[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have my own "tale from the dealership" but the thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 19

File: day off.jpg (44KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
day off.jpg
44KB, 712x528px
I have my own "tale from the dealership" but the thread closed.

>working at stealership
>boomers are here to buy a sports car
>they talk down to me, and want to talk to the manager, or as they put "somebody who actually knows what they are talking about, not some kid"
>manager comes out to suck their dicks
>meanwhile, some early 20's kid comes in
>he's looking at the hatchbacks, cheaper cars we have there
>"christ, kids these days. You know when i was his age i got a brand new vette, kids these days just have no work ethic!"
>"hey, Anon, go deal with that guy, i'll take care of these fine customers"
>I go "deal" with that guy
>he's looking for a cheap, reliable, efficient car. He has a new job and needs transport.
>looking at honda civics, toyota corollas
>eventually sees the sportier cars
>"I can't really afford thees, but i'm just gunna have a look if you don't mind"
>perilously close to the boomers
>sees a Celica
>"Oh wow, I can actually afford this one":
>"It's a Toyota too, so it's still a reliable car, just in a cool looking body"
>he's hooked
>"Hey kiddo, maybe you should check out frys if you're after a rice cooker!"
>boomers laughing
>"come on, let's take this for a test drive, it handles great!"
>"Yeah, perfect for screeching through chinatown!" the boomers yell out
>"Maybe you should get a real job, and then a real car, like an American car!"
>i hate boomers
>he enjoys the ride, and wants to buy it.
>he pays 2k outright
>the boomers aren't there, car and samesman gone as well
>they crashed the classic corvette on the test drive, totaled it
>they t-boned some 17 year old in a new Honda Jazz, killed the kid
>apparently, they were screaming at the kid's body that they were going to sue his ass off until the ambulance said he was dead

Fuck boomers
>>
>>14019807
Bullshit. And I don't believe it. Still hate boomers though
>>
this happened
>>
File: totally.jpg (185KB, 525x881px) Image search: [Google]
totally.jpg
185KB, 525x881px
>>14019807
>>"Yeah, perfect for screeching through chinatown!"
>Toyota
>>
>>14019937
>implying boomers use logic
>>
Weird
>inb4 dinosaur
>>
>>14019807
>Honda Jazz
Bongland?
>>
>>14019937
I'd fuck her
>>
>>14019807
things that never happened for 200
>>
>>14019807
>>14019955
>honda jazz
>boomers with boner for American cars
Something here doesn't add up
>>
>>14020812
>>14019955
Hand jazz is honda fit in usa
>>
>>14022822
So why did he say jazz then? Seems pretty odd
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 400x368px
>>14020004
>Some guys will just stick it into anything
>>
>>14019807
That was worth a new thread, funny story
>>
I totally believe this story.
>>
>>14019807
They should close this thread too.

OP is a fucking faggot.
>>
reminds me of an actual encounter I had with a boomer and a corvette

>get phone call in the office one day
>it's a boomer who has a '14 C7
>tells me long as story about what an amazing car it is, how he bought it new blah blah
>he's too old to get in and out of it, wants to trade for a diesel truck to tow his camper
>have a truck that might work, ask him what he is expecting to get for the C7
>"sticker of course"
>wait_what.exe
>old dude seriously expects we are going to give him the full sticker price value that he paid NEW on this C7 as his trade value
>tell him quickly that is not even in the ballpark of things that are going to happen
>guy launches into rant on the phone about knowing that these are going to be collectors cars
>more rants about how 'he knows' these cars are selling for above sticker used
>cut him off at the pass
>tell him he is welcome to look at the website of every local chevy dealership, and see how they have multiple C7's sitting on lot, priced under MSRP
>also tell him to check auto trader, and observe how used C7's are absolutely not pricing above the MSRP of new ones

this old fuck ended up coming in anyway, even after having a bitch fit on the phone. The bottom line was, some chevy dealership had conned this fuck head into paying 10 grand OVER MSRP to get this '14 C7 right when they first came out. They had fed him a line about year long waiting lists and 'buying a car thats a classic already'. He believed all of it
>>
>Honda Jazz
>usa

I smell bullshit
>>
>>14023168
please post more, based longpost guy, one of the only non-fag-tripfags in /o/!
>>
>>14023168
Bumping for more from lpg and op
>>
>>14023187
>>14023205

I absolutely hate having to deal with boomer aged dudes when it comes to trade ins. They always drag in some old sports car and think it's worth 9 billion dollars, and chimp out when you don't give them some absurdly high trade value

No, your 96 Mustang isn't worth 35,000 dollars. No I don't care that only 96 were made in burnt orange with that interior color. No that doesn't make the car rare.
>>
File: 960.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>14023264
can we have greentexts about niggers being niggers, mister LPG?
>>
>>14023168
>paying 10 grand OVER MSRP to get this '14 C7 right when they first came out.
For the Z06 or a regular one?

