[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /A/ Im considering buying a car, in around 7-8 months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: a11.jpg (67KB, 995x579px) Image search: [Google]
a11.jpg
67KB, 995x579px
Hello /A/

Im considering buying a car, in around 7-8 months when i have the payment ready(4-5k).

Im 20 years and currently studying at college at the side i have a job.

I want to buy a used car, i've been looking at an Audi A1 for 19k $

The down payment is roughly 4k and i'll have to pay 222 $ a month for 7 years(84 months) interest pro anno is 6 %.

The ones i've been looking at have been going 74k miles and fabricated in 2012

Mostly im curious does this sound like a bad idea? 222 $ a month doesnt seem bad. But 7 years into future is a lot which i think is what seem so scary.

Im from Denmark and cars are in general expensive compared to what you really get.
>>
I recommend buying a 90s beater with your $5k instead. No $222 a month (plus don't forget, MUCH cheaper insurance) is very nice. You can use that money to do fun things instead. Get an old corolla or something those last forever, I dunno what the used car market is like in Denmark but $5k can get you a really nice condition one here.
>>
>>13997581
It literally wont get me anything in Denmark and i want my first car to be a great experience. I know it can be hard to predict the future but i would be keeping the A1 for as long as it would make sense(Repair cost and such). And from what i know Audis can drive pretty far before the engine gives up so i dont think 7 years is unrealistic for a 2012 model with around 74k miles on the engine? I could be wrong i dont know much.
And when it comes to money and fun - i live alone, i workout, go to college and have a job i have the fun i "need" and could easily spare the 222 $ and even more.
>>
>>13997546
What the fuck is /A/? Buy a civic and shut up.
>>
>>13997604
Well, if you really want a newer car I can't convince you otherwise. I just don't see the point in 7 years of debt and hundreds of dollars a month just for a nicer looking thing to go from point A to B in when a beater does the job just fine. Also you're not going to get a particularly great experience with a bargain basement economy car no matter how new it is or what badge is on the grille. It's still slow and cheap and built for the sole purpose of going from A to B.
>>
>>13997604

Buy a cheap beater. For real.

Don't get yourself chained to a car that you'll have to baby because you'll be tied to credit. Leave that kind of shit after you get a house/family whatever.

Plus, you'll have a lot more fun buying cheap beaters, trashing them out and buying another one a short time after.

Buy since you're looking into an A1, you're probably nothing more than a status whore so I've just wasted some precious minutes of my time writing this.
>>
>>13997643
Thought it was /A/ then i saw that it was some kind of cartoon page and realized it was /O/ my bad.

>>13997680
Problably a brand whore, wont deny it - I just dont see the point of buying a beater that i would be forced to replace within short time.(Compared to a newer car).
>>
>>13997712
Then why are you asking if you are set on getting a new car and especially an A1?
>>
>>13997712
You don't have to trash it and replace it. Take care of your beater and it will last many many years. After 7 years this A1 will just be another old beater as well, only you'll have spent FAR more money on it. If you want to keep up with the joneses in always having a car with current styling you're going to have to keep trading it in every few years anyway. Leave it to the common plebs to obsess over such superficial things. If you're gonna spend $19k on a car it damn well better be a good, cool car, not the cheapest thing on the lot.
>>
>>13997735
It would be my first car purchase and also biggest purchase in general and while 222 $ doesnt sound like a lot, 7 years does on the other hand so im getting opinions before i get to a conclusion.
>>
>>13997767
Only thinking about the monthly payment is for poor people. The interesting number is the APR and the total amount you'll be paying in the end.
>>
>>13997712

Because your car will end up old and you'll will be chained to it due to the credit.

Plus, you're age is to discover and experiment. Not to be tied to shit. Plus, the probability you'll end up wrecking it is over than 50%.

Do whatever the fuck you feel like. Everyone has told you that what you're doing is retarded. Your idea won't change and haven't came here for advice, you've came here to try and get some assurance.

Shitheads like yourself and sad.
>>
>>13997781

Plus maintenance. Plus expected bills. Plus running costs.

That car would never ever only cost 222 a month.

Especially being a disguised VW where the brand takes advantage on that and rips costumers out of their eye sockets.

inb4 OP is one of those faggets that buys a half decent car and then resorts to the cornershop for auto work completely fucking up the car in a couple months.
>>
>>13997755
I dont want to replace it every few years, my parents always bought a somewhat nice car and would also have for around 7-10 years and i guess thats why i want to do the same.

>>13997781
Idk, it seems a lot easier to relate by breaking it up to months and i would also be able to pay more that the 222 $ over the period i would have payed 22.5k for the car(7 years).

Im not dead set on this - im just airing my opinion and getting ideas.
>>
>>13997786
Another side benefit to beaters is you can actually afford to wreck it. You've got $222/mo to spend on tires and hooning around your local race tracks with no worries of ruining your financial life if you fuck up and stuff it in the armco. So you actually get a much better car experience with a beater.
>>
>>13997546
ESPECIALLY IF YOURE IN COLLEGE

NEVER FINANCE A CAR
>NEVER FINANCE A CAR
NEVER FINANCE A CAR
>NEVER FINANCE A CAR
NEVER FINANCE A CAR
>NEVER FINANCE A CAR

Trust me, this advice will help you so much.
>>
>>13997886

I had the chance to drive a brand new car after getting my license and a couple years after buying a 200€ beater. A VW Polo 1.4 diesel. Had the best fun on that shit. End up killing the engine doing a pedal to the metal 500Km trip.

But of course if you're one those faggits like OP who cares about what others think, beaters aren't for you.
>>
>He wants an Audi
>He wants to finance it

OP I'll throw you a bone. That car will cost you close to, if not over $500 a month. You're young so insurance will rape you. Its an Audi so premium fuel will rape you. Maintenance will rape you. Repairs (yes the engine won't break but a TON of small things will. Its an Audi with 75k miles, that's a LOT) will rape you. Tires will rape you. The high interest rate will rape you. If you wreck it you're fucked. If you're done with it 5 years from now, you have 2 more years of paying for a car you don't even get to drive. If you do it on student loans you're even more fucked. Everything you said is wrong.

Listen, you sound like a faggot who buys stuff for the logo (ie Apple users), so I'll explain something to you. A "beater" does not mean the car is shit and has paint falling off and is missing seats. A beater is just a cheap car that you can beat up if you want because you DIDNT FUCKING FINANCE IT. Everything, especially insurance will be infinitely cheaper. Everything. If you have 5k, and HAVE to finance, don't get a car over 8k, just don't. Again, that Audi will cost you $500 a month and once it hits 100k miles a ton of shit will start to break.
>>
>>13998061
This. OP, if you wanna be a brand whore and want to spend $20k, then at least buy a good used German car. Not a base model Audi.
>>
>>13998061

I'll just say: "abs module". Like clockwork on Audis at 125.000Km.

700€ + plus labour.

Hope OP likes vaseline.
>>
>financially binding yourself seven years for a car

Do we really have to discuss this?

Shit idea.
>>
>>13997811
>22.5k for a subcompact with 75k miles
I know, scandinavia is expensive, but still
>>
>>13998061
Op here, thanks i appreciate that and i will probably end up with something around the 8k mark with no finance as i said its 7-8 months into the future.
>>
lol, using credit for an used car

just get a beater
>>
>>13997546
I just paid a loan off and it's the best feeling ever. I'm never going into debt again, it's a horrible feeling only normies can tolerate. Dont do it man
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.