[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Car features you don't like >rear-view cameras >driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1445367791199.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1445367791199.gif
81KB, 182x249px
ITT: Car features you don't like
>rear-view cameras
>driver assistance braking (or whatever it's called)
>sport/performance mode on autotragics
>>
>>13997287

>not liking rear-view cameras

Are you a fag?
>>
>FWD but is heavier than 2,700 pounds
>ipad in the dash
>pretty much every car made after the year 2000
>>
Rear view cameras are needed with gunslit rear """"windows"""". Sport mode gives the steering some feedback usually, which is nice. Also makes the throttle more linear.

Idiot-enabling auto-braking (not ABS) is pretty bad, though.
>>
Power steering
Brake boost
Seat belts
Airbags
Traction control
Abs

Fucking normies
>>
>>13997297
How about not buying cars with these problems to begin with
>>
>>13997308
I don't, I just have to drive them sometimes.
>>
File: Kr.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Kr.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>13997305
>>
>>13997292
Do you even remember what it's like to use a rear-view mirror to park? It's understandable with tiny windows, but so much hand-holding really cripples your skills

>>13997297
I have a friend who feels superior about anything he can possibly feel superior about, and even though he can't drive stick, he thinks sport mode is the same thing
>>
>>13997315
Jesus christ really

You've been on 4chan too long
>>
Anything that controls the car that I'm not entirely in control of.

Traction Control,
Assisted/Automatic Braking,

you get the idea..

>>13997305
AW11 detected
>>
>>13997323
Yeah your friends an idiot.
>>
File: .mod_1448986748678.png (1MB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
.mod_1448986748678.png
1MB, 1191x670px
>>13997305
>implying my truck has any of these
>>
>>13997323
are you retarded or something? you are still suppose to look back behind you. there is litterally no downside of having a rear view camera as long as you are not stupid. what is there is an animal or child behind you that are too low for your mirrors to see?
>>
>>13997350
No
Fuck
Cameras
That is the grossest shit
>>
File: 1400694143939.png (101KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
1400694143939.png
101KB, 244x295px
>>13997287
>wifi
>tpms
>automatics with manual style gates
>engine start-stop systems
>active cylinder deactivation
>actively cooled seats
>bluetooth
>power windows
>>
The only thing I really can't stand are the new interior features cars are getting:

>infotainment
>tablet in car
>touchscreens etc...

Just give me a fucking proper radio, assholes
>>
>>13997350
Everyone I know who has one, never looks behind them anymore. Cameras are definitely useful so you can park with precision of inches, but I don't like that it's becoming a crutch for people
>>
>>13997305
>power steering
>airbags

Seriously faget?

Dumbass
>>
>>13997407
Power steering is unnecessary weight
>>
>>13997412
Lolololol

Here we go again... Another "racecar" driver that drives their self-proclaimed "racecar" as a DD.

Grow up you fucking child.
>>
>>13997422
I'm sorry that I respect my car
I'm sorry for wanting more MPG
>>
>>13997402

>I don't like the fact people use something that's objectively superior and allows them to park much more effectively.

I bet you drive a manual too, huh faggot?
>>
>>13997287
Ur dumb
>>
>>13997495
Gross
>>
>>13997323
>so much hand-holding really cripples your skills
Like cartridge rifles really ruin your ramrod skills.
>>
>>13997495
Is driving manual faggoty now? Using something as an aid =/= using something as a crutch. I admitted myself that they are very useful.
>>
File: trurot.jpg (135KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
trurot.jpg
135KB, 736x552px
I've recently been driving a 2016 Tucson, up from driving 80's turbo coupes with nothing fancy in them.
The only things I hate about modern cars, and the Tuscon in general is the horrid visibility, the high seating position, and the huge blind spots.

-Rearview camera is nice for backing up into a parking space. Its useless otherwise. I would never trust it to reverse blindly.
-The Tucson also has blind spot warning system, but it works 50% of the time. If I am passing a vehicle on the highway at 20mph it doesn't even trigger. Car still has a huge blind spot, so I had to install the convex mirror to assist. That and I can actually see the parking space lines with the little mirrors.
-It also has a electric opening rear hatch. Hit or miss. Kinda nice, like a Seagway, but annoying as hell. Slow, only works in Park. Nice that it opens automatically when you walk up, or use the remote, or from inside the car. Otherwise useless.
-Auto door locks and whatever is stupid, and I still cant figure it out. It senses you when you walk up, you press a button on the door handle and it only unlocks your door. Press the button twice, it unlocks all doors. But it doesnt work when the car is running and your keys are outside. It also has an annoying delay. The sensor distance is like 2 feet, and if I have the keys in my left hand it doesnt register.
Also, I can only use my left hand to open the door, but I think that's more because its a pull, and not a lift handle.
So far nothing in the car has really pissed me off too much, except the damn auto. Its a 7 speed DSG, but it still simulates a torque converter. Meaning it fucking idles forward with the brake depressed. It fucking slips the clutch with the brakes depressed. Fucking retarded. I hear you can flash the ECU so it stops doing this.
>>
File: 43643642.jpg (9KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
43643642.jpg
9KB, 204x200px
I'll tell you my view on the whole "technology makes for bad drivers" argument

Guess what - people are SHIT at driving. The average person has absolutely zero interest in being the safest and most professional he can be. They are not able to park straigth, they tailgate, they look at their phones while driving, they veer of their lane, they fall asleep

This would be true if people were already sufficient drivers and these systems were only there to "save" you incase something would ever happen that is too fast for your reaction or you have a seizure or whatever. Sadly, this is not the case, and people in general are just that shit at driving, both in terms of knowing their vehicle; its condition and limitations, and driving itself; rules, driving according to your conditions and so on

I welcome these things - those of us who have an interest in driving, keep our cars in top notch and know the danger of driving may also one day be saved by one of these systems as somebody texting on their phone is coming straight for your as doing 30 into an intersection, only to have the car automatically brake and avoid a collision that might even have killed you

Praise these systems; they keep us safe
>>
>>13997609
will i be kill before 100% of cars have these meme systems?
>>
>>13997471
you should be sorry you were ever born
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.