I work for some very wealthy people and when they buy their hard to get cars like the Ferrari 458s (coupe and spider) they always pay MSRP to the dealer but will give them back to the dealer as a used car after 6-8 months.. then the dealer sells it over list once it is used. It has to be something really hard to get. The dealers would get in trouble with Ferrari if they sold a new car over list so this is their strategy: give it to a guy you trust to drive it for a while, then when they give it back to the dealer they give the customer all their money back for the car, then the dealer can sell it over list.

I'm surprised Chevy would even allow a dealer to sell a new car over MSRP.
>>
My own stealership story. Note I'm the dude buying the car:

>be in the Marine Corps for <1 year
>just hit the fleet
>want vehicle so I'm not stuck in the Barracks
>know that buying from just outside the gate is financial suicide
>get my Cpl to take me to the Stealerships a town over
>my only requirements for the vehicle in order of importance are not a chevy, stick shift, good condition for age/mileage, RWD, not a "sports" coupe, NOT A FUCKING MUSTANG
>halfway through the day I spy an '07 Ram 1500 ST V6 6spd for 14k
>it has like 30,000 miles on it
>only blemish is on the rear driverside wheel well where a rock or something chipped a 1cm square piece of paint off
>test drive it
>tell dealer I'm interested but there are 2 other dealerships I want to stop and look around before I make any decisions
>see a couple of things but mostly everything has at least a 10% mark up due to proximity to the base
>around COB that night dealer leaves a message on my phone saying he can get me the Ram for 12k
>I do some pricing online and the truck is ususally between 13-15k for that mileage and condition.
>Leave him a return message saying I'll buy the truck and that I'd be by tomorrow after work
>Next day go to stealership
>Before I'm even in the door my dealer's boss catches me and tells me he is knocking the price down to 10k
>my brain goes full 'wtf' mode. The fuck is wrong with this truck.
>Is the engine gonna blow up? Did someone die in it? Was it in a flood or horrible accident?
>carfax is clean
>decide to take a gamble
>put three down on the truck and I got a first time car buyer loan with a 3% interest rate - yes 3%
>I'm having the exact opposite experience most junior Marines have
>fast forward 4.5 years to now
>paid off loan three years ago, have yet to have a check engine light (I just hit 100,000 miles too), mechanically she is solid but the interior has suffered because I don't clean/vacuum enough
>it all ended up pretty good
>>
>>14023343
A regular one.

I don't know how familiar you are with how dealers set pricing, but on new cars, franchise dealerships can pretty much charge any price they think they can get away with, and write it of as 'market adjustment'

Lots of chevy dealers pulled this shit with the C7 right when they first came out, screaming at customers that there would be years long waiting lists, and that demand was so high they HAD to charge over MSRP to keep supply under control.

It was all bullshit, but tons of people fell for it. Same shit happend with the Hellcat when it first launched (see pic related) Your rich friends sound like they are getting taken for a ride as well. 458's aren't that rare. There are shit loads of exotic car dealerships in this area, and I have never seem price inflation unless it's something that was extremely rare.

>>14023392
they probably just wanted to get rid of it
>>
>>14023411
My thing is why did they drop the price a second time?
I was fully willing and prepared to pay 12 and wasn't trying to negotiate the price at all.
>>
>>14023432
Who knows? maybe they would be avoiding trouble if they got the dodge to you and not to someone else, or they wanted to make sure you had it since they needed more space, or the truck was used to deal with drugs and they wanted to get rid of it.
>>
>>14023432
sales manager might have known he could get you a better approval if the car listed for 10 rather than 12, and he was doing you a solid

It's something I occasionally deal with, and you see it a lot with first time buyers.
>>
>>14023411
also, forgot the picture.
>>
>village idiot buys new truck
>know he spent more than 30,000
>single cab
>two wheel drive
>shitty paint job honestly
>bumpers and trim colour doesn't match truck

Stealership a can just see these guys coming a mile away hey?
>>
>>14023411
>I don't know how familiar you are with how dealers set pricing, but on new cars, franchise dealerships can pretty much charge any price they think they can get away with, and write it of as 'market adjustment'
>Lots of chevy dealers pulled this shit with the C7 right when they first came out, screaming at customers that there would be years long waiting lists, and that demand was so high they HAD to charge over MSRP to keep supply under control.
Interesting! Thanks for posting here, I always love to read your longposts.

>It was all bullshit, but tons of people fell for it. Same shit happend with the Hellcat when it first launched (see pic related)
Holy fuck people paid 200k for a hellcat? I drove one of those, it's fun but its cheap as fuck otherwise.

You would at a Chevy store, right?

