[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /o/ can I have advice/opinions/stories about the ford ranger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: trukk.jpg (123KB, 1476x852px) Image search: [Google]
trukk.jpg
123KB, 1476x852px
Hi /o/ can I have advice/opinions/stories about the ford ranger? I was thinking of buying one I saw that only had 100k miles, are the smaller, older ones reliable?
>>
You're better off with an S-10 because it's not a ford and when your balls drop you can do a v8 swap.
>>
rangers are without a doubt the best mid sized truck you can get.

if it has the a4ld at 100k and hasnt been rebuilt, make sure you have the money to fix it because that is the weakest point.
>>
>>13997387
I'm asking about ford rangers not chevy.
>>13997395
A4ld is automatic yeah? It's a manual 5 speed which i think are more reliable but idk
>>
>>13997410
the 5 speeds are mazda tansmissions, very stout

my 2001 ranger had 200k on it when i sold it, and its still on the road today
>>
>>13997410
You are asking about ford rangers and im replying that they arent as good as chevy you twat
>>
Dont fuck with an automatic version, they make the truck even more sluggish. Both the 2.3 OHV, 2.5, and, 2.3 duratec are good 4 bangers. 3.0 Vulcan is a dog, 4.0 is pretty good.
>>
>>13997428
yeah the one im looking at is a 2001. What do you think they are worth? prices seem all over the place on craigslist.
>>13997433
If I wanted a chevy I would have made a thread asking about chevy, pls go
>>
>>13997443
Link to truck
>>
>>13997452
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5348977310.html

there are so many on there but almost none state the odometer so I ignore them since I imagine they are at like 300k or something
>>
>>13997443
2001 is a great year, went to live axle up front so you dont have to worry about the vacuum hubs (if its 4x4)

mine was a 2001 4x4 4.0 sohc 4 door, thing was a fucking beast, very quick for what it was, 4x4 worked like a champ (just dont use it on pavement or you will grenade the transfercase), suspension was great.

i delivery drove tens of thousands of miles in it in los angeles, tons of traffic driving and like 30+ motor starts a day and never an issue.

like the guy said above, the 4 bangers are okay if you have a regular cab, decent mileage just dont expect it to be quick even with a manual, the 3.slow is a dog, and the 4.0 is the best motor you can get in those things

i have a subaru now but i miss my ranger, i hope to track it down in a year or two and rebuy it
>>
>>13997468
Jew him down. Drive it and see what you think. Those pedal covers look weird. It's the OHV 2.3, pretty much unkillable, change the oil and filter and you'll be set. Check the rear spring shackles, if their fucked it's about 100 per side in parts to fix.
>>
>>13997492
ugh he's too fucking far I texted him. what do you think I should offer for a similar one though?
>>
>>13997440
>that feel when automatic
>that feel when shitty 5r55e
>that feel when valve body and epr solenoid needs to be replaced
>>
I have a 2000 with the gutless 3.0L Vulcan v6. Theyre slow but they'll run forever. Not great mpgs in the high teens. I'd recommend a 5 speed, just be wary of the slave cylinder problem.
>>
>>13997492

Concur with what this fellow says.

My grandmother (who is 70) has a 99 B2300, which is literally a badge engineered Ranger, that is still running flawlessly to this day. The only thing it has ever needed is basic maintennce items. Oil changes and the like.

The Ranger you linked in your post.. >>13997468

At 100k miles, I would check to see how much maintenance the owner has put into it. By this point, it'd be due for a timing belt/water pump change and being nearly 15 years old. It wouldn't hurt to replace the other belts and possibly a couple of hoses. Beyond that, they're unkillable trucks.
>>
>>13998004
5r55e is a very solid transmission, most of the time it is just the valve body seal and not the assembly itself that goes bad, and sometimes a band adjustment
>>
>>13998013
>slave cylinder problem.

This killed mine, gave up on trying to fix it, sold it and moved on.

That slave is fucking hell. Literally the worst design ever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.