[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I'm in the market for a luxury SUV for my wife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: cadillac-escalade-auto-show.jpg (218KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
cadillac-escalade-auto-show.jpg
218KB, 1280x850px
Hey /o/,

I'm in the market for a luxury SUV for my wife and kids. I'm looking at the Cadillac Escalade.

What's the opinion about this car? I'm also white but race association isn't a problem with the new Escalades. I'm just wanting something that's maximum comfort when driving.

If you have any alternatives please let me know but the vehicle Gross weight must be above 6,000lbs (tax purposes) and luxury.

BTW I get $25,000 off any SUV that has a vehicle weight exceeding 6000lbs
>>
>getting paid to use more gas

Why does our government want to deplete our natural resources so quickly? Surly we should focus on inner-planetary travel before so willingly draining our own at the very least..
>>
>>13997427
Check out oil prices m8. Been steadily dropping due to the high amount of reserves we have. Add Iran to the mix and you've got cheaper gas coming
>>
>>13997441
It ain't going to last forever

about 100 years tops at this rate
>>
Cadillac does considerably better than the regular chevy cars.
my cousins have the 1st gen escalade with 280K miles and it still runs fine.
interior is very worn though, i don't think it holds up as well as the german stuff.
>>
>>13997413
Here's a cool tip: buy a GMC Yukon Denali and you will save a cool $10,000+ for the exact same vehicle.
>>
>>13997441

Good thing we fucked with the mudslimes water supply. Vapid consumerism FTW.
>>
File: 1447543545340.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447543545340.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>13997480
>about 100 years tops at this rate
>>
imo escalades ONLY work in major cities like chicago or ny. and pretty much only at night.

otherwise you look ghetto or sortof 'beverly hillbilly'

but a black escalade driving around the near north shore looks pretty good
>>
>>13997441
>Check out oil prices m8. Been steadily dropping due to the high amount of reserves we have.
you are fucking stupid
>>
>>13999916
*near north side
>>
You're so fucking lucky. If you need a lot of space get the ESV though.
>>
>>13999674
That's not a justification to get a Yukon.. why not just pay the 100 premium and upgrade the badge?

>>13999916
I'm in a major city if that helps

>>13999945
ESV is too much of a boat and my family isn't that big lol
>>
>>14000722
Because you get to save money anon. Don't you want to save money?

Try also looking at a Mercedes Benz GL-class. I hear those are very good high-end large SUVs.
>>
>>13997413
>BTW I get $25,000 off any SUV that has a vehicle weight exceeding 6000lbs
Why??
>>
get a g wagon
>>
>>14001060
No, get a Unimog
>>
>>13999674
So the badge is only difference and nothing much under the hood?!
>>
File: Escaladedubdub.jpg (195KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Escaladedubdub.jpg
195KB, 800x800px
>>13997413
My mom has had her 2010 for a few years now, put probably 80k on it.
Small electrical gremlins have been only problems. Drivers seat heat failed, cruise control too. Nothing serious though.
I prefer the 1st (2nd technically) gen Escalade personally, seats are more comfy.
Havent driven a new one though.

I got mine when only white people owned them, and still only own them around here, you may live in some minority shithole and have to deal with the stereotypes but if you can deal they're great.

The '10 is fun in the winter with the OEM 22'' with those rubber bands they come with.
Dont get a 2WD one. Platinum package isnt worth it.
>>
>>14001142
The front is completely different along with the magnetic suspension I thought.

>>14000927
I already get 25K. I had a GL in 2011. I hated it

>>14000988
http://www.section179.org/section_179_vehicle_deductions.html

All business owners are entitled to it.
>>
If you're in the market for a stupidly-expensive luxury land-yacht SUV you can't go wrong with the Escalade.

The exterior and interior styling is miles ahead of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Porsche, but the touchscreen controls are pretty goddamn annoying. You've got most of the essentials on the steering wheel though, and the wood actually looks like real wood unlike the super glossy shit all the German cars love to display so prominently nowadays.
>>
>>13997413
It's overpriced compared to the Yukon and Suburban but they look nice
>>
>>14001164
So get 4WD? And only black people can afford the old ones. You'll never see them cruising in anything newer than 2012.

So which trim gets the most bang for my buck? I'm wanting blind spot assist and adaptive cruise controls. Maybe a nicer than normal stereo since I'm a bit of an audiophile and cheap stereos grind my gears.

I'm mostly interested in the escalade because of its magnetic suspension.
>>
>>14001173
So I'm hearing the escalade is top right now?

>>14001181
They're like 10K more
>>
>>14001166
A 25k deduction does not mean a 25k discount.
>>
>>14001209
$10,000 can be a nice addition to any sort of rainy day fund, or throw it towards your kids college fund or something. You're currently about to waste $10,000 just because it doesn't sound like much of a discount when you're already paying $80,000.

