[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Chinese are coming. Google rival set to rival Google's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: baidu-autonomous-car-tests-1.jpg (56KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
baidu-autonomous-car-tests-1.jpg
56KB, 700x394px
The Chinese are coming.
Google rival set to rival Google's autonomous cars
Having followed Google's lead into smartglasses development, Baidu is now doing so with autonomous cars. The Chinese search firm says it has successfully tested a fully autonomous car under mixed road conditions, claiming it's the first in China to have done so.
>>
>>14020911
>Chinese self driving car
Good, they needed some way to control their population.
>>
The Chinese can copy hardware (barely) but they can't aren't smart enough to program. They will make whole bunch of these cars and they will drive around running cunts over and killing little kids and shit, which probably isn't that big of an issue in China but it will never work anywhere else
>>
>>14021359
kek
>>
>>14021359
>thinking programming is hard

I see you /g/
>>
I can't wait until the first at fault accident and the ensuing lawsuit rape fest.
>>
>people actually think the chinese are capable of anything good
>>
>>14021424
t.mad westerner

china invented gun powder
>>
>>14021424
They invented restaurant food delivery you homo.
>>
>>14021431
>>14021439

nice try chinese diaspora
>>
>>14021424
mfw china will be buttfucking you by the end of this decade
>>
>>14021648

Nice meme.
>>
File: 1354079702011.gif (385KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
1354079702011.gif
385KB, 300x240px
>Chinese copying modern tech

What can go wrong?
>>
File: smog.jpg (11KB, 644x420px) Image search: [Google]
smog.jpg
11KB, 644x420px
>>14021648
Like they can even find their own arse
>>
File: 1447074304242.jpg (81KB, 390x750px) Image search: [Google]
1447074304242.jpg
81KB, 390x750px
>>14021410
Maybe that kid was a well-known asshole?
>>
>>14021648
'sup Trump.
>>
>>14021742
>a 4-6 year old kid
>doing anything that warrants being run over multiple times and not getting any help from people passing by
I see you are a well adjusted and normal person.
>>
>>14021759
Nah, seriously, that fucked me up a bit. The kid was still fucking alive for what I'm guessing were hours. Never seen that much social obliviousness or total disregard.
>>
>>14021431
China also invented vapes

take that as you will
>>
>>14021424
But they are.

They make pretty good roads, their cars are rapidly improving (as are all their other products), their army is getting better light years at a time and their food is pretty decent.

China is the new America. All it needs now is a good injection of cynicism and wit into the public, and some counterculture, and they'll do perfectly.
>>
>>14021752
Do you mean scaremongering ponce Donald Trump, or potentially-of-Chinese-origin Hearthstone Trump?
>>
>>14021830
Except, you know, without all those troublesome political rights.

Only review of a Chinese car I read recently was the new MG6. Apparently they suck ass just as much as the last one did.
>>
>>14021853
All those troublesome political rights are on the way out in the west, too.
The US has death penalties resting solely on the testimony of a short-sighted eyewitness, torture, indoctrinated and controlled press, a police force that's above the law and confiscates money from citizens without due process, corrupt politicians and lobbyist-controlled socialized economy.
They also ignore all copyright law that doesn't favor America.

The differences to China are marginal at best.
>>
>>14021416
I work on Chinese busses all day every day. They can copy almost anything, but all the parts they have to make up themselves they fail hard at. And I don't mean they won't be able to program it well enough to get it to drive around and shit, more like the car won't be able to tell the difference between a floating plastic bag and a child run out into the street. And being Chinese, they won't bother investing time in getting that part of it right.
>>
>>14021416
It isnt, the Chinese are not smart though.
>>
>>14021785
Nobody stopped to help because if they had, they would have been accused of running the kid over and thrown in jail. even if they were riding a moped and the kid had clearly been run over by a big truck, if the police had shown up while you were standing next to that dead kid, you would be number 1 suspect.
>>
>>14023230
Are you saying this from experience, or are you just making an assumption? That sounds pretty bullshit. No cops in any country I know would assume a pedestrian ran over a kid with a car.
>>
the chinese are literally subhuman
>>
>>14023248
>No cops in any country I know would assume a pedestrian ran over a kid with a car.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>14023289
Yeah well maybe they do in Africa or something, I don't know, but that just sounds fucking bullshit.
>>
>>14023195
This. It's not that China can't get it right, it's that they won't spend the time and resources to get it right.
>>
>>14023248
Not from personal experience, but my boss traveled there to tour the factory our busses were being built at, and that is how the factory reps explained this to him. He said the value of a human life there is nothing and the whole place is fucked and they dump all their rubbish in the sea.
>>
>>14023300
In China if you are caught harming someone, you might end up compensating for it for the rest of your life.

To make matters worse, in China the authorities usually side with the victim. So in this case, if the parents of the child would accuse the person who helped, he would be fucked.

It's also cheaper to kill the person you harmed, because then you can just pay it off to the victims family.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html
>>
>>14023317
>>14023312
What a fucked place.
>>
ENOUGH
>>
>>14023300
I live in china, you better beleive they do that shit

>>14020911
>>14021359
Lately they're trying to be more innovative
>>
File: Chinese kid.webm (3MB, 482x434px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese kid.webm
3MB, 482x434px
>>14023325
There's essentially no mental health care, its pretty much "r9k-irl" and cut loose into society.
I worked there for 6 months as an engineer and its fucking scary, not so much in that 5foot nothing little yellow blokes are actually very dangerous, but they're dead inside.
>>
File: rare pepe.png (1MB, 1081x945px) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.png
1MB, 1081x945px
>all these buttmad westerners
>>
>>14021830
You seem to think this means they will be able to continue this advancement at this rate.

They will always lag behind. "Catching up" isn't the same as advancing.

We learn shit in high school that previous generations took decades to develop. It's not the same.

They'll reach the point that the civilized world got to, hit similar roadblocks as we do, but not have the actual knowledge or resources to get past those roadblocks since they just copied shit instead of building an infrastructure to support the necessary research and development.
>>
>>14024020
>that guy literally just walking by

'god damn not again'
>>
>>14024020
how is that kid still alive after having his head stumped on so many times
>>
:^)
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.