[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I take a dumbass kiddo who is obsessed with cars and has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-toyota-avalon-back-1.jpg (27KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
2015-toyota-avalon-back-1.jpg
27KB, 500x322px
How do I take a dumbass kiddo who is obsessed with cars and has an entitlement complex that is closely connected to the obsession?

Who /avalon/ here?
>>
In the back.
>>
>>13985215
lol the boot?

Seriously, how do I take him down a notch. His mother won't do it and he is either going to get jaded when reality tells him, or I can tell him and he'll just dislike me for a little while.
>>
>>13986301
Post his FB. I will tell him.
>>
>>13986306
AFAIK his mother doesn't allow him to keep social media other than LinkedIn (why a kid would need one, I have no idea; network with walmart or restaurant employees?). She's just my date, I'm not her kid's dad.
>>
>>13985193
You basically just described me. I don't about him, but in my case liking cars kinda became an identity, and part of that identity meant owning some sort of enthusiast car. When it looked like I wouldn't be able to a while back, it made me the most stressed I'd been for a long time.

As to what someone could say to make me stop feeling like that, I have no idea. Kinda wish they would, though.
>>
>>13986318
OK, now alarm bells are ringing. I don't know exactly what your circumstances are, but I find it hard to see any situation where waltzing into the kid's home and telling him what he should want from life and that you think he's and entitled dumbass is going to end well.
>>
>>13985193
>I don't share an interest with the son of a woman I'm dating
>How do I rip his life apart and ruin it so that he can't have anymore fun ever again?
Are you mad that he doesn't want a shit box toyota girls car?
A car enthusiast can be much happier with a $1k fun shit box than they ever will be with a $20k+ "normal" car.
>>
File: 1448213025622.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448213025622.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>13986439
That being said if he's being given the avalon he can shut the fuck up.

>was given bring car
>very grateful
>still worked hard and bought shitbox foxbody for fun
>mfw "nice car"was less reliable than mustang
>>
>>13985193
that car makes my dick hard.
can someone convince me that owning one of those wouldn't be fabulous?
>>
>>13986401
Sometimes if I am cooking dinner, then his mom will bring him with so that we can be "all together" if he isn't at his dad's place across the country. Luckily her ex has to pay for the plane tickets. Tough business for the kid though.
>>
>>13986439
>shit box toyota girls car

Is that an avalon you are describing? That is literally toyotas flagship....have you ever driven one? Enjoy your gt crap while the rest of us drive lux.
>>
>>13988614
>if I am cooking dinner
Who allowed you to leave the kitchen?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>13985193
2000 Avalon here. 131k and absolutely perfect, no issues ever. Great car really. Completely sufficient power when needed (You can enter the highway at close to 100mph if you really wanted to) all while being comfy af.
>>
>>13988785
My dad's Z and my brothers beat-to-shit ranger in the background as an added bonus
>>
>>13986301
>>13986318
>>13988614
honestly, the kid sounds like me when I was younger. Honestly, there's nothing you can do to take him down a notch. What you SHOULD do is BE THERE when reality knocks him down. I didn't have anyone when that happened to me, and it would've meant the world.
>>
>>13988797
Filtered
>>
>>13988621
>Toyota's flagship
>loopy T logo
Nope. Never going to happen.
>>
>>13990459
Forgot my pic
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.