[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o. I'm finally stable in my career (been working at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: LolaT440Wet.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LolaT440Wet.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /o.

I'm finally stable in my career (been working at my current job for almost a year now, and it's got an extremely comfortable salary), and I'd finally like to take the dip into something I enjoy/want to do as an active hobby.

Obviously, being a true gentleman, I want to get into gentleman's racing, most specifically, Formula Ford/Vee or even Karting.

However, no matter where I look online, I can find little information on what's needed license/registration-wise in my local jurisdiction (Ontario, Canada). I can easily afford the $10G necessary to pick up a Lola T440/Lynx Formula Vee, and I would like to do it sparingly, as more of a fun hobby to improve my skill, such as autocross or time trials, rather than all out racing within a series.

I don't know where to begin, or if I should instead consider purchasing a proper 150CC Kart or something first. I used to race Karts when I was a kid, and was very good at it, but I haven't been behind the wheel of one on a real track since I was 9, and I'm 27 now.

I've thought about calling my local racing CASC club, and inquiring further, but I'd like to hear about other peoples experiences and what I should watch out for first.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Thanks.
>>
File: 1446828598596.png (45KB, 182x228px) Image search: [Google]
1446828598596.png
45KB, 182x228px
>Obviously, being a true gentleman
stopped reading there
kill yourself
>>
If you're 6' or over I wouldn't even bother with a kart.

But, karts are the best competition per dollar that you will ever get. It's proper racing. Club racing with cars doesn't come close to karting from a competition perspective. I would suggest ICC/KZ whatever they call it in Canada. The 6 speed 125cc class.

Formula Ford / Vee would be cool, but I still think you'd get more fun and competition per dollar from karting tbqh. Maybe Canada has a better entry level formula car scene though.

You should just call them. If you don't know where to call, call the chassis manufactures and ask them what series they supply in your area. Finding licensing and registration information is always a bitch.
>>
Look up your local track or club, inquire about whether they offer licensing courses, sign up for one and get the license. if you then think it's something you want to persue further (you might be a racing enthusiast but sitting in a racing car on a racing track is a completely different experience which many find too intimidating afterwards), get the car, do a few track days with it to see if you can drive the car on pace with others, and by then you should know about everything to enter your first race
>>
>>14003279

>Can't read a joke.

Don't worry anon, it's okay, you grew up in the text generation, where reading is based entirely on self-interpretation. Just a heads up, usually when someone says "Obviously" at the beginning of a sentence, that sentence is going to be at least, in part, somewhat satirical, unless it's a laden fact.
>>
>>14003296
>sitting in a racing car on a racing track is a completely different experience
And a completely different experience for your wallet!
>>
>>14003279
>tfw you will never be as autistic as this anon
>>
>>14003312
my wallet knows that feel too well. rip my short racing career
>>
>>14003316
>>14003308
>samefagging
>>
>>14003296

OP said he didn't want to race though, he said he wanted to do time trials and autocross. I gather he would rather improve under timed conditions than competitively. I myself have met many people like this in my (admittedly) amateur racing career, most notably, the older guys who simply want to perfect their skills as a driver. Usually young guys aren't drawn into this type of "sterile" form of practice, so I don't think a lot of the people on this board will be able to help him on that front, but you are most certainly correct about licensing and perhaps getting out there for one or two laps to see what it's like.

OP, do you have a phone number for your local racing club/series?
>>
File: Okay.jpg (292KB, 1893x818px) Image search: [Google]
Okay.jpg
292KB, 1893x818px
>>14003321

>too pussy to admit he's an idiot.
>>
OP Here... bump?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.