[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me with my hair brained scheme! I've always wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: wagon01[1].jpg (37KB, 650x363px) Image search: [Google]
wagon01[1].jpg
37KB, 650x363px
Help me with my hair brained scheme! I've always wanted a classic car, but I need to replace my DD sometime soon (fucking Northstar engine), but I should really look for a family car. So which of these roles should I fill? Yes. I want a classic car that seats six that I can use as a daily driver. Budget: $10,500 including parts and repairs to get it up to scratch.

Asking my wife what she thinks, she says "Just shut the fuck up, and buy a used Corolla." We'll show HER, /o/!

Suggestions?
>>
Listen to the wife, kek. She seems to know more than you do.
>>
>>14021044
Buy a semi resto mod old wagon
>>
>>14021044
Find a Newport Wagon for maximum practicality. Hell, any bench seat C Body can easily fill the family car role. And you can get a clean Fury for around 3000. That also guarantees you a big block and a comfy suspension.
>>
>>14021044
'77 to '90 large GM family barge. Infinitely resurrectable, pre '81 don't even have any computer shit to deal with.
>>
File: IMAG0033.jpg (211KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0033.jpg
211KB, 1600x902px
>>14021044
Buy an E20 Corolla wagon.
It fits all your needs.
>>
>>14022455
>>14022428
>>14021167
A family car isn't just a car with 5+ seats and a large trunk.
It's a car the entire family is content with, which includes the wife.
Who probably won't want to put her children in a '70s car with drum brakes all around, no crash safety, no airbags, and seatbelts as an afterthought.
Never mind the "sympathy" she'll get from her girlfriends for having toride in that old junker while everyone else gets to drive their shiny crossover with full Twitter integration.
>>
>>14022511
You sound like a sheep. Why isn't an older car a good choice just because it doesn't have the safety features of a new Volvo? Everyone acts like every old car is a deathtrap and that any collision will instantly kill you.

A 60s-70s wagon/sedan will be comfortable, practical, and very inexpensive to live with.
>>
>>14022601
>A 60s-70s wagon/sedan will be comfortable, practical, and very inexpensive to live with.
And the wife will care about none of that.
Women are social creatures, and your choice of an old car hurts her social standing, so she'll keep bitching at you until you give in, or she'll find some other way to "get back at you" for "doing this to her".

I don't endorse this, I just say it how it is.
>>
>>14022618
If that's how your wife is I pitty you. I daily a classic and she is looking for one herself. Even when we have a child, she's already told me what's what. We will not be selling the classics.

And besides, doesn't his wife have a car to haul the NDs?.
>>
>>14022493
Seconding this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.