[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I import a uk spec 2003 Subaru Wrx right hand drive into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

How do I import a uk spec 2003 Subaru Wrx right hand drive into the states? I'm dding one in Europe right now.

I'm in the military so they will ship it back for free without going through customs i think. What about when go to get it registered in the states and stuff though.
>>
Dunno how to do it legally, if it's a trim level that was available here you should be able to just bring it through customs and they'll give you the paperwork.

I brought a few vehicles from Canada, but since the VINs between the countries use the same systems, I could just register them without going through customs

The feds would be all over me, but was np cause the only difference was them being in metric
>>
>>13988499
You dont.
Thats it.
Its not 25 years old so its not allowed.
>>
>>13988540
I love your backed up research and sources brother.
>>
>>13988499
i have a stupid question
what is the difference between a uk spec and usa spec wrx of 2003? besides the obvious rhd and lhd
>>
Go to a Subaru dealer and find out exactly what the difference between a us spec car and the eu spec car are. Things like emissions systems can and probably are different. Also the eu car may not have the 5 mph bumper beam installed. Most dealers had and still have a "us spec" option when buying a car, so the dealer should know fairly quickly what the differences are.

Once you know the difference is get in contact with whoever is in charge of your personnel division and ask them about what forms will be nessary to document that the vehicle is now up to us specs.

Note: this is only an option if there was an equivalent version sold in the us. For instance if you car is an STi with the EJ207, your out of luck because the sti only ever came with the EJ257.
>>
>>13988499

Have the same thing with my Audi. its a 1993 and when i would ship it home only 1992s will be legal. Id have to trailer it home and keep it away for 3 months until it were legal. Can i do that? Just put it on a trailer out of the lot?
>>
>>13988577
He's right. You don't. There's few ways to get this car into the US.

1. You federalize it

RHD will almost certainly prevent you from doing this, on top of the possible lack of US compliant safety equipment like door bars.

2. You get the manufacturer to back you up and say that that model performs exactly the same as US models in crash tests

You will never get this.

3. It's 25 years old from date of manufacture, not model year.

This will not work for obvious reasons.

4. Show and display

Prohibitive

5. Temporary importation or permanent importation as a race car

One is obviously temporary and the other is strict. It cannot be a car you intend to build as a race car, it must already be a race car.
>>
>>13988499

Unless you are E4+ with 4+ years of service you aren't allowed to.
>>
>>13990171
So if I say I go to the track and autocross my car it will b good?
>>
>>13990214
Nope.
>>
>>13990217
what if I put a lot of stickers on it
>>
>>13990227
No.
>>
File: 1438537036038.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438537036038.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>13990171
I've considered several times starting a business for importation and federalizing vehicles. Sort of like MotoRex but without the whole fraud thing. Even went so far as to contact the NHTSA and EPA for engineering specifications. Stuff people always nut over like euro spec BMW's and R34's. I think it'd be cool and there's a (niche) market for it. Inevitably, I always come to the same conclusion:

The people complaining the loudest for these enthusiast non-US spec cars don't have the money to buy the cars once federalized.
>>
>>13990159
Yes, just do it as a show car
>>
>>13990330
You would not make any money.
>>
>>13990348
desu that's what the last sentence says senpai
>>
>>13988577

Are you retarded? Genuine question.
>>
>>13989803

>Implying dealers know shit about technical specs, even the ones currently on their lots.
>>
>>13990526
Its spelled retarted, I take offense to the misspelling of my condition.
>>
>>13990535

>implying dealers don't have access to manufacture information that can be given to owners that requires very little technical understanding on pare of the individual.

Further more, shit posting doesn't help op.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.