This is why most people these days are idiots with their money. I'm sure OP will respond saying he's some sort of wealthy business owner who clears six figures with the first number not being a 1 or a 2 so $10,000 is something he wipes his ass with currently, which is fair, but just because you make six figures, does not mean you have to spend six figures.

However, ain't my money. Spend it as you wish, OP.
>>
>>13997480
See
>>13999790

They've been saying it's only got 100 years left for 50 years now.

I don't think we're going to continue mining it out of the ground, it definitely isn't renewable and people know that. It's the elephant in the room but we're not going to run out any time soon.

Here's the thing, I don't think nuclear will ever catch on, too scary for normies, electricity will go nowhere without infrastructure and/or better batteries, hydrogen is cool but it needs a TON of development, I wish we could go this way but... Where I think the real money is is being able to farm our own synthetic fuels by sciencing the shit out of it.
>>
>>14001666
Nice trips. It's also a lease so I'll get a new one every 2 years. Been doing this for awhile because it's a great write off for my business.

Your premise assumes I'm buying.

>>14001232
It's more than 25K in write offs m8. Mileage and fuel as well. Shame they got rid of the depreciation write off.

>>14001682
Most likely hydrogen or electric will be the way of the future.
>>
>>13997413
My girlfriend has a new Escalade.
Surprisingly, it's very nice and not bad looking. A bit overstyled but that's my opinion.

Personally i'd still go for a Range Rover, they're much better stlll.
>>
>>14003468
My sister-in-law had one. I was able to drive it for a week. It was very uncomfortable.
>>
>>14003454
Not the same guy.
I have never leased a car and bought a car either. A poor collage fag here. My question is, do you get you car updated every 2 years when you are on a lease?
>>
>>13999674
Not OP but I will tell you the harsh reality of this consumerist driven world we live in. The silly badge makes a huge difference.
>>
My mom drives a '13 escalade platinum and it is super comfy. I personally would never buy one even if I had the money but if you want a big luxury suv it's pretty great.
>>
>>14003494
Well a lease is nice if you own a business or you're a 1099 employee since you get all these cool write offs.

Benefits of leasing vs buying are:

1. Car is never yours so you can abuse/total it and not have the liability

2. Only pay for 1 oil change during you're entire tenure (assuming you do a 24K mile lease)

3. You don't have to worry about resale value or depreciation.

4. Tax write offs.

5. Let's you enjoy luxury vehicles without the dreaded "50K miles repairs"

Only negatives are:

1. Viewed as a liability from a credit score standpoint and not an asset.

2. You drive more than the lease offers

3. You just prefer to own your car.

The nice thing about leases is that after 2 years, if you love the car then you can buy it and the amount you've paid becomes part of the down payment.

>>14003532
You're talking about a monthly payment difference between $900 per month (fully loaded yukon) and $950 per month (luxury escalade)
>>
>>13997480
We find new reserves regularly that will last us decades if not longer. We're still finding it faster than we can use it, and there are tons of huge reserves that are slightly harder to get to that we'll tap into if prices reach the point where it's financially viable.

There's metric fucktons of oil in the US that the government wants to save so that we can become a super power in a few millennia when everyone else runs out. (that's why we're importing so much) Plus you've got the locals that just plain refuse to let us access the easy oil because they think the goberment will throw up an oil rig in their yard without asking them.

At this rate, oil is not an issue and will not be as far as we can foresee. After all, it is techinally a renewable resource that is created naturally in amounts too big for you to even comprehend.

tl;dr: "running out of oil" is a falsified rumor used to promote the sales of "green" cars even if they're just as bad or worse for the planet in the long run. It's a scare tactic. "Buy my electric car or we'll run out of oil and the apocalypse will be your fault. Please do not do any research into oil reserves."
That thing about only using 10% of your brain? Also false.

>>14001173
>The exterior and interior styling is miles ahead of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Porsche
Most of /o/ will probably disagree because muh german engineering special anti american snowflake, but you're right. All of them have gone mostly unchanged as far as styling go for well over a decade. And to be honest, they were already headed downhill when they got here. But maybe that's why they stopped with major styling changes.
>>
>>14003717
>You don't have to worry about resale value or depreciation
Because you're paying that value to lease the car whether the vehicle depreciates that much or not. I wouldn't exactly consider that a pro. You're paying in and when it's over you've got nothing.
>>
>>14005800
You always have the option to buy the car at the end of your lease m8
>>
>>13997413
My buddy gets a new one every year. Very nice cars, do yourself a favor and check out the Range Rover though, I got one as an SUV because it drove a little more like a car, which was easier for me to deal with.
>>
>>13997480

And why should anybody in this thread care about what happens in 100 years?
>>
>>14003717
Exactly, for $50 you can drive a Cadillac instead of a GMC.What are you getting at here?
>>
>>14010024
The guy was saying I should save the $50 a month and drive a Yukon.

>>14009839
Wife is driving it so I doubt she cares about the drive. Lol
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.