[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So enough wacking off to cars you fucking faggots, teach me how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: triggerwarning.jpg (22KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
triggerwarning.jpg
22KB, 380x285px
So enough wacking off to cars you fucking faggots, teach me how to drive. Good habits and shit to follow, shit to avoid? Can you drive well but still be fast? What about mpg, can you maximize that while driving "well"?
>>
>>14006799
Don't drive with high RPM's. Drive for the conditions. Do not tailgate. Use your blinkers. Do not use your horn unless it is to prevent an accident. Be aware of your surroundings.
>>
>>14009334
This
If your RPMs go too high, you have to pull over and take a nap or play some cards while you wait for them to drop. Never drive when your RPMs are high, even if you think you're a better driver when you're redlining.

Always plan ahead and set a designated tachometer.
>>
>>14006799

You can hypermile all you want when there's no traffic or nobody behind you. If you pull that accelerating slow and going under the speed limit shit when it's busy then you deserve to get in an accident, don't waste other people's time.

Accelerating properly and syncing up all the green lights will save gas, pussyfooting it to the next set of lights just wastes time, gas and other people's time.
>>
Adjust your mirrors. Hands at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock. Wear your safety belt. Sit up straight. Keep the volume low. Keep a safe distance between yourself and the vehicle ahead of you; on the highway, that's 4 seconds. Don't speed. Man the brake when your foot's not on the gas pedal. Always signal your intention
>>
>>14009353
/thread
>>
Always make sure to never interrupt the flow of traffic. So, pay attention to your surroundings and don't brake all the time.
>>
>>14009364
>Hands at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock
9 & 3 or go home. Anything below those is asking for trouble.
>>
Don't ride the ass of people in bumper to bumper traffic.
People need to get the fuck over and you do NOT come first.
The flow of traffic does.
I have personally fucking decimated traffic jams by pulling back literally 5 car lengths from the car in front of me. When everyone was less 1/5th away.
>>
>>14009385
Your risk of losing your thumbs from a deploying airbag are higher at 9 & 3 and 10 & 2 than at 8 & 4, so this is what driving instructors now teach. They also teach to not turn with a wiping motion (using the palm of your hand all the way around). Instead, you're now taught to push up with one hand and pull down with the other in order to keep your arm out of the way of a deploying airbag.
>>
>>14009402
That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard
>>
Go do some donuts or some shit in a parking lot every so often so you can feel the breaking point of traction with your car.
It's also fun.
>>
>>14009402
What the fuck. I went to a safety course a couple of months ago and 9&3 was the standard. The fear of airbags come second to driving ergonomics and actually being able to control your car properly.
>>
>>14009461
Yeah, you're a fucking liar. Get out of here.

People like you should stay on Reddit. And take off that poser tripcode, jesus you're such a cringe
>>
>>14006799

If someone is coming up behind you are you arent in the slowest lane let them pass. Its none of your business why they are hurrying just be courteous and let them through.
In turn you can also drive at your own pace and expect other to let you through.
>>
>>14009489
>Implying I use reddit anymore
Also safety courses are part of license progression here.
>>
File: file.jpg (93KB, 597x455px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
93KB, 597x455px
>>14009528
>anymore
>>
>>14009534
Doesn't change the fact that anything apart from 9&3 implies you don't know how to drive.
>>
Try to leave 1.5 - 2 car lengths between you and the car in front of you at avg cruising speed. Increase distance for higher speeds or less than ideal conditions.

Cars have turn signals for a reason, use them.

Check your blindspots when doing a lane change, even if you're 99% sure there's not a car there.

One lane at a time when lane changing. Don't just fly over 2-3 lanes at once unless it's absolutely necessary or you're on a totally empty street.

Go with the flow of traffic, even if it's a few over the speed limit.

Give way to people lane changing, merging, turning, etc. Don't be a dick.