>Your rich friends sound like they are getting taken for a ride as well. 458's aren't that rare. There are shit loads of exotic car dealerships in this area, and I have never seem price inflation unless it's something that was extremely rare.
The 458s were very hard to get when they first came out, just like the 488 will be. They did well, because they got a car early (which is most important to them, they don't want to wait), and didn't pay over sticker. Then after they are done, they give it back to the dealer and the dealer then makes a bunch of money because they can sell it over sticker while they are still hot. Same thing will happen in your area. Now obviously my friends can go sell it on their own over list, but then the dealer will say 'no way' when they go to buy their next hard-to-get Ferrari.
>>
>>14023518
>>14023518
>>14023518

this is fucking real?
>>
File: mustang-price-premium-1.jpg (119KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
mustang-price-premium-1.jpg
119KB, 750x422px
>>14023612
Absolutely real. Hendricks dealership's here in North Carolina had as much as 20K 'market adjustments' on the C7 when they first came out. You see the same shit on special edition Mustangs, and the Hellcat. You will see the EXACT same shit on the Focus RS when it hits the market fro the first 6 months or so

>>14023586
Are you West coast? I can totally understand dealerships giving out what are essential short term lease cars to repeat customer to get them into inventory early, but it doesn't change the fact the dealership is taking advantage of their desire to get into a car early to hose them in price
>>
Reminds of something that happened between my dad and grandpa

>dad buys new pickup
>datsun/nissan, something like that. Point is it's a "foreign" truck
>grandpa gives him shit because muh american made, had just bought a corvette or something
>dad will have none of this shit, did some research before he bought it, the truck was at least assembled in the US if not completely made
>grandpa's corvette was made in mexico
>>
>>14023638

On the example of the Challenger, do you think they'll budge?

I mean, if I go, "your $150,000 tacked on fee is complete bullshit, I want real MSRP,"

will they just tell me to fuck off? I'd guess most people are dumb enough to just go with what they're told, and the dealership will move the units, and I won't have much bartering power
>>
>>14023661
>people are genuinely xenophobic based on where a car was made and by who and not by its quality

I mean, i understand brand loyalty if you are dumb enough and never tried enough cars, but not buying cars made outside your country its dumb
>>
>>14023518
>the dealer pockets the entirety of the $62,175 mark-up
Gouging has to fucking stop.
>>
>>14023685
Dad is also a boomer, him and mom waited till their mid 30's to have me so american made is still fairly important to them. This happened almost 20 years ago though. They've both also driven plenty of brands, dad seems to have drifted to Nissan as a preferred one though. And it's not xenophobia, while I agree that foreign competition is good for the market, at the same time it's usually better if the money you spend on a product stays in your country.
>>
>>14023663

They will laugh and politely tell you to fuck off. The reason you see those hilarious mark up fees is because you have shitheads who are willing to pay it to get the vehicles immediately.

I'll go back to the C7. The Hendricks chain of dealerships in North carolina sold the first 15 or so C7's they were allotted for over 100K to people willing to pay to get to the head of the line

Now, you can haggle C7's for more than 15% off MSRP, more in certain cases if it's an odd color or options packages. These mark up prices are just to troll for gullible idiots who want to be the first through the door

>>14023693
You could kill it tomorrow if manufacturers mandates that MSRP was the highest price any franchise dealership could charge, but they don't
>>
>>14023661
Corvettes are made in Kentucky you silly gerbil :P
>>
>>14023746
>manufacturers mandates that MSRP
Literally the only good thing Scion has done.
>>
>>14023807
Too bad Scion doesn't make anything that would be worth marking up in the first place.
>>
File: DSC_0968.jpg (2MB, 1800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0968.jpg
2MB, 1800x1205px
>>14023661
Holy shit that's an extremely rare Corvette as every other Corvette in the world is made in the US, hope he knows what he got. I actually have a picture of your Grandpas car from when he was doing a track day
>>
>>14023824
not until they turbo the FR-S, at least
>>
>>14023826
>or something
I don't remember exactly, that was just about the time he had his corvette and I remember it being a traditionally American car.
>>
>>14023802
see
>>14023839
>>
>>14023824
Thats why I said their pricing is the only thing good about them. Their cars are shit.

>>14023831
never gona happen
>>
>>14023831
see
>>14023852

A turbo convertible FR-S might have gotten my money

Now I just have to wait for the Abarth 124
>>
>>14023852
>>14023874
a man can dream
>>
Does it count if I was the buyer?

As background:

>be me
>be poor af
>be driving around in 2003 SRT-4, fun as hell but unreliable and expensive to fix because modded to hell
>in market for new car; want something cheap, reliable, fun to drive

So eventually I find a used 3 and the price is good. (It was a trade in to a local Toyota dealership.) I go over there and the sales guy is kinda douchey but nothing out of the ordinary. Kept asking me if I was excited and telling me how much I wanted the car even though I've obviously driven more exciting shit than a fucking Mazda 3. Still, like I said, nothing unusual.

So I test drive the thing and it seems clean. One owner, everything works, don't see much wear etc. Decide what the hell, the price is right. Head up to financing and this is where the fun begins.

