easily drive 2 hours or more to get to a car that looked promising.

The way I see it is, you do the bit more effort up front and drive a little bit for a car that's much more worth it.

Can't fucking wait till one of these years I go down to Florida on vacation and snatch up an old Benz for pennies on the dollar compared to a rusted to shit one here.
>>
>>14026108
>EG civics and 240sx's aren't that old
Damn you're dumb kid. You can't buy a decent eg civic or 240sx anywhere in america. The time to buy them came and went long before you even got out of middle school.
>How does one go about finding the car they want off of craigslist if they don't live in the city?
Drive to the city to buy the car you lazy cunt.
>>
>>14026061
you don't, you talk to the people who have clean ones that you persuade into buying

I got a 95 EH2 with a clean title, mint condition and working AC that way; my dad asked his coworker if he'd sell it and boom, it was mine

now it's either in Mexico or in pieces
;_;
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.