Don't block streets/busy entrances when there's heavy traffic. Leave space for people to turn in or out.
>>
>>14009545
Was 10&2 when I got my license, but that was a long time ago. Most people just find what they're most comfortable with, as long as it doesn't impede your driving, I'd say go with that.
>>
>>14009545
>inexperienced kid telling anyone else they don't know how to drive
>>
>>14009528
Notice how I called you out on using Reddit
Your fedora-ass name was a dead giveaway, first of all because no one knows who you are yet you felt the need to use it, and second because it's the lamest fucking name you could have chosen. Literally the only worse name I can think of is "Steve-buddy1990"
Kill yourself. Choke yourself to death with the strap to the DSLR you bought with your zionbucks paycheque. Or you could just leave.
>>
>>14009545
leddit pls go
>>
>>14009551
Few more:

When you're parked on the side of the street always signal and make sure it's clear before you pull out.

When there's traffic, always watch at least a few cars in front of you. If you see brake lights, ease off the gas.

Give big trucks/busses/etc extra room when pulling out in front of them. They take much longer to stop.

It's harder to judge the approaching speed the larger the vehicle is. If you're not absolutely sure you can pull out and accelerate to speed safely, then don't risk it.

If you're driving with someone else, font let them dictate how you drive. Drive how you drive, and don't drive in a way that makes you uncomfortable just because some fucker is trying to back seat drive.

Bridges/overpasses get icy much quicker than regular streets, keep that in mind when it's cold + wet.

If you start to slide/skid, don't slam on the brakes. If your wheels lock up, you lose all the control you have. Brake as hard as possible without locking up your wheels.

Many new drivers tend to oversteer when overtaking, avoiding other cars, or in a slide. Be careful not to panic and do it.

When going down a street with cars parked on the side, keep a watch out for kids. They sometimes run out from in front of cars and you don't always have much time to react. I personally drive in the middle of the road when there's lots of cars parked on the sides of at all possible.
>>
>>14009562
At least I get basic shit right unlike the guy I replied to in the first place.
>>14009563
You got everything wrong except the fact that I once used Reddit and my trip is shit. But I'm sure you could come up with something soooo original and quality right?
>>
>>14009616
>you got everything wrong except for everything you said
>>
>>14009624
>Ignoring the DSLR and Starbucks generalisation
>>
>>14009624
He's talking about the Starbucks/neck fedora joke that I made at the end. I think he's pretending to be retarded. Either way, he doesn't belong here and neither does his gay trip
>>
Less bickering with each other and more posting about cars. Kthx.
>>
>>14009631
I think I'll stay thanks :^)
>>
>>14009637
Gee, I'm so angry that I couldn't force you to leave over the Internet. Something must be wrong with me to be incapable of that.

Hope you feel le unwelcome. You'll just leave the first time le someone argues with you XD
>>
>>14009641
>implying I'm a newfag.
The only thing new is the trip.
>>
>>14009652
XD le trip is new but the fag is old XD bin here since Jessi slaughter :P but I only go on reddit for intellectual discussion *lights tobacco pipe and vapes at the same time*
>>
Avoid large suvs on highways if you can (bit hard when they are majority now). Most of them drive like shitbeads cus muh safety barrier or muh escalade rich-nigga mentality.
>>
>>14009611
>When you're parked on the side of the street
Also:
At night and in the dark turn your low beams off if you'll be parked for a while. You do not want to be blind oncoming traffic unnecessary.
>>
>>14009402
>push pull steering

hell naw
>>
>>14009658
Bruh being pedantic doesn't help ya. I'm not that old but I've been posting on here as anon more than a year now.
>>
>>14009685
...how was I being pedantic at all? Le reddit vocabulary. Just stop. I was half fucking with you before but this is ridiculous. Please go back.
>>
>>14009461
>tfw people parked around me said i drove like an old man for using 10 2
>realized the steering on a civic is better one handed till you go past 90° from where your hand started at.
>suddenly know how to park well everywhere and have better control.
Thanks shingo.
>>
>>14009718
I usually drive with my penis
U know just wrap around the bottom part, although i get a tingling sensation when i go over bumps
>>
>>14009742
Wow I really want to suck your penis.
>>
>>14009746
Nice try buddy :^) at least >>14009718 actually tried to address the original topic instead of just telling me to go back to a site I don't even use.
>>
>>14009685
>more than a year now
Look man, I am a long long time lurker, and this post drew me out. I have studied the nature of this site for well over 6 years and you just don't understand the beast your trip and stupid claims have awoken.
>>
>>14009545
One at 9.
The other on the knob
>>
>>14009402
>not teaching to let go just before impact
Typical
>>
>>14009904
CRASH INJURY PREVENTION
Keep in mind that this will not prevent minor injuries but it will minimise the risk of fucking yourself up