The finance person is this overweight middle-aged lady who's clearly been working here forever and she starts giving me the hard sell even though I've already decided to finance through my bank because even though the APR is a little higher, the payments end up being pretty much the same because of the fees etc. with the credit union the dealer is suggesting and I know what service I'm getting from my bank.

Obviously since she makes money off financing she's super not having it, saying like "but anon our APR is lower. I don't know why you'd want to pay more. I don't understand why you wouldn't want the better deal." I explain why and she says "well I just think you should listen to the person who's been doing this awhile." I mention politely that my USAA rep has probably also been doing this awhile and she tells me "well but they want your business."

>whatandyoudontbitch.jpg

So I say "I understand, but I have made my decision and would like to move onto the warranty options" and this is where the real fun starts.
>>
>>14024895

So she's running through the warranty options, five year platinum dildo option w/e, and I know I can't afford it so I explain politely that that sort of thing is not in my budget and ask if we can move onto two or three year options instead, at which point she looks at me and snaps "don't interrupt me anon!"

pic related: mfw

I almost walk out but figure whatever, the car's a good deal and I don't feel like doing this again, so I pull out my phone while she continues to talk and ignore her until she apologizes at which point I tell her she should know better and she almost lost the sale, and that I would be reporting it to the owner of that Toyota branch.

mfw she was extremely polite after that
mfw I agreed to a warranty and then canceled it and went through USAA the next day before finalizing the sale so she had to redo all the paperwork
mfw the bitch probably didn't get jack shit off the sale besides her base commission
>>
>>14023715
never go full retard
>>
>>14025340
What?
>>
>>14023663
Dodge has a dealership culture of not negotiating on sticker prices, especially on the Challengers and Chargers, even the V6s.
>>
>>14025360
>buy murican
>monies stay in murica
>building up muh enconomies
>>
>>14024895
>>14024949
this made me chuckle.

>>14025363
Not around here. They are all about wheeling and dealing to get poor black kids into cars they can't afford
>>
>>14025390
Im not black, do you think they would do me a favor and impoverish me also?
>>
>>14023440
>Be a first time buyer
>It's an emergency and need a car that night so can't shop around
>They know this
>Sell me a car at 2K above value, tack on a 1 year warranty that's 28% the car's price
>Sign the paperwork because It's night and I'm due at work in 7 hours
>Was also my birthday
>"Managed to get approved" at 26.5% APR

They fucking got me
>>
File: 1447193201241.jpg (36KB, 452x459px) Image search: [Google]
1447193201241.jpg
36KB, 452x459px
>>14025379
Yes, that's how it works or at least how it's supposed to.
>>
>>14023661
Thejaps dont use union labor. The big three have to or their employees strike. The only option is to outsource to keep up with tojo
>>
>>14025433
They also claimed to look the car over with a fined tooth comb. A few months later when all the snow was gone and I actually had some time off work, I looked it over. Front wheel bearings were completely shot, ended up chewing up two 80% tread tires down to the wire, the oil filter was still the factory one (Even after I took it in "for a free oil change), and the rear suspension was fucked

Traded that thing for the POS Chevy I'm driving now. It's mechanically sound but my god is it boring
>>
File: 1385477862647.jpg (46KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1385477862647.jpg
46KB, 500x456px
>>14023518
Jesus fuck.
>>
>cousins husband works at chebby dealership
>they just got a '14 vet in, barley, and grass rammed into every hole (rural Manitoba area)
>cousins husband is working on the car in the bay beside
>begins welding
>suddenly the shop goes from the smell of oil to weed
>guy in next bay pops open vett hood
>more weed than the cheech and chong weed van, lightly smoldering
They put the small fire out, reported it to cops. Apparently the thing was used for smuggling weed from MB to ND, and the driver wrecked it in a field, and didn't bail the contents of it out before the tow truck came in.
>>
>>14025531
Ayy, wtf. Wrong thread. Thx Clover app.
>>
>>14025531
>>14025558
Well technically it is a dealer story of sorts.
>>
>>14025558
no, to be fair, you might get sticker for that vette
>>
>>14025598
Well, not really.
Cops here completely destroy vehicles once they're apprehended. They cut every piece of upholstery, break entire sections of the dash, etc.
They're basically given cutting, and smashing tools to disassemble them.
Then hey re-sell the vehicles, usually only salvageable for parts
>>
>>14025531
Frosty strikes again
>>
>>14025616
Ayyy
>>
>>14025433
Jesus.

FYI to anyone wondering, a real first time buyer program generally has a rate of 10-12% on used, and 5% or less on new.
>>
>>14025455
this nigger can't read
>>
>>14023264
I think people need to realize, especially boomers, that just because something is rare it doesn't mean it's valuable.
>>
>>14025773
why don't you understand economy?
>>
>>14025773
This, this so much. That, and trying to teach people that emotional attachment doesn't raise the value.
>>
File: 1405154599862.jpg (211KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1405154599862.jpg
211KB, 1200x900px
My first experience with a dealership wasn't too bad actually.
>18
>no credit whatsoever
>pick out a 2008 P71 with 92K on the clock
>dealer takes my Eclipse with a blown trans as a trade in ($900)
>financed 36 months at 4.9%
>>
>>14025830

Senpai, I plan to buy every car with cash or atleast 80% down. Just bought a 16 golf r with cash.

