[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gated automatic shifters Why? Isn't the button-locking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

>gated automatic shifters

Why? Isn't the button-locking straight line type less likely to get knocked into other gears accidentally?
>>
>>13989365
No
>>
>>13989365
>being such a shit driver that you worry about missing gears in an auto
You're trying really hard to live up to that name of yours.
>>
>>13989365
It's not 2008 anymore.
>>
Button only take it out of park?
>>
>>13989365

All drivers like wiggling a phallus around, but the market shows that not everybody wants to do it the whole time while they are driving.
>>
>>13989365
It's the same reason they make gated shifters for manual transmissions: positive tactile feedback. Gives you an idea of where the shifter is supposed to go for the next gear (or sequence in this case). Makes it less likely to fuck up by putting it in N when you mean D or whatever.

Personally I think gated shifters are stupid regardless of manual or automatic.

> Isn't the button-locking straight line type less likely to get knocked into other gears accidentally?

Depends on which gear you are in and what you are trying to get. In my Lexus, you don't have to use the button when you are in the lower gears.
>>
How do I drive an automatic?
>>
>>13990022
Automatic drives you
>>
>>13989365

Because the gated shifters are because of the gear shift on the gate.

I have one on my car, for my year it came with a gated shifter because you press up and down on the knob to change gears when its in the shift area.

The year after mine, changed to a button straight line shifter with paddles on steering wheel.
>>
>>13990028
I'm serious. Company is giving me an official car but it's an automatic and I never drove one.
>>
>>13990066
shift into R for race
>>
File: PTSD sandwich.webm (348KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
PTSD sandwich.webm
348KB, 720x480px
>>13990022
>>13990066
>Shit drivers don't even know how to shift an automatic car.

You people are the reason for high insurance rates.
>>
>>13990022
>>13990066
>put in D
>gas pedal to go more
>brake pedal to go less
>>
>>13990022
Rev it up in N then drop to D for maximum respect
>>
>>13990121
>Shit drivers
I drive manuals perfectly. Drove since i was 12 and never been in an accident. I don't know how automatic works because European. Seen more unicorns than automatics.
>>
>>13990140

You put it in D to drive.

Its pretty basic common sense.
>>
>>13989869
There is no button, that's the reason for the pattern.
>>
>>13990022
basically you just put it in "d" (for drive) and just use the gas pedal. If you're going more than 90 mph you should put the car in r for racing, it gives you a higher gear so better mileage and its also accelerates faster.
>>
>>13990170
gear ratio*

my mercedes usually gets ~20% better mileage and it wears less on the transmission
>>
>>13990022
>>13990066
Bruh, don't listen to all of these trolls. The only anon telling the truth is >>13990076

D is for "Dormant" which is like sleep mode for a PC. You leave the car in D when you just need to run into the store for 30 seconds and leave the car running.
>>
>>13989365
Is there a difference between leaving the car in P and D when you're parking it?
>>
>>13990328
Toyotas won't let you take keys out if it's in D
>>
>Owning an automotive vehicle with an automatic transmission
The highest of giggles
>>
>>13990337
Lemme guess...
You're manual master race, drift king and bestest dagumi ever. And you drive a logitech.
>>
>>13989365
I'm cringing just watching the infomercial for this shit on my mind.
>Thanks, Toyota! You've saved me so much time shifting my shitbox into D!
>Over
>Down
>Over
>Down
>Over
>Down
>Drives off
>>
>>13990328
Yes, big difference, when you put an auto in park it engages a pawl that locks it up. Leaving the car in gear won't hold the car in place like a manual does with engine compression because of the torque converter.
>>
>>13990552
Which is why there are parking brakes.
>>
>>13990552
>>13990575
And they are also used in manuals. Leaving the car in gear is just a precaution in case handbrake fails.
>>
>>13990552
Thanks
>>
>>13990498
kek
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.