[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question /o/, and please..no whitty replies.. So, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 001.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
I have a question /o/, and please..no whitty replies.. So, I have a 87 Chevy C10 Truck that has a 350 V8 Engine and It runs great and everything fires right up. I had the carb rebuilt and fuel filters, fuel lines, fuel pumps, water pumps and had an oil change recently. Now, I don't think its the oil because this problem still happens so heres the problem. When I cold start my truck every morning after it sits for about 6-8 hours, I get in and press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it for about 3 seconds then release then again for another 3 seconds then release then my truck will fire right up after. Then the engine will begin to idle rough and shake a little the only way to clear this is to increase the RMP to a certain point I'd say around 2-3 on the gauge. which helps warm up the engine and then slowly gets rid of the engine shake. So. is this a sign of bad engine heads or is this just a normal common thing with old trucks and cars?
>>
you can check your spark plugs to see if its rich or lean
during that time, let it idle. if they are black its too rich
>>
>>13978303
I'll check, I had a idea that it could be related to the plugs. I had 3 replaced because out the 5 that remain, I can't replace because they are rusted I have to wait till each of the 5 last old plugs had to blow out in order to be re-threaded for new plugs.
>>
File: IMG_20150926_085656.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150926_085656.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Is that your truck in the OP? I drive the same truck, '87 Scottsdale. Odd that yours is carb'd, though. Is it the original 350? I thought they introduced TBI into all of them that year. Maybe consider installing a manual choke, will help you heaps with carb control during cold starts.
>>
>>13978310
That's why. You should replace all the spark plugs at once, not 3/8 dongus.
>>
>>13979263
Can't replace them all 5 remaining ones because they are rusted in their place..

>>13979210
Yes that is my truck. Original 350 carbed engine. Nice to see you have a similar color!
>>
>>13979263
Soak it in PB blaster and go eat lunch, then come back with a breaker bar. This isn't hard esé
>>
>>13978310
What the fuck??? Soak the shit out of the plugs with PBlaster like the other anon said, only do it several times, letting it sit for a it between soakings. If they don't come loose you are in some trouble, easiest thing to do would be just buy new (used but in good shape) heads for it.
>>
Just because the carb was rebuild doesn't mean it's tuned right. Is the choke and high idle even working right?
>>
Torch
>>
Probably a problem with the electric choke if there's anything wrong at all. If you live where it gets really cold this is just how carb'd cars are.
>>
>>13978296

>witty replies
>on /o/

You have nothing to worry about OP.
>>
File: DSC01742B.jpg (231KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01742B.jpg
231KB, 800x600px
Your carb and intake is an aftermarket conversion that needs attention, find the manufacture of carb and learn to adjust the idle, idle air mixture, choke pull off
Change all your spark plugs
consider installing a block heater in one of the freeze plugs

FYI 1987 was the year TBI was on nearly every GM vehicle
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>13979210
Fuck yeah for Scottsdales
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.