[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We discuss cars that we like but would/might not buy for several

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
We discuss cars that we like but would/might not buy for several reasons.

A friend of mine recently bought a 2002 Lincoln LS V6 5speed.

At first I thought it was a meh unreliable Ford/Jaguar car.

I got a ride in it one day and thought that it was comfy but still meh.

It was a long trip and my friend got tired so we changed places.

I drove it for about 9-10 hours and God damnit I loved it. It was a really nice comfortable cruiser.

I checked how expensive parts are and they are really not that expensive...

I might consider buying one now...

Anyone with similar stories?

Pic related
>>
I had a 2000 ls v8, but it was the black one with chrome trim. It was really nice but you get like 20 mpg and when shit starts going wrong its expensive to fix
>>
>>14011080
I guess not too expensive if you do all the work yourself.
>>
File: 9612200[1].jpg (191KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
9612200[1].jpg
191KB, 600x450px
>Charger R/T
Automagic
>ND Miata
pic related front fascia. Would consider if it comes with a factory hardtop/coupe though.
>Audi A5/S5
lolsteering
>C7 Vette
Too many gears on the MT. (Fuck off benchracers, this isn't the Z06)
>911 (991/997)
Engine in the wrong place, too many seats, too many gears. I know the Cayman exists and it's one of my favorite cars but it didn't deserve to be neutered because of MUH FLAGSHIP
>S550 Mustang GT
Value is going to plummet the second it gets a mid-life engine replacement
>>
>>14011104
Also
>Toybaru
Not a bad car but doesn't really do much better than its competition. If they could get its 0-60 down to about 5 seconds for under 35k we'd be talking.
>>
>>14011080
What parts specifically are expensive?
>>
>>14011104
>Engine in the wrong place
learn to drive you pussy boy

>it didn't deserve to be neutered
huur duur its neutered because they didnt make it better than a 911 gt2

so many retarded people on /o/
>>
File: 1297621737589.jpg (582KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1297621737589.jpg
582KB, 1920x1200px
>a classic Skyline
no parts in america land
>>
>>14012141
Are you seriously this retarded or just trolling?
>>
>>14012155
overnight parts from Nipponland are still a thing if you're willing to pay for them
>>
>>14010886
I had a 2002 LS V8 back in the day, they are pretty great cars. V6 sounds pretty gay tho t b h
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 522x354px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 522x354px
>>14012173
I know but I'd rather have the V6 because of it's manual transmission... Long term wise the manual transmission will outlive the automagic transmission

Decisions decisions... •__•
>>
>>14010886
I bought a 2003 Ford Focus wagon because it wasn't in bad shape, I needed a DD right meow, and was tired of searching.
Turns out it's everything I wanted in a car. Perfect size, good build quality, reliable, economic, and while it isn't fast or RWD, it handles very well for what it is.
I also like the looks and parts are cheap.
>>
>>14012168
>waiting 3 months for X part because you think that's why your car isnt starting
>after 3 months finally install part
>car still doesnt start
>repeat

Don't get me wrong I'd love to own one when I have garage space but I don't have space for my second dream car at the moment.
>>
>Lincoln LS
Manual was base model V6 only, and hard to find
V8 was auto only, and the auto transmission was absolute garbage
Heated mirrors that owners would leave on 24/7, so almost every used LS is either missing mirrors or they're brown beyond use

Basically, the LS is for people who want a Lincoln but can't afford a real one, so they buy a beat to shit LS for 2 grand

Also my sister has one
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>14012260
>Basically, the LS is for people who want a Lincoln but can't afford a real one, so they buy a beat to shit LS for 2 grand

Well honestly thats the only Lincoln that I like...

I really like it. All of the manual ones around here go for 2K like you said but pretty much all of them are past the 200K mark...

And the 6cyl engine goes for dirt cheap (around $600 with low miles)

I just found it amazingly good.
>>
>>14010886
>A friend of mine recently bought a 2002 Lincoln LS V6 5speed.

How did he find one? They're fucking rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
>>14014425
He just found it... Luck I guess... Besides thats what makes me want one... I don't know why but that makes it special a little bit.

There are 4 for sale around me. They are all past the 169K mark and they all look mint. But again... Mileage. I don't mind dropping in a new engine (its cheap anyway) but who knows... Maybe there's a low mileage one somewhere.

They all cost around 1.5K to 2.6K
>>
>>14012126
any suspension part is jag. not cheap stuff. window motors failed regularly. the clock spring in the steering wheel was garbage and i had to replace mine twice.
>>
>>14010886
I recently bought a 2000 LS V6 for $600 because the fuel pump went out after the prior owners had spent a lot on brakes and tires and they were more than done with the car. If I'd been looking for one I'd have gotten a V8 but I figured for a beater, what the hell.

Turns out to be surprisingly fun to drive. It's no rocket ship but neither is it embarrassing. Rides a little firmer than I'd really like in a cruiser but not horrible. It absolutely hates going into curves and corners neutral or throttle off. Going in power-on transforms the car from borderline miserable to really fun and it doesn't take that much power. Just a light acceleration is noticeably better.

It's the interior that shows Lincoln wasn't ready to play in the segment though. While Lincoln used the V6 model to try and say the car was competition for the 3 series and A4's at $30K it was really up against 5 series and A6's and the interior styling and materials just aren't in the ball park. Think 90's base Taurus and you're pretty close.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.