Better to buy with cash or finance? Don't want to lease.
>>
>>14025919
You can always negotiate a better deal if you finance. dealerships make no kick backs off of a cash deal. A large piece of a dealership income is the commission they receive off setting up financing, and any bonus they might get for setting up a certain number of loans each month.

Even if you have the money to buy the car outright, you should finance it, then just pay it off in 6 months

This way you reap the benefits of helping your credit, and putting yourself in a strong position to negotiate
>>
>>14025940

I did get 2k knocked off the net price. This is in Canadian dollars btw. I just really hate the idea of paying more in long term.
>>
File: 1448897753577.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1448897753577.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>14025868
>financing a Crown vic
>>
>>14023638
>Are you West coast?
East

>I can totally understand dealerships giving out what are essential short term lease cars to repeat customer to get them into inventory early, but it doesn't change the fact the dealership is taking advantage of their desire to get into a car early to hose them in price
Well, they pay list for the cars. Ferrari doesn't allow dealers to sell cars over list. So, they don't get hosed, they pay the same thing as everyone else, they just get the cars early. Otherwise have to wait. But yeah it is a scam for the dealers, but I'd say it is win win in their case since 458s still get list.

What do you think of dealer prep fees? Like all AutoNation stores charges a bunch of money to 'prep' the car, I always felt that is a hidden fee ripoff and the times I've bought from AutoNation stores they backed it out of the price. They can't actually remove it from the invoice, because it is a company wide policy, but they can discount something else to make up for it. Pretty crazy. Does your dealership have anything like that?
>>
File: 1445534476696.jpg (92KB, 557x495px) Image search: [Google]
1445534476696.jpg
92KB, 557x495px
>>14025868
I did the same thing when I was your age

>10.99%
Obviously I'm in a better situation now, but man, you really do look back on your past and lol
>>
>>14025438
If American companies actually paid taxes it would
>>
File: IMG_20131210_180736_11.jpg (2MB, 2439x3187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131210_180736_11.jpg
2MB, 2439x3187px
>>14025956
If you have the means to pay it off early, do so. In all honesty, if you can pay off in 6 months the incurred interest is pretty minimal, but you get the full boost to your credit score of having had and payed an auto loan in full

>>14025982
>What do you think of dealer prep fees?
It's a rip off of course, pretty much along the same lines as a dock fee. It's a way for a dealership to insure a certain amount of pure margin on every car they sell. We have a 'documentation and preparation' fee of 399, but we often discount it out of the price of the car if it's going to be a deal breaker for a customer.

Granted, we do actually do a full detail, wash and wax, but again, it's just a way for us to build in gartuneed margin.
>>
>>14026409
C'mon now LPG, no wash n wax is worth $400 unless my dick is getting waxed
>>
>>14026409
>full detail
>not even clayed, compounded, polished AND sealed

sure bud
>>
File: IMG_20140321_185145949.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140321_185145949.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>14026473
Oh it's not, like I said, it's just a guaranteed way for us to pad a little margin into every sale

Also, pic related is from a trade in I took a while back. Thought /o/ could appreciate the fresh
>>
>join Army
>get to first duty station
>buy sportbike with almost no miles on it from someone who wanted to be cool but couldn't into motorcycles
>avoid dealership entirely
>>
>>14026494
Holy shit, hold the fucking phone. Is that 3 (three) motherfuckin' black ice trees I see? Wow, fuck, are you seeing that shit? All of them WITHOUT the plastic?! Shiiiiit!

Nigga you probably almost knocked yourself out on that FRESH the moment you put the key in the door.
>>
bought a honda accord 2-door off of a Craigslist dealer & it was sort of a similar situation
>>
>>14026409

How much down payment should I be putting down? Say on a 50k car.

Show me some examples with numbers. Thanks
>>
>>14023168

I worked with a guy 10ish years ago who had a corvette that he traded in for a Monte Carlo because he couldn't get in and out of the Vette very well. He was maybe in his 50's. Fucker breathed like a train whistle while sitting on his ass in front of a computer.
>>
>>14019807

Story is 100% bullshit.
>>
>>14019807
>things that didnt happen
>>
>>14025363

I got my Challenger $6k below sticker IIRC.
>>
>>14026494
Hey LPG, they probably don't make for great stories but how often do you get well-informed customers that come in knowing exactly what car they're looking for and what a reasonable price is, rather than the financially illiterate that we always hear about getting gorillion dollar APRs on shitboxes?