>Do NOT brake during understeer or oversteer, this will cause the car to slide (understeer) or spin (oversteering)
instead, ease off the gas & wait for your car to regain grip, countersteer with oversteer
>Do NOT swerve animals / debris / potholes etc
If you HAVE to swerve around something (like a person or another car) your best bet is to use short & sharp steering movements, if you panic, youll lose control. (Dont steer and brake either)

>if youve stopped behind another car at an intersection, and you cant see their wheels, youre too close to them.
General rule to avoid hitting a car infront if you ever get rear ended, but it can also save you from an extra impact that could do some neck damage.
>>
When the clutch drops, the bullshit stops.
>>
>>14009461
This, 8 and 4 is very poor for control.
>>
>>14009461
Enjoy being "de-gloved" when an airbag rips the flesh right off your hands.
>>
Don't touch your phone! Learned that the hard way. Never again.
>>
>>14011240
What did happen?
>>
>>14011245

At red light behind a car, light turned green, we started moving and I looked down at my phone in the centre console to answer a phone call, looked up and car in front had slowed down and I wasn't able to brake in time. Imprinted the contour of my front license plate and both screws in her rear bumper cover.
>>
Been taking driving lessons for 21 months now. A year ago my instructor reckoned it wouldn't take another 20 hours when I asked him. Yet here I am.

Technically I believe I'm fine, but I can't seem to get any sort of consistency or confidence, so driving even for a 90 min lesson becomes too stressful l and I start racking up stupid mistakes.

I cannot understand how people drive for pleasure, nor how the majority of people drive like it's no big deal. Am I doomed to pay for lessons forever?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 480x360px
>>14009718
Don't mention it. Don't stand so close though, people may think were friends.
>>
>>14009611
>you start to slide/skid, don't slam on the brakes. If your wheels lock up, you lose all the control you have. Brake as hard as possible without locking up your wheels.
Doesn't ABS prevent you from locking them up? Pretty sure on modern cars you should slam on them and let the computer do its magic.
>>
Don't be one of those retards that merges on the freeway at 40 when traffic is going 70

Always turn your lights on when it rains

Don't touch your phone, especially in traffic

Always use signals

Only do things like take a drink of water of take a bite of something when you know you're gonna be stopped for while.

Only use your fog lights when you have to

Never drive while extremely tired. I made this mistake once and almost drove off the freeway

Learn how to parallel park properly.

Try and be nice to large trucks

Watch out for soccer moms in suv's. Here in Southern California at least, most of them drive like absolute retards. Same goes for most of the Asians

Try and looks 10-15 seconds ahead of you when driving on the freeway
>>
>>14011258
I've done that. Agreed, never again.
>>
>>14011686
>Only use your fog lights when you have to
This
There's so many sinners out there
>>
>>14011312
I think it's because you always have an instructor next to you who watches you with a keen eye that gets you nervous. Once you get your license and start driving alone the initial nervousness will pass/
>>
>>14011854
>people in Jukes using the foglights to try and make their car look less retarded
JUST
>>
>>14011854
You mean front or rear? I only have rear and actually didn't know they are so fucking bright until I was told so like a month ago.

Blinkers, mirrors and seasonal tires - they have reasons to be and be used.

Never drive angry, tired or with a bitchy passenger.
>>
>>14011971
>You mean front or rear?
Front originally, but rear as well.
>>
>>14011433
ABS only works after the wheel has already locked up, it doesn't prevent it completely. You should still apply the brake slowly.
>>
>>14009402
>you risk losing your thumbs

no, you don't.

>push-pull steering

no.

i tend to reserve this kind of stupid for other boards. leave it to /o/ to perpetuate boomer driving habits and age-old fw:fw:fw: memes, i guess?
>>
>>14009718
> better one handed
why?
i park fine and have good control with two hands
>>
When I'm racing where I hold my wheel depends on the corner. Usually somewhere around 9-3 though most of the time.

