[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a bad person for really wanting one of these? >that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: spark.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spark.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
Am I a bad person for really wanting one of these?

>that gas mileage
>that cheap price
>park anywhere
>durable as fuck
>I'm a faggot and love the purple
>>
>>13978460
>Am I a bad person for really wanting one of these?

No, you are just a poorfag normie.
>>
>>13978460
Get a purple Twingo instead.
>>
>>13978460
>new Chevy Spark
Nice Opel Karl
>>
>>13978503
>implying there's more wrong with Opel than any other shitbox manufacturer
>>
>>13978511
Never said that. Just paying respect to what it actually is... At least the Spark isn't a rebadged Daewoo anymore.
>>
>>13978460
I think that you are a good person for wanting it, rather than something over the top people buy just because they are insecure.
>>
>>13978460
I want one too. I prefer the styling of the Spark over the Karl but I can't get it in my country anymore, they only sell the Corvette and the Camaro here.
>>
File: 1428367714966.jpg (17KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1428367714966.jpg
17KB, 500x368px
>>13978503
>>13978717
>Opel Karl
Christ almighty, just when I thought Opel Adam was an idiotic name.
>>
>>13978730
>Christ almighty, just when I thought Opel Adam was an idiotic name.
considering Adam Opel was the man who started Opel, it's about as stupid a name as the Ferrari Enzo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Opel

The Opel Karl is named after Adam Opel's oldest son, Carl.

Still wondering when the Chevrolet Louis is going to hit the market.
>>
>>13979095
How about the McLaren Bruce, the Aston Martin Robert or the Lotus Colin? No?

I can totally imagine Citroen calling some daft left-field executive car the Andre-Gustav, though.
>>
>>13978460
Having driven one, I can say you're not completely a bad person. They are light and tossable as hell. They are quite nimble and behave predictably. It's a slow car that is fun to drive fast.

Do not get the 4 speed automatic under any circumstances, the car is nearly undrivable with it. Half the fun in this car is using a stick to wring all 80-whatever horsepower out of the tiny low-tech engine.

The 4-speed simply can't do it; the ratios are too wide. Plus the throttle tip-in behavior on the automatic is so terrible as to seem broken - the car takes heavy throttle just to get rolling at surface-street speeds, but you have to back way off almost immediately, or it will start zinging off redline shifts trying to do a 0-60 sprint. There's no middle ground. This is a car that would be improved by a CVT.

They're not all that reliable, and the gas mileages, while good, is not outstanding. Bigger & heavier cars like the Mazda 3 and Chevy's own Sonic can easily match the Spark's MPG numbers, while being both heavier and faster.

But all in all, I'd say it's a worthy successor to the base model Metro, and GM's best badge-engineered Korean subcompact hatchback to date.
>>
>>13979441
It's actually German, not Korean. They used an Opel instead of a Daewoo this time.
>>
yes unless you're an overweight but not quite obese dikeish bitch in which case yes you are a bad person but not not because of your horrible taste in cars
>>
>>13979446
That's a sticky wicket to explain.

The current Sonic is on the 2nd generation Gamma platform.

The original Gamma was an Opel design, but Gamma II development was handed off to GM Korea (an organization which contains the shrapnel of Daewoo's liquidated car division).

So it's really both. A Korean update of a German design, which is currently being manufactured for the US market in Korea.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.