Just to restore my faith in humanity a bit.
>>
>>14023264
>No, your 96 Mustang isn't worth 35,000 dollars. No I don't care that only 96 were made in burnt orange with that interior color. No that doesn't make the car rare

A lesser known side to the Barrett Jackson effect, outside of collector pieces that already hold a lot of value, nobody cares about interior/exterior combinations

Rarity only matters if someone is around to pay a premium for it

Fuck boomers
>>
>>14023264
>No that doesn't make the car rare.

Strictly speaking, that DOES make it rare. However, being rare doesn't make it a classic OR a collector's edition.
>>
>>14023392
>>Before I'm even in the door my dealer's boss catches me and tells me he is knocking the price down to 10k
>>my brain goes full 'wtf' mode. The fuck is wrong with this truck.

They ran your credit score is what. I've had similar happen with a phone contract, and when looking for cars myself. If you've got good credit, they'll bend over backwards to take your money.
Guy on the phone from the mobile service provider sounded shocked when he saw my credit score, and said I could have any phone I wanted when the minimum contract on the starter smartphone expired.

>>14023556
As someone who used to work in sales?
Yes. Yes, you can. You get good at reading people's financial status and intelligence from their appearance and speech.
>>
File: 1435601786415.jpg (81KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435601786415.jpg
81KB, 1200x600px
>>14027361
>>
>>14023411
pretty sure a bunch of dealers got into trouble over the Hellcats. i heard stories of dealers selling far over MSRP and on top of that some even selling Hellcats that they couldn't actually even get for some reason
>>
>>14022830
Because he is a yuro making the whole thing up
>>
>>14023824
>bans markups
>doesn't actually make anything you could mark up
Funny how that works isn't it
>>
>>14029732
Everyone does that for limited edition cars. They'll take 100 deposits when they only get 25 cars, and often some of that deposit is nonrefundable. You paid money to go on a waiting list.
>>
>>14025868
So you financed a $3000 car? What a kek
>>
>In canada
>Full time job is curbing cars, I own them fully, clean titles nothing sketchy, always go in with them
>One time buddy gives me his car to sell, I have the title, everything properly signed
>They go in to register it
>From out of town so they dont know some places are picky as fuck, and some are incredibly lax
>They call me freaking out about how they cant register it
>I ask why, there shouldnt be any problems
>They say that because its not my name on the title they cant register it
>Everything was signed by my buddy not me, My name shouldnt be on a single piece of paper as I never "owned" the car
>Can I speak to the manager haircut and glasses is with them
>Not even the one buying the car, just some person they know.
>Freak out at me accuse me of stealing the car and conning them into buying it
>Literally have to phone my buddy and his dad to come in and sort this shit out
>THEY STILL THINK I STOLE THE CAR
>I get upset because they are accusing me of stealing which normally I wouldnt care but this is my job.
>The lady at the counter knows me, and realizes this bullshit is happening
>She just tells them it doesnt matter, if he stole the car nothing will happen to you guys
>Tells me I dont need to be there anymore
>I leave, get in my car, decide to always go in and always just put the cars into my name.
>They message me next day saying the speedometer doesnt work, even though I told them and they test drove the car without it working and he brought an OBD2 to see why it was throwing a code.
>Blocked.exe

They buy a fucking 2002 Volkswagen Golf for 1600$, I was appalled at this shit.
>>
>>14023343
2014 only had regular ones.
>>
>>14023693
No. The Hellcat originally cost 62K. The dealer pocketed 150K 'market adjustment' as well.
>>
>>14019807
I'll take shit that never happened for 1 million Alex.
>>
>>14023281
check the archives brah LPG has a million good chimpout stories
>>
>>14029960
see that's why i only buy shit that's sitting on the lot. sometimes it might take me a bit to find the options i want but i'd rather spend a few weeks or a month looking around then 3 months or more waiting for something to be built and shipped out