When I'm driving on the street literally like 90% of the time I have one thumb and index finger at 6'clock.
>>
>>14009402
>implying i still have my airbag
>>
>>14011312

Different people like different things. I love driving and last time I added up all the miles I've driven I'm closing in on a million miles. I drive a lot less nowadays though.

Watch the cars that are several places ahead of you. If their brake lights light up you'll have more time to slow/stop than if you're looking at only the car in front of you.

Always turn your head when changing lanes. Blindspots can hide a fuckhuge SUV you'll end up crashing into.
>>
>>14011312
probably because you are nervous with him sitting there.
you just need hours behind the wheel and you will become comfortable over time.

also, keep in mind, daily driving is filled with "mistakes". most "mistakes" are made on purpose. in order to not be dangerous/annoying you have to make "mistakes".

There's how it's taught and how it's actually done in the real world. And there's a disconnect between them.

I failed my driving test.. and I had been driving cars on public roads since I was 13 and racing karts and cars on closed courses since age 7. And I still failed over stupid "mistakes" that are meaningless in the real world.

all you need to do is become comfortable. go with the flow of traffic, and be aware of whats happening around you via mirrors and shoulder checking. 99.9% of accidents are either from over-reactive defensive driving and/or not being aware of who is around you. Just gotta relax m8
>>
Drive ahead of yourself.. Don't be a pleb and just watch the car directly in front of you. Always have a quick glance up ahead like 100m up the road. It will save you time by not being stuck behind buses, trucks, will give you time to brake due to an incident, road works etc.. It fucking triggers my autism when I'm driving beside or behind someone and I see up ahead an obstruction in their/my lane for example a bus is merging slowly back onto the road after making a stop.. I usually indicate and jump into the nextlane and off I go.. Meanwhile pleb who drives 2metres ahead of his car at all times doesn't realize this until right at the last second and has to stop to let the bus in or wait to get into the next lane.
>>
>>14010908
i'm not sure how that could happen unless it pulled your skin off in the opposite direction
>>
>>14009402
i just drive with my thumb at the bottom of the wheel. when i make a turn i just use one hand.
>>
>>14015505
yeah i don't even understand how most people on the road just don't pay attention to shit.

you're moving a 3000+lb vehicle at 60+mph, use your fucking eyes
>>
>>14006799
if you want to learn how to drive safely, buy a motorcycle. you'll learn the importance of observance a lot quicker.
>>
>>14015516
It does. Don't look it up. It's not for the faint of heart.
>>
>>14010908
>>14009402
>>14015527

it just seems strange that you'd optimize for the rarer case of getting in an accident, rather than optimizing for accident avoidance.
>>
>>14015363
>boomer habits
Are you joking? Maybe push pull is outdated and unnecessary with power steering, but its still taught to everyone up to police on advanced driving courses.
>>
>>14009402
>because airbags can go off at any moment
thank god I drive a 92 viper then
>>
File: 12351261235134.jpg (249KB, 1600x1024px) Image search: [Google]
12351261235134.jpg
249KB, 1600x1024px
>>14006799
Play GTA:4 Vanilla

Experience city traffic with driving skill of eastern european. You must master the art of stop and go traffic and going fast without crashing all over like any other "Realistic" racing game. A controller with throttle sensitive R2 button is recommended.
>>
>>14015531
It's not strange at all. It's called stupidity, and it is extremely common among American drivers.
>>
File: sad-walrus.jpg (115KB, 474x632px) Image search: [Google]
sad-walrus.jpg
115KB, 474x632px
>>14009402
>Finding: BUSTED

>Explanation: In June 2009, The New York Times reported on a car accident in which one driver nearly got his right thumb ripped off by the force of the airbag detonation. His hand was in the wrong place at the wrong time, firmly planted on the horn when the airbag burst through.

>yfw
>>
Use the damn turn signals
Turn off your fog lights when there's no fog
Don't honk at stoplights
Don't cruise in the overtaking lane
Don't drink, blaze or snort anything before driving. A beer with a meal is okay if you're driving a couple hours later but that's it.
If you get waved over by cops don't start le being detained bullshit. Be respectful and they'll let you go 9/10 times
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.