another thing i ran into during my last purchase when i was actually considering ordering was that dealers refused to lock in the price. basically i'd only get whatever discounts are running when the vehicle actually shows up on the lot and of course it's impossible to know in advance what discounts will be like when the time comes
>>
>financing a car
so what is this, some american thing where you basically rent a car but after 2 years or whatever you own it
and if you cant make payments they take it off you? this is fucking stupid as shit
>>
>>14019807
Why are women retarded?
>tag along with sister to dealership since her last car got totaled with me in it
>got like $2,200 for a car worth like $300
>immediately starts looking for cars worth $5k+
>finds a honda nearby at a dealership
>125k, 10 years old but pretty clean, $6k
>keeps going on about how she was in sales so she can't get ripped off
>applies for financing, drive home
Keep in mind her credit score is like 400 because she got evicted from her last apartment and got her last car (also financed) repo'd
>gets offer back for $300 a month $1,500 down
>for a used 10 year old honda
>some ridiculous interest rate towards 40%
>super excited
>tell her that it's really bad and she should just buy a beater off craigslist until her credit improves
>goes on about how she tried but one was an obvious scam and how craigslist only has bad cars
>ask her what makes used dealership cars different from craigslist cars
>gets more pissed
>tells me to find her a good used car for $1,200
>ask what happened to the other grand and a half
>storms off
>send her links to like 5 different cars nearby with marginally more miles than the Honda she's in love with
>sends something like "ok anon."
Not my credit so idgaf
>>
>>14030232
Yeah, mainly because we aren't driving nigger rigged 1.0L shitboxes that cost $5,000 from the dealership.
>>
>>14030273
what do you mean
>>
>>14030276
Nothing in the United States costs $5,000 off the lot because we don't sell shitty 1.0L cars in the way Europe does. Therefore saving up to buy a ~$24,000 car cash is ridiculous.
>>
>>14030286
what does europe have to do with anything i just said
>>
>>14030291
Well, whatever 3rd world country you're from, the same idea applies. If you think financing is dumb then I hope you don't intend to buy a house.
>>
>>14030318
i see having a different opinion made you upset
got something to share with us?
>>
>>14030332
I'd like to share that you have a minimal grasp of economics, and that financing is a necessary evil.
>>
>>14030360
yeah, but you went straight for the hurr durr europe
>>
What are these fucking boomers all Americans keep complaining about? Is it just the older generation?
>>
>>14030370
Mainly because most of 4chan consists of Americans or Yuropoors.
>>
>>14030232
Its like a mortgage, but for your car. If you want to drive a non shitbox its something you've got to do
>inb4 everbody on /o/ makes 250k+/yr and buys 30 grand cars straight cash
>>
>>14025682
I got a my first car which was valued at 25 thousand dollars on a 3 year lease for 294 a month. Just doing that while I'm in school and I plan to buy the car after the lease is over. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>14031255
Leasing is fine if you like to drive new cars and don't like/can't do maintenence/repair/modifications (I'm assuming that because you're a student you live in an apartment/dorm with no place to wrench and no budget for tools anyway). If you can afford it its fine.
>>
>>14031275
I'm finishing my school to be an airframe and powerplant mechanic. I totaled my 2003 jetta and got like 3 grand for it. I needed a car because the new semester was about to start and the guy already had sold my mom her new Prius. So we went in and she cosigned for it and the guy bumped the credit to like 800 as a solid
>>
>>14030395
they're called "boomers" because they were born shortly after WWII ended, when all the husbands returned to the U.S. and had kids in the "baby boom"

also there's no reason to get upset at boomers because they're going to all be dead in a couple years
>>
>>14025682

These first time buyer programs are mostly for college graduates where I am, so I had to take a different route. Inb4 for VW memeing, but I do want to know if I fucked up a bit here.

I already know that my trade value is fucked because of the Dieselgate shit.

>be apprentice mechanic, then service advisor
>parents tired of me driving shitboxes
>managed 0 down 0% APR for 84 months on new 2011 mazda3 because of cosign
>get bored as fuck driving it because automatic
>attempt to go to vw dealer for tiguan (retard moment I know)
>freshly traded manual '12 Golf TDI with 42k kms catches eye
>run the numbers as I know I'm upside down on the mazda
>offer 11.5k on trade that had coilovers installed
>roll negative equity into golf
>4.99%, $2500 down at almost same monthly payment as Mazda with no cosign, paid off one year sooner than if i kept it

Long as fuck, but if you see this LPG, did I fuck myself in the long run? I managed to get into a Volkswagen that isn't a piece of shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (402KB, 752x729px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
402KB, 752x729px
>Be Bonglander
>Aunt needs a new car
>Goes to old boyfriend that runs a dealership
>He "cuts her a great deal"
>She drives home in a 2007 Peugeot 307 HDI (1.6L Diesel)
>These shitboxes are fucking awful, hers is in pretty poor shape
>Bonnet (hood) release cable dosen't work, need to pry it open with a screwdriver
>Rear windows don't work
>Interior is half wrecked, plastic is all scratched to shit, rear seats look like a dog tore them up
>Ask her how much
>"Oh I got it really cheap, only £3200!"
>Three thousand, two hundred pounds

This was ~6 months ago. Pic related, first HDI on autotrader. She still maintains it was a good deal
>>
>>14031622
aside from >vw
I dont see any reason that this is a problem, people do this all the time with cars, its basically the perks of leasing without actually leasing. It does tend to be more expensive in the long run if you constantly roll negative equity into more loans, but thats why you try to buy cars with better resale values - Im currently planning to do this in 2017/18 with my current 2015 mazda 3, hopefully the resale will hold for it to still be feasible.
The only real downside to it is its a gamble, if the car doesnt hold its value your gonna lose more money then you really want
>>
>>14031622

Should mention that I owned the Mazda for 3 years before trading it in. Fuck.
>>
>>14031882
that's what you get for buying french
>>
>>14031895

Welp, that was sort of the intent in buying a TDI back then. So much for that...right now. Didn't think that such a practice was actually a thing.
>>
>>14029629
LPG, find me that girl's phone number. I shall make her my mistress.
>>
>>14028607
There's more to economics than supply; namely, demand.
>>
>>14030232
No, you're thinking of "leasing". Financing means taking out a loan and buying the car.
>>
Alright guys, I have one.

I work at a multi-million dollar retail chain store in the south west. Every winter, every old fart from the north comes on down and lives here for six months out of the year. It's great for hours, and money. But it makes me want to kill myself. I have one story in particular.

>Be me
>Be having an okay day despite it being busy as fuck
>Drove an old Toyota at the time
>This boomer comes in
>Boomer is wearing a Chevy hat and a Corvette shirt
>There's also a base model C7 out in the parking lot
>People like this come in a lot
>This guy was a total asshole though
>Harassing the girls because we don't have a really specific kitchen item in stock
>Even though we're one of the smaller stores in the entire corporation
>Makes our most petite girl cry and nearly quit
>I have to deal with this guy since no one else will
>Treats me with a little bit more respect since I'm a full head taller then him and a dude
>End up having the largest store in the state ship him this stupid item
>Small talk gets towards cars as I'm helping him at the register
>Says he had an old split window Vette when he was 16
>Now's my chance
>"Oh man, you had one of those? My dad had one of those and I inherited in when he passed."
>His eyes light up
>He goes on about how great those cars were and how newer auto makers don't make them like they used to
>Cut him off
>"I ended up selling it a few months later for like $8k, the thing was a real piece of garbage,"
>"Can't see why anyone would like them when they can get a reliable old Toyota like the one I have."
>Can see the rage building up in him
>"And they're so big too! I didn't want anyone to think I was compensating for anything while driving it around. And the gas mileage was awful!"
>"I'm just really glad I got rid of that hunk of junk"
>Can see him break
>He just leaves briskly and quietly
>While red as fuck
>Didn't even pay for his order lol
>>
File: celica.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
celica.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>14019807
>went to some shitty dealership
>some greasy neckbeard was standing there just watching some customers and another worker talking
>look at cars for a bit, trying to get someone to talk to me
>this guy's just standing there all sweaty.
>he noticed me, and now he's just been watching me the whole time
>finally after I've looked at like 3 cars he comes over to me
>"h.hey you looking for a car"
>the dude smells like he's been bathing in his own filth for like a month.
>"ya that's why I'm here.. hah...hah."
>starts showing me some shitboxes
>half of them are rusted to crap, other half were clearly in an accident at some point
>he has no idea what he's talking about.
>at this point I just wanna take a sportscar for a joyride, this idiot's probably stupid enough to let me
>see a celica, maybe I'll see what I can get out of him.
>he walks back to get the keys
>overhear his manager talking with the customers, he's telling them he's been trying to get this guy to quit for a month so they don't have to pay him severance, he'll give them 3k off the corvette if they start flinging shit.
>guy comes back
>customers start heckling me about the car
>this guy looks like he's gonna cry at this point
>starts trying to pretend like he knows what he's talking about. "it's fun to drive" he says, clearly demonstrating an absolute lack of knowledge.
>get back from the test drive
>drop 2k on this pos so I can enter it in a demolition derby
>this guy looks like I've just saved him from getting fired
>his manager looks pissed.
>>
One company has a fuckin monopoly on car dealerships and "Certified Service Centers" up here in Northern WI.

And once anyone in your fucking lineage breathes on their lot, you are on their mailing list for the next 3 generations.

About a month ago I got an offer for a 6 quart oil change, 4 tire rotation, and a multi point inspection for about 25 USD. So I called to set an appointment.

>XXXXXX Service Center how can I help you?
Blah blah wanna set appointment
>What vehicle?
05 GMC Envoy XL
>k, those actually take about 9 quarts of our premium GM oil
What's the final cost?
>right now about $60
Um ok, my Check Engine light is also on, could you guys take a look at that?
>yeah absolutely! We will have to do that in our GM Certified Service Center though
Ok, so whats the final cost now?
>Well checking the engine light itself at our GM Certified Service Center is gonna be about $50 extra, so you are looking around $110. So I have you marked down for tomorrow at 2, will that work?

Immediately hung up, went to AutoZone, checked the light for free, bought oil elsewhere (5W-30), changed it myself, took it to auto instructor at local college for inspection and allignment only cost me about $10.

Fuck those Service Center cunts. They still send me mail every week
>>
>>14023168

I think it's because these old guys sit around all day watching those reality car shows and think hurr hurr my car is collectible hurr hurr

>>14023343

Carmakers usually do not give a single fuck if their dealers sell cars over MSRP.
>>
>>14026546

Soon to be.
>gotta go fast
>killed self
>>
>>14030395
They're Millenials 1.0
>>
>>14026494
Nice shoes, sperg.
>>
>>14032325
FELLOW WISCONSIN FAG REPORTING IN.
Milwaukee for liiiffee
>>
>>14033840
AYY! Rhinelander here.
Got relatives in Waukesha, whenever I go down by them I make sure to stop in the city for shits and